• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kotc gathering

So are we trying to set something up for this year ? I see that theres some talk in the Carver Trestle forum about a possible gathering of lumber jacks. Just wondering what everybodies thoughts were

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• Gordie

• Shack

• ec30_06

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried earlier in the year to get a Mankato KOTC meet going but nothing ever came of it...I would be very interested in a gathering of some sorts. I want to meet some people.

I tried earlier in the year to get a Mankato KOTC meet going but nothing ever came of it...I would be very interested in a gathering of some sorts. I want to meet some people.
Excuse me darling, WE tried. I believe I started the thread dude ...

Yeah because I brought the idea up and said I would make a thread but you went ahead and created it.

Lets get something going.

I certainly hope we have a KOTC gathering.

I'd also encourage you to check out the "Smarter Than a Carp" gathering in the South Central forum.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...SO_#Post1958330

If you like catch and release fishing for catfish, you'll like carp fishing. One of the great things about carp fishing is that you can use light tackle. I caught many on an ultralight rod with four pound test. Check out the "August Carp" thread for more information about Lake Volney.

Well time is running out for some sort of gathering. I can’t do it this weekend (nor would we want to with the BP contest), and the 22nd is likely out due to BPCL on the 21st, same goes for the first weekend in Sept.

For myself that leaves 8/15 and 8/29

I don’t see any type of change for water levels, so that is one thing to consider. I can tell you this right now, I won’t be organizing a log cutting event, that’s a liability waiting to happen. I would help out, but I won’t organize wink

I really don’t want to do anything formal, rather would pick a date, pick a spot and chill out. I guess it’s just my opinion, but for an event like this I would prefer to sit around a smartfire and tell lies all night rather than having an actual fishing event. Everyone can do what they want, but I’ll just toss a line out from shore and Bee Ess with everyone.

I think 8/15 would work good.

I'd Be down for the fire on a sandbar. One of the first bends up or down from jordan would work good. Something like what we did the first year

As long as people can get there from shore...it would be a bummer for us guys without boats to want to go to a gathering and not be able to get there.

thats works for me also I would like to kick back on shore and tell some stories of the season and past ones. I'm sure that we could set up some type of shuttle service for guiys with out boats also I know I could haul a few guys and I'm sure there is a couple guys with RP's that wouldnt mind doing the same thing either.

I'd be in! I'm still the FNG here but nothing better than telling stories and making all those fish sound bigger than they really are!! So count me in! HOOAH!

Quote:
Something like what we did the first year

That was a good time. Didn't like 18 or 20 people out of the 30 in KOTC show up? With 90 or so people in it these days I wonder how many would attend? confused

I'm down too! let me know & i'll bring a Chain Saws & rop...... I wanna help out any way i can down on the river

oh wait.. 8/15, im gettin married that day, WHOOPS! dont tell my wife to be! Guess i wouldnt be able to make it that night. Maybe I could postpone the wedding? laugh

oh wait.. 8/15, im gettin married that day, WHOOPS! dont tell my wife to be! Guess i wouldnt be able to make it that night. Maybe I could postpone the wedding? laugh

Have the reception on the same sandbar as the KOTC gathering!

Quote:
Something like what we did the first year

That was a good time. Didn't like 18 or 20 people out of the 30 in KOTC show up? With 90 or so people in it these days I wonder how many would attend? confused

Yep, I know Dtro has better footage, but the first year was pretty cool.

I used B-day cause I knew it was the first, but sure not the last.

I remember Riverhog just got his boat then grin Papa doing the first 360 in RP I had seen (stirring up the water), loading Brian A's boat full of pallets Grant found for us, and the slow motorcade of boats rolling down stream in very low water wink Then Jerry coming around the bend in the his kayak, some good food was grilled up, then meeting HL for the first time at the launch around 3:30am. He had some skunk trips in a row and I thought something was said about "I am done with the flatheads" grin Met a ton of goods guys for the first time and had a great time. The best part for me was I had motor issues (since corrected thank God) and LFC saying "use the trolling motor to get down and someone will tow you back" grin Then when I got it fix at the location and fired the motor, the roar from the crowd (then up by the brush cause of the sun and heat) grin . I would say it was a great (if not the best) GT I have ever been to. Learned a ton.

Ah it was a good time and I would say very hard to recapture, but worth a try. smile

not that I got much say but how bout this saturday instead? lol otherwise I'll send out invitations for the reception tomorrow. laugh

There were a few party pops consumed that night. smile

Few?!?!?!? mmmmm. slight understatement.

anyone remember my feeble attempt at clonking?....

Especially when DTRO yanked my chain and started pulling on my line when I couldn't see it.... wink I really thought it worked. laugh

I'm crying man. Lot of F-bombs in that video and someone was talking about Jagermeister as well. Good thing I didn't fall out of the boat that night... thanks Rob! Or run into the only snag I marked with a skull & crossbones icon on the GPS. Or polish my prop on a certain rock ledge in the river.

For those of you who think you escaped cleanly, I've got photos too. grin

Larry... Sailor Jerry ring a bell?? wink

Ding Ding Ding Fun Times...I forgot about the Larry Clonk Prank. laughlaugh

lol Hanson that was quite the boat trip. :))

So the last few posts have me thinking we need to have a Gathering again. And if I show up, someone better bring me a turtle, eh?

So... when is it?

I know this was brought up this winter/spring; I forgot, and am too lazy to go back and find answers to shoot holes in this, but I would be game to run teams next year like they do over on the turkey forum. It would add to the [PoorWordUsage]'ing/comraderie, maybe? Bonus would be the team three-legged races down a sandbar wink.

I know this was brought up this winter/spring; I forgot, and am too lazy to go back and find answers to shoot holes in this, but I would be game to run teams next year like they do over on the turkey forum. It would add to the [PoorWordUsage]'ing/comraderie, maybe? Bonus would be the team three-legged races down a sandbar wink.

I've been a proponent of the team format since it started. Actually quite bummed on the individual format even though I was top whatever last year. I've also been strongly supporting a "other" rough fish type monthly category for bonus points since it started. BP league has the turtle deal going on now... I've been supporting a "other" category forever. Seams like everything is about 2 years behind my ideas. I would be supportive of a creative change. "Fun" factor needs to be brought back in to the picture, and I mean "fun".

Ya the teams where fun, but????? grin

All I will say is the screams and yells could be heard two bends up stream at 3:00am grin

These images of 2007 still crack me up:

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

2007 Recap thread!

I forgot about the skydiver laugh