• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I took a little rt down to Rapidan today to check things out and...well, have a piece of Jen's pie at the Dam Store Cafe (chocolate carmel pecan)thumbs.gif

The Blue Earth is moving good but not too fast. Should be some walleye action for opener I'd say. Jim says he'll have bait starting next week and Dave says no morels yet...oh well.

Too many to choose from yesterday...all fresh too. I guess She's sending a bunch up to the State Capitol next week. I'll have to spend more time down there "fishing" this year grin

Excellent place DARK! Their burgers are great too and cheap...with the good river fishing nearby you cant beat that combo. I think i might spend my opener there in fact...oh yeah my favorite is the Rhubarb Pie

I caught some nice 'eyes yesterday while I was trying for cats. I'm sure the fishing will flip flop for me by Saturday though

I'd have to agree with you there WiskerWarrior, the Rhubarb is hard to beat...nice and tart. smile

You know Dark, you should get an endorsement deal on the back of that vest....say Mister Twister wink. The "signage exposure" from when your walking back to the bank with your catch and while your fishing has to be worth at least gas money to the fishing hole, or at minimum free white Mister Twisters grin. Great video again, thanks.

Dark has gone all sophisticated and stuff..... fly fishermans vest..... whats this world coming to?

Those whites are fun when they're snappin!

I wouldn't be caught dead in a fly fishing vest..thats a safari vest and its hard to find a good one.

Just got back from my folks in Willmar. I got to fish yesterday afternoon/night with a couple old buddies...it was slow and cold. We did put two very nice walleyes in the skeeter tho ....and there were some nice size bullheads biting where we were anchored...hhmmmmm.

Hey Dark,

Gotta love those bullheads...I think you cook em on a pine board and then throw the fish away and eat the board...or is that ducks? I went down to a spot on the MN and caught a few 'eyes this afternoon. Couldn't catch anything on a jig, so I rigged up a slip sinker with a floating jighead tipped with a fathead through the lips and bounced that around. Nothing. So then I tried dorsal hooking the fatheads and they liked that...ended up catching a few decent ones. I think I could've gotten into a good bite except I had to go home and grill burgers for the wife and momma.....

• 2 weeks later...