• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wabasha Backwaters

Anyone know what the temps are on the backwaters? Going down there on sunday, hopefully the pannies are active. Last year I went down there around this time and there was still ice chunks floating around.

i was through there the 27th and there was no ice to been seen. People were shore fishing the backwaters between Wabasha and nelson to the point that some were or had to park off the side of the highway.

I was hoping to get down there during this past week to avoid that, now I'm hoping people will pass on fishing because it's easter, I doubt it, but one can hope crazy I'm thinking the pannies will be plenty active with all this nice sunny weather.

i was there today the backwaters were anywere from 45 to 51 degrees. just to warn you the current is horrible so bring with good trollingmotor batteries or a really heavy anchor it was brutal today.

I was just gonna be fishing from shore along the hwy into WI. Thanks for the update on temps though, very encouraging for me smile

Fished the community spot along hwy 25. Water is still on the chilly side, and the fish were very picky...and small! Ended up with about or sunnies, nothing of any size. Was nice to get the gear out and shake off the rust though.

Why is it that out of all the available shorefishing along that hwy, only that 1 spot holds fish? I've come down here 3 years in a row now for my initial open water fishing and I still haven't caught any fish anywhere else!