• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
deadstick

Sleeper house at angle

deadstick

I realize there's no night bite to speak of - anyone know who rents them? I've seen big houses with the name "Sunset Lodge" (I think) on them, but can't find a web site - they looked like sleepers.

I do another trip with a lodge up there, but looking for another trip that's a bit cheaper, figured a sleeper would do that.

Walleyehooker

I believe Sunset lodge is out of bussiness and not sure if anyone else does sleepers up there.

deadstick

anyone else know of anyone?

Gissert

Contact RC Carlson - I got word that he may have those houses now. He runs houses for a few resorts up there, and his company is called RC Carlson Ice Fishing Company.

You can also get a hold of Frank at the Baystore on Oak Island, and he may be able to get you in touch as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Spearing Machine
      7-10 days the lake will be ice free. Which will be almost right on average ice out (April 30). Pike bay is open up to Duffy island working up the bay. Paddled from the Pike river up the bay to the ice line tonight. 
    • delcecchi
      Fake chirp as marketing gimmick.    They need something to convince folks to buy their unit and dump their unit from two years ago.    I am reserving judgement on the new higher frequency units.  "mega" and equiv.   Side scan actually seems like it could be useful.  Lots of stuff is changing these days in electronics.       I think what would be cool is an underwater drone with several transducers that communicates back to the boat wirelessly with sonar and video.....    Fresh water doesn't block radio waves too much so probably could use radio communication at least for a limited distance.       Some sort of modulated acoustic waves would work too.       Can't you just see, sitting in the boat, driving the mini-sub around looking  for fish, with sonar to help?   I bet the open water musky guys would pay big bucks for one....😂
    • Kettle
      https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/Big-fish-likely-NDs-largest-walleye-ever-caught-508887291.html   16lbs 9 ounces, 32.5 inches, absolute hawg of an eye
    • Cooperman
      Unbelievable! For a fish?
    • eyeguy 54
      no prob that you want to die fishing. but no sense in hurrying it up. lol 
    • smurfy
      Wowzer, again.🙄
    • walros
      Heading up to Wheelers Thursday for sturgeon.
    • side_laker
      Heading up to the river in the morning trying to decide if I should fish up the river or out if wheelers. 
    • Jim Almquist
      Sure wish we would get a strong enough east wind to pile the ice on shore. Lot of ice out there and it will take a long time if it has to all melt. 
    • BIGFISH.JZ
      Friends and family would worry about me if I was too afraid of getting a little wet to go fishing. Every time each one of us drives to the lake or on a lake, we are in danger of a teen girl or drunk killing us. Or a brake failure or shift and throttle or steering cable causing our rig to lose control. I bust through each spring coming off the ice. Which is why I know that it's not fatal. In Nov. I ask the bait shop owner if anybody has been out, if he says "No, its not safe" I smile and buy bait. I've been fishing when waves were crashing onto the ice MANY times. When the 1.25" ice cracks between my feet from a cough... I just DONT cough! If I have my choice I'm going to die while fishing!! That's why I fish more than I sleep or work in a year. You 'safe' people are going to die, maybe in a accident maybe from cancer, 'safe' doesn't matter!! This is who I am!! I spend more money and more time fishing than ANYTHING else!! Don't worry about me, folks!! I have survived tons of close calls.... The time we were on superior ice fishing 6 miles from shore... After dark and nearly got hit by the 1001' American Spirit ship comes to mind. We abandoned most of our gear to run once we realized what was happening. One last time... I WANT TO DIE FISHING!!  Hope that helps you guys understand. Good luck living forever.