• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

setting 522c help?

First time out on p2 today and was having setting the 522c right. Can someone shine in on how to set the 522c for some good readings?

Either the screen was all lines or I couldn't see anything below me. Tried ping speed and chart speed but dun know what I"m doing.

How does the transducer direction look? Does it act up when your just sitting or only when your moving?

Wow, Jiggineye, that must have been frustrating.

I have the 522c, which I use mainly for ice fishing, and the Lowrance LCX-19c, which is similar in many respects to the 522c. The only time I have had anything remotely so disturbed it ended up being a defunct transducer. I am sure you have done as already mentioned, looked to make sure transducer is positioned reasonably well. Make sure you also try it away from other rigs. I ice fished with it in close proximity to other sonars without a lot of trouble, however. However, at the worst, I could always at least see bottom. You should not have to be messing with ping speed and all that. I would "reset" anything you have done and just turn it on. If you don't get a decent reading then, I would go to the Lowrance web site and email or call technical assistance.

I have two 522c units (bow mount with trolling motor xducer and counsel with transom mount). I had similar problems as you...vertical bars instead of anything meaningful. Since I have two, I tried swapping them. The second one did the same thing. I replaced the transducer and the problem was fixed.

I have a pair of 520c's. second trip out the transducer went bad. this was opening day. got home changed transducers. fixed problem. called Lowrance, excellent service. new transducer overnighted to me.

The problem was the same your talking about.