• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zipple Bay St Park Area in August

Hi everybody. My family (2 daughters and wife) are looking at a fishing trip August 16th - 20th. I have camped at the state park and fished that area in June but never in August. Are there still walleyes to be had close to the park? First time walleye fishing for one of my daughters so I'm hoping to get her on some fish. I would think there would still be fish in the Graceton Reef area which would be a short boat ride. I'm not looking for anybody's fishng spots. Just general information for that time period.

Thanks!

Brian

In late August a lot of fish are out in the middle on the mud flats where downrigging works well, but jigging and spinners work too. There is usually still plenty of fish closer to shore too. Check on here before you head up and get the latest info, but if the weather is good you'll no doubt catch some fish.

So I'll be fishing Zippel area this weekend...I have seen people last week fishing shallow west of the "lighthouse marker" and also going out to the flats straight north...what would be the best bet?? I tried both with limited success....one more thing...do people fish graceton reef at all with success?? I heard that hold fish all summer but havent done too well there in the winter months...

I have never caught a fish at Graceton Reef. A few people fish

there year round so there must be something there. The charter

boats "check it" pretty often and keep moving.

Deehawk,

By August you should be able to boat 3 miles out in the lake.

toss the anchor and fill the boat with fish jigging over the

side of the boat. The kids will love it, the action is steady.

Get some 3/8 oz jigs and frozen shiner minnows and you are set.