• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOTW on opener.

What tactics are usually a solid bet on opener?(may 9th) I am looking at going out of either Buffalo Bay or Warroad area, is there one place that is better than the others?

Only a couple of weeks left.

Vertical jigging with gold/chartreuse and shiner minnow

Through an 8-10" hole in the ice grin. Could still be alot of ice yet on opener like last year. I think the ice out mabe later than last year. frown

The ice went off around Thursday the week after opener last year. If you have the option the fishing gets better a week or 2 after opener.

Do you sppose you could still use two rods then thru the ice???hahaha..At Springsteel last year the ice left the shore fri nite before opener. Guess i shouldn't have had all them beers fri. nite!! On the west side it seems people run more spinners than the vert. jig thing(tipped w/crawlers or chubbers)..

Do you sppose you could still use two rods then thru the ice???hahaha..At Springsteel last year the ice left the shore fri nite before opener. Guess i shouldn't have had all them beers fri. nite!! On the west side it seems people run more spinners than the vert. jig thing(tipped w/crawlers or chubbers)..

Ice fishing is ice fishing. 2 lines are legal through the ice as long as you are fishing through the ice.

The ice went off around Thursday the week after opener last year. If you have the option the fishing gets better a week or 2 after opener.

I think the ice will be off by opener this year

We will see, as of right now the ice is further behind than last year, but ya never know for sure what the weather will do, heat, cold or rain. Some good rain could take it down in a hurry.

the ice will be off 1 week after opener.i was out there the last day of ice fishing.still had to use extention.the ice was starting to get soft and honey comb a little bit.

You're gonna want to scrap opener. Unless ur thinking river fishin. Like jerkbait stated we need warm windy weather to open the old girl up. Hopefully not to much wind at the right time though, can cause a lot of havoc. End of May is lookin excellent though!!!!!!!!!!!

we go to oak island 2nd week,

we do the leach thing and only the leach thing

i like to use a pink headed jigs with the white twister tail+leach.

others in our group use a #6 snell tied direct with a small split shot up about 2-3'+ leach.

we like to drift shallow strucure,,3'-12'

The wind and rain today should make a dent on the ice. The 7 day forcast looks good also. Might make opener let. Better keep them fingures X.

There is a lot of BLUE water showing on Arnesen's Web/cam this morning!

Just got off the phone with Al at Morris Point...there's a stiff wind coming out of the south for the past two days up here...Al said that there's no ice as far as the eye can see today...He also said "he" doesn't "think" it'll be back either! Yesterday the Sattelite image showed it out as far west as Zipple and I'm guessing about 2 - 3 miles off the shoreline....and...the big chunk out in the middle was developing some serious cracks...hope the wind keeps up it'll be all busted up by the weekend...