• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I see some people talking about these gaps. I am not familiar with fishing LOW this late in the year. So could anyone give up some information on these gaps like location, depth, and where to go out of to reach these destination.

Much appreciated

The gaps are both ends of Pine Island, The Lighthouse Gap on the one side and Morris Gap on the other. Pine Island is what you go over or around from Wheelers Point resorts from the mouth of the River, the gaps have moving current flows and this time of year have fish moving back towards the river staging for spawn. So many people tend to fish them early and late in the ice season. They like ANYTHING can be hit or miss and we have fished in anywhere from 15 to 30+ feet of water depending if we are on the edge or in the middle of the gap.

And they can be an excellent place to go swimming if you are not careful and know where you should and shouldn't be.

I hope so too, but not to many years ago a bomber went through the ice in Morris Gap after getting lost in the fog, if my memory is correct.

OnlyIce: I remember it too, but its still nice to get that Senior Discount at the resturants. grin

Just trying to put a word of caution out there to anyone that may not understand the current out there and how it can get ya if you are not careful. And the bomber that i was talking about was only about 4 or 5 years ago. Nobody was hurt in that incident but the fact remains that the ice was not good enough to be there.

No your right, its scary out there if you dont know where your goung!! And for you charterboss, Ill see you Wed. night. Staying next door again!! The PIG!!