• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was just flipping through the bpcl topic, and saw you guys get a ton of turtles! Is that typical when you're fishing the river? Also, what kinda turtles are they? They don't look like the snappers I'm use to seeing

softshell turtles and its hit and miss didnt catch one all year then on the last BPCL night got two in the boat

There are some snappers out there. This was a fun night we had.

Wouldn't recommend this.

Here's the one I caught a couple years ago. LFC talked me into picking it up for a picture....Now that I look back on it, probably not a good idea

turtle.jpg

Quote:
Now that I look back on it, probably not a good idea

Now you are not kidding there. His head is very close to a piece of harware that you will need for the rest of your life. blush

I had three in one day last week. Is it safe to take the hook out or will these bite? I always just cut the line off.

I have also caught a bunch of those with the orange bellys, those are safe to remove the hook, i've done it alot. They may hiss at you but haven't had one bite me.

I don't catch turtles very often, matter of fact I have only caught one or two in the years fishin the river. I would make every effort to get the hook out but sometimes its just not possible without putting yourself at risk.