• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did any one else see the 3 Jon boats in the Pigs Eye area today? We were fishing for carp and all 3 boats along and set out the longest net I've ever seen around any local waters. We didn't see any insignia or logos on the boats. Was just curious if anybody knows what they were after or how they did. Was gonna stay around a watch them pull it in but the wind picked and the fishing slowed.

i saw them from 61 as I was driving past. So they were netting huh? They were after rough fish, there's a big market for buffalo and carp

I saw them today too and talked to one guy at the ramp. They were netting carp and loading them into a truck with a tank on back. My guess is they were shipping them out east. I also hear there is a good market for carp out that way.

I couldn't beleive how big that net was. Maybe 2-300 yards I bet they were loaded with fish, I'm curious to hear how much they got.

they should come to buffalo lake, they would reall y have they hands full.

With all the fish consumption warnings along pool 2 I can't believe they allow commercial fishing there.

I believe that some of that commercial netting also goes to fertizers and other non-food uses.

Carp is a resource I could see being more expolited!

I saw that deal about carp under the ice the DNR did. I think they said they got 95% of the carp out or some ridiculous percentage. That's awesome!

With all the fish consumption warnings along pool 2 I can't believe they allow commercial fishing there.

what you dont know cant hurt you right. They net eyes down in P3 just up from the power plant there too. how would you like paying 15.99 for a plate of that crazy

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work for the DNR at the South St. Paul launch and those guys would come in with their catch. If I remember right, one of them said they dump corn or some other kind of feed in a bay and then come back the next day and run the next across the bay and trap all the fish.

They would have some huge carp, buffalo, suckers, etc. in their nets. You're right rosspj, they load them on a truck immediately and ship them out to New York.

It would be interesting to see the smallies, walleye and pike that get caught in those nets too.

I saw 10 to 15 dead large walleye after they pulled nets in hog lake couple of years ago,also in grey cloud channel area.The fish go to New York, no advisory on commmercial caught fish. The bass, pike, and walleye they caught in the nets are let go. but they do kill some fish, that end up in bottom of nets. which hurts in a C&R area. And pool #2 is open ended as fish will move up into mn.river also .Which is not C&R.