• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering how the bass fishing is on Pool 4? Heading out there on Friday to do some bass fishing and then switch to walleyes or whatever else there is down there. Also, how is navigation in the area and the backwater area? Any help is appreciated.

watch the markers and if your heading into theback waters take it slow you never know what your going to run over down there. but on the plus side the fishing can be great

• 1 month later...

Where are some good spots on pool 4 for bass? I fish the backwaters of 5A a lot and do well, but havn't ventured onto pool 4 that much. I was thinking about the southern end of Pepin, any thoughts?

Thanks

The south end of pepin on the MN side is a pretty good smallie producer. The rip rap along the railroad tracks drops down fairly quick and it's prime smallmouth territory. But I've also caught lot's of nice 'eyes, silver bass, crappie, and even a largemouth there too.

How is Fortyacre Lake, and all the sloughs in that area? I was just looking on google earth and those areas look similar to what I fish on 5A. How are the water levels in that area?

Thanks

you can find fish just about anywere in the backwaters down there. it just takes some persistance to find what they are relateing to that day sometimes its current sometimes its rock and others its wood you just gotta keep searching

Got out and fished pool 4 twice this weekend with little to show for it. Water levels seem like they are down a lot and made it difficult to get to some areas. Spent a good deal of time in Indian slough in Wabasha, but once again water seemed really low and didn't have much luck.

I fished a tourney this last Sunday, flipping wood that you can find with water on it, seemed to be the deal for me, cashed a check doing it

HellaBass,

What area were you fishing, north or south of pepin? Also what were they biting on?

You can email me at:tjthomps5629(at)winona(dot)edu if you want.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

HellaBass,

What area were you fishing, north or south of pepin? Also what were they biting on?

You can email me at:tjthomps5629(at)winona(dot)edu if you want.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, but both above & below Pepin, tubes & jigs were both good

• 2 months later...

Does anyone ever fish in Pepin for bass?? I was down there this weekend and was wondering this????

I was there about 10 days ago and caught a few smallies. Nothing over 12 inches, but it was a crappy day also. I've caught some dandies in the past. They are there.