• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pool 2 Current and Ramp Info - Mississippi River Fishing

Hello,

I'm new to fishing Pool 2 and I'm wondering if anyone has been to the Ford Dam area or used the ramp at Hidden Falls lately? I'm planning on heading out there on friday and I was just wondering how the current is and if the Hidden Falls ramp is usable.

Is the marina further down river another option if Hidden Falls is unusable?

Thanks for the help.

The water is flying over the dam, and the whole island is underwater below the dam. Loading could be tough if you are not experienced. Have not heard if watergate marina is open yet.

As far as I know everthing is still closed all the ramps in pool 2. I was at the launch in St.Paul Park today and it was closed but there was a truck and trailer in the lot dont know how he launched but guessing it was a ticket waiting to happen. Its still moving strong

I was at watergate, ramp and river are still closed. Map guys when the river does open. Do yourself a big favor, go to the marina. Thats the only place I will launch in that area. If fishing near 494 then I'll go there. those are the only places worth going.

Hey Jim are you still working at the Big C up in Rogers?

I was thinking about swinging up there sometime in the near future and was wondering if we could talk about a guiding tour. I figure you have no idea who this is. I was one of the man catfishermen that came into the lakeville store while you were down here.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like I'll have to wait a week or two before giving the river a try.

I was at watergate, ramp and river are still closed. Map guys when the river does open. Do yourself a big favor, go to the marina. Thats the only place I will launch in that area. If fishing near 494 then I'll go there. those are the only places worth going.

What does it cost to launch at the marina? Around $5 per launch? I checked their website, but only found seasonal rates. I have a small boat that I will be using on the river and could probably get by at hidden falls during the summer months. Just wondering the cost as that would be an easy launch during late april, may and june while the river is still high. Thanks.

last year it was $10 during the week and 15 on the weekend. probably the same this year.

Loon, your right-on. A season pass is $250. Kitty, I stopped working The Big C, about a year plus ago. Found a good day, will had good day job. I'll be there Sat-Sunday april 25,26 for the spring fling. I'm going to school on weekends now. Last season, I had clients catch 6, In-fisherman Master angler award fish.

2-Walleyes, 3-Smallies, 1-Largemouth the bass was 23" long Just over 7lb's

Guys that catch Master angler award AS A CLIENT, can have it mounted for $5.00 per Inch. (skin mount Only) Rep's is still being worked on. Hope for a 3-4 month turn around on fish.

I just stopped by Hidden Falls and the ramp is open. The baracades are no where to be seen. The water level is five feet from top of ramp.

The river is still fast so please be carefull and where your life jackets. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I hope to see you all on the river.

Thanks for the rpt on Hidden Falls. See ya out there. That ramp can be tricky with the wicked eddy there.