• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What Worked For Me Last Weekend (Video)

I took some video last weekend and figured I would share what was working for myself. Have fun if you are heading up, God only knows I wish I was going again this weekend grin

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Fishing in approx. 27-30’ of water!

Went out of Ballards last weekend. 9 miles straight out their road to the main lake (about 13 miles form the front door of our cabin). Approximately 30' of water. Seen some suspended fish, but the only takers where right off the bottom. For the sauger, a Lindy Rattling Flying Spoon, red/black, tipped with a minnow head was best. The eye's where off the bottom as well. They seemed to like a horizontal dead stick presentation and a large lively fat head. I was out two days and the fishing never really picked up until about noon. The small ones hit like crazy in the AM, but the keeper fish turned on about noon. The bombardier picked us up at 4:30 and it seemed both days the fish started to come in strong right about then.

The first day, right away the 8”-10” sauger where waiting. First fish was with-in 5 minutes of dropping the line. We just nailed these little guys till about noon when bigger ones started to come in.

Originally Posted By: Info from my report up top (Day 2)
We changed houses and this one was not as “hot” as the house we had the day before, but the keeper fish where bigger. After an hour or so, the little guys started to come threw again, but biting very light and dropping down to a St. Croix spring bobber rod, Ratzo and small minnows was the presentation that got fish up the hole.

Have a ton of fun smile , catch some fish and come back here and give us a report. I know I will need them reports by next Sunday grin

Schack: Good video, certainly got the juices flowing for next week. Hope it all holds together for us. That Lindy Rattlin Flyer has been good for me this year as well. Look out Winkelman and Lindners, the Schack is back. grin

Thanks bturk smile. I wish I could have put up some other footage I have of some of the other walleyes and larger sauger we got, but let's just say they had blooper written all over them winkgrin

Good luck next week!