• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hows the northern fishin off of sprigsteel

Bobber Stopper

wondering how the northern fishin has been off springsteel and how the ice is, any info ???

Just got back from tip up fishing. Fishing was pretty good. Our group caught 23 fish on friday, about 15 were under the slot and the rest were in the slot with the biggest being 39. Yesterday it was a little slower with 15 fish but they were all bigger fish, none over 40 though. A group next to us caught one that was 42 and a few smaller ones. The ice is still good, no snow left anymore but its starting to get sloppy and now they are talking rain so that will hurt it alot.

hey buckhunter21, what were you using for bait? last year we were using both live and frozen and had about equal results how about you? we ran all different depths from six feet of water "under the ice" to three feet and actually saw more action in the shallows. what depth was the most active for you?

We were using dead smelt and live suckers. Only one guy was using the live bait and he did about the same as everyone else so i dont think it really matters. We were in about 7-8 feet of water off of a sand bar, we stayed there the whole weekend so we didnt try any other depths. Early morning was definitly the best bite and again at noon and after 5 i dont think we had a flag so i would get out there as early as you can.

ok thanks, Im gonna bring both frozen and live, now we just have to hope the weather cooperates! it rained like cats and dogs at my place lastnight, Ill have to check with springsteel resort before i leave to see how the ice is doin, Thanks again for the info

I am headed up there on thursday night with some buddies for the first time and am excited. I hope the ice will still be fishable after all the rain and now they are forcasting 5-10" of snow up there in the next day or two frown

"fisherman27: I am headed up there on thursday night with some buddies for the first time and am excited. I hope the ice will still be fishable after all the rain and now they are forcasting 5-10" of snow up there in the next day or two "

hi brad.

HOw has the ice been up there? Thinking about heading up there this weekend? Just driving out in my SUV though so thats the only thing holding me back. Any info would be great.

Best to check with Springsteel, if that's where you're headed out of. We talked to them yesterday, and they're probably going to be recommending ATV traffic only if conditions continue to deteriorate. We're going up Saturday and are now planning on taking wheelers instead of driving out. Sounds like the ice is still ok, but with bad spots here and there. Problem is, all the snow has covered the good and the bad spots, so it's difficult if not impossible to stay on the safe ice.

a few guys i will be fishing with this weekend went out of springsteel yesterday, drove out fine with vehicles. .

i heard slow. im headed up after work today. hopefully if the weather straightens the fish will cooperate more.

Four of us going up. Staying at CanAm Sat night. My father-in-law is Bobber Stopper...(original poster)...

We are staying at the patch in warroad. this is a yearly event for us, bunch a family and friends. We will be out there friday and saturday! Not sure where yet though.

Nice....The Patch was full when we called...we only started this last year...but what a blast. How was the ice today? We're planning on 4 wheelers...you guys driving trucks out on Saturday?

They drove out trucks again today. We are planning on it all weekend, the weather is supposed to stay cold. . .

we usually make our reservations wayin advance at the patch. its usually full.

Way to go Eckie! Did you have to let the whole world know YOU are my son-in-law!! Now I have to change my identity again!! Try to do the daughter a favor and get you out of the house for the weekend and you do this to me! Wheres my Tums and pepto? I think Im gonna be sick!! Ha Ha gotcha!! See you sat mornin.