• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

any ramps open on pool 2?

This morning Lilydale was barely usable. There was about an 18" ice drop off and I had to back the wheels up to the edge and just push the boat down into the water. Getting it back on in the afternoon was even tricker. Ice chunks had pushed into the launch making it very difficult. Hopefully after some nice days it will be completely ice free.

We went down to Lilydale and it looked too rough, went to 494 instead. Have an 18 Pro-V and didn't want to tear up the trailer. Build up of ice and the drop - off the edge of ice was pretty rough. 494 ramp and Hidden Falls were good. Lots of boats, we had one bite and missed it, in 6 hours of fishing. Fished from below 494 and worked our way up to the lock and dam. Only saw one fish caught. Couldn't get close to the lock-it was iced up solid.

Fished for 5 hours today with 3 of us in the boat. Not a fish to show for it. Saw 2 small fish caught all day.

Anybody have good luck today?

We had 3 in our boat, got into white bass and some carp, watched a couple guys pull some walleye's in right by the airport. That wind was less than fun...

Hey guys. At the risk of looking like a complete idiot here, where are these launches-Lilydale and the one off 494? I'm in the West metro and stick to lakes, but with the weather this weekend, I'm done with the hardwater. Always wanted to try the rivers anyway.... Thanks.

Sorry I did not get this until now, but pretty much any info needed about getting out on Pool 2 from shore or in the boat can be found at the top of this forum page. Good you found it smile

Good luck fishing!

Boat Access:

Hidden Falls Park (North) A city owned site accessed from East River Road south of Ford Parkway.

Watergate Marina: This is a city owned facility operated by a contracted vendor. There is a fee to launch at this site.

Fort Snelling State Park: This facility is actually on the Minnesota River just upstream of the confluence with the Mississippi. Entrance to the park is off Post Road off Highway 5.

Lilydale Regional Park: This access is on the south shore of the river between I-35E and Harriet Island Park. Turn off Olson Memorial Highway onto Lilydale Road just east of I-35. You may also reach this site by traveling west of Harriet Island Park on Water Street.

Harriet Island Park: This facility is currently being re-developed. No access is available at this time.

South St. Paul access: This ramp is located just south of the I-694 bridge on the west shore of the river. Exit I-694 at Concord Street and follow the signs to Hardman Ave. Turn east off Hardman onto the first road north of I-694 (Villaume Ave). Follow Villaume Ave. under the I-694 bridge to the access.

Twin City Marina; River Heights Marina: These are private facilities adjacent to each other in Inver Grove Heights. Both have ramps and charge a fee for launching. These facilities can be reached by turning north off 66th Street east of Concord Blvd.

Lions Park (St. Paul Park): Exit off Highway 61 at the St. Paul Park exit. Turn right on Park Road, then right again on Broadway. Follow Broadway to 3rd Street and turn left. Travel two blocks to 7th Ave. and go to the end of the road.

Willies Hidden Harbor: A private facility just south of Lions Park. Continue south on 3rd Street to 9th Ave., turn right and go to the end of the road. There is a fee to use this facility.

River Lake Marina: This is a private facility which charges a fee to launch. Turn east off Inver Grove Trail on 102nd Street (marked Private Road). The facility is located at the end of the road.

Spring Lake Access: This is DNR facility which is not suitable for larger boats. Turn north off County Road 42 on Hillary Path (a road not maintained for public use). Follow Hillary Path to the access.

Thanks, shackbash.-Hope to check it out this weekend. Hopefully, it's not too busy out there. Although I'm sure a lot of guys have the itch to hit some open water after this last stretch of weather.