• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Streiff Results

No, but I did hear about a team a couple years ago beating the heck out of their bodies and snapping their trolling motor in half running all the way up to garden... :-)

98 teams, tourney pays back to 12th place.

Team/total weight/Big fish

1st Mike Hugg/Jon Berns 18.1 9.2

2nd Mark Chapman/Kent Christianson 15.65 2.2

3rd Byron Eilertson/Steve Obitz 15 7.25

4th Richard Selheim/Troy Rasmusson 14.95 2.3

5th Van Hapka/Peter Hapka 13.55 7.25

6th Rich Cwikla/Jim Cwikla 13.05 2.35

7th Travis Carlson/Greg Norman 12.3 2.5

8th Ian Mitchel/Tony Beckel 11.95 1.85

9th Dewayne Duckworth/Mitch Anderson 11.45 2.25

10th Rich Blomberg/Jason Heppner 10.9 2.15

11th Tony Montebello/Jackson Herron 10.75 2.05

12th Ryan Marvin/Jamie Hathaway 10.45 1.95

BIG CONGRATS to Mike and WalleyeJon on their first place showing.

Good job you two.

Nice Job guys. Another beautiful day to be on the water:)

Ya it was a little bumpy out there Fri and Sat both!

When the goin' gets tough the tough get goin'!!

Plain beautiful yesterday.. Fish were a snappin too.. Figures.

Yeah, things couldn't have worked better for us. We had a plan, stuck to it and it paid off. Here's the story:

We found a spot off the edge of some rocks that has been producing big fish for us for five or six weeks(ten fish over 28" including two over thirty). (Check my "Too Much Fun?" thread a page or two back.) Anyway, we got the anchor set perfectly on the first try in the so called 6-14 mph wind (yeah right). The boat was actually swinging from 30' off the edge up to 25' on the rocks. I jigged up a 23" almost immediately, then fifteen minutes later I set the hook on my first ever 30+ inch walleye (30.5). We got her in the boat, and I couldn't even take her out of the net for a minute or two because I was shaking so bad. I bent the first tag all to heck trying to get it around the jaw bone,and finally had to grab a new one and have Mike put it on for me. While he was doing that, I dropped my jig back down and I'll be darned if I didn't catch a nice 26 incher. At that point we knew it was time to stick to our plan and head back across the to a spot where we had been catching nice eaters in the weeds the last couple weeks. It took us another two hours and twenty five minutes to put our seven under 19.5s in the livewell and head back to the dock. In all, we spent less time fishing (2hrs 50 mins)than we did driving the boat to our spots and back to the dock to weigh in (3hrs 30 mins). A big thanks to my partner Mike, Fisky (who placed 7th by the way-great job Bud), and to Conway, Wade, and all the folks at Streiffs along with the sponsors. If this sounds arrogant I apologize that is not my intention, but this really helped to validate all the time I spend on the Big Pond chasing those golden beauties. Thanks again to all. I'll see you on the water.

No brag! Just fact! You da MAN wj! I'm proud to call you my Friend. Congatulation's also to the character I usually fish with,Fiskynut, on his 7th place win! You guy's both ROCK! 1DIRTBALL

Good job on a well deserved win and thanks to fisky for jumpin in the boat with me on such short notice. wish we could have stuck one more nice fish.

Great job guys. You can brag a bit when your good. wink

Fisky I thought I saw you got 7th as well. Nice job!

Even though I wasn't there to fish the tournament, I was glad I was there to see the results! Congrats to all you guys, even the ones who didn't do so hot but braved the elements! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the guys I fish with finish so well. Way to go! Talk to you and see you soon (I hope). P.S. Fisky, there have been rumblings around here of a fall trip up north....you may want to sharpen up the shears! 100_0826.jpg

Way to go Jon and Mike! Jon, you must have picked up a tip from Walleye Char, eh? Congrats to Fisky and Travis too. Looks like the big kicker fish were hard to come by. Jon, is your 30+ heading for the wall alongside Chars?

Thanks Steve. Yeah, Sportsman's Taxidermy in East Grand gives a certificate for mounting every year for whoever catches the biggest fish. I've been saving a spot on my office wall for this one though, so she'll have to put hers next to my salmon. I dropped it off on Tuesday, and they told me it would be about a year......the guy who is doing Char's said it will be ready in two months....oh well, at least mine was free.

Great job brother, tell Mike congrats for me! Good thing we didn't burn out that weed spot huh? Now we can work on a couple 30's for Stac and I seeing how you and Char are done with yours.

Many thanks you old goat roper. Get your butt back up here, that spot isn't wore out yet...

Shoot me an email when you can. My computer doesn't seem to remember your address and I have some pics for you.