• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That was a test for sure.  There will be better outings so sounds like she's a trooper.

• Thumbs Up 1

Horseshoe had just about 12-13 inches of ice in areas with snow, but you would checked a area with no snow on the ice 15ft away I was measuring 14-15. I'm guessing we'll be seeing alot of trucks this weekend. Any one know the thickness on rice?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Popped down to a spot by Richmond again ended up a lot of fun.  Had to sort but after 4 hours of fine relaxation had 2 dandy meals for the wifey and I starting in a couple hours for the first one. :)  10 1/2  to 11 1/2 inchers came home. threw lots of product at them.  Best action was the Trigger X wax tail in chartreuse and glow 1 inch on a black or white or pink tiny jig.  I dont know the names of all these things in the box... LOL  The 2 biggest of the day came on a tiny pink jig with 1 red euro larve.  Nothing hit a waxie. Also a few hit the 1 inch black maki minnow and black wishbone, nothing with the white. Just fished one hole 90 % of the time. 24 FOW and they were 5 to 8 feet from the bottom.  

120a.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

You should be fine I've drove my 1/2 ton from the public all the way to fischers resort a couple times already.  There has been a pretty good amount of truck traffic out there the last few days.

without confusion this was from the access in shaumans bay not the South access by the river

• Thumbs Up 2

clown to the left of me, joker to the right... stuck in the middle in my clam...  heehee :)  :)   yes indeed , I am liking the wishbone.  

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, eyeguy 54 said:

clown to the left of me, joker to the right... stuck in the middle in my clam...  heehee :)  :)   yes indeed , I am liking the wishbone.  

Am I the clown or the joker??? Lol

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess which ever one you are I'm the other lol!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

36 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Am I the clown or the joker??? Lol

well,  you were to my left...   lol  

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, IceHawk said:

You should be fine I've drove my 1/2 ton from the public all the way to fischers resort a couple times already.  There has been a pretty good amount of truck traffic out there the last few days.

without confusion this was from the access in shaumans bay not the South access by the river

Thanks for the Ice report IceHawk!

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking for some cats on horseshoe tomorrow. Is anyone driving  trucks out to the point by the method hole?

Thanks for all the info on this site. You guys sure make it look easy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome to the FM DogBowl !   Somebody should chime in on the ice conditions soon. Post up some pics. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DogBowl said:

Looking for some cats on horseshoe tomorrow. Is anyone driving  trucks out to the point by the method hole?

Thanks for all the info on this site. You guys sure make it look easy. 

Wondering same thing....heading out there in the morning to find out. Hear there is 14-15in. Good luck and stay safe....

• Thumbs Up 1

There were two full size trucks today where you fish Rick

2 hours ago, Rick G said:

Wondering same thing....heading out there in the morning to find out. Hear there is 14-15in. Good luck and stay safe....

Have fun !

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Rick G said:

Great to hear there is that much ice. Thanks for the help. I'll report back with what I come up with. Good luck. 

Made it out to the Chain this afternoon. Drilled about 7 areas on 3 different lakes. Tough bite to say the least.... found fish from 6ft to 40ft. Picked off a few active fish here and there, but never any big numbers out of one spot. Can't complain though, iced some very nice gills and respectable crappies. 

20160123_130900.jpg

20160123_132926.jpg

20160123_135023.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice job Rick wish I could say I did good also today but it was a tough outing! Started at first light on Minnewasaka hit one of my crappie spots, popped some holes and caught 2 decent 12 inch pies. Thought game on wrong. :angry:  I then jumped a bunch of holes looking for more nothing. Tried numerous spots till 10 and struck out except for 1 decent gill a few small ones and a couple Bass. Off to lake 2 Reno cut a pile of holes on a couple breaklines  and connected on 2 more craps 1 12 and a 13 both nice. Continued on my search and all went quiet again. Now noon  I decided as long as I was close to Maple might as well try. Hit some of my waypoints and  found a few schools of gills but just couldn't connect with the quality I was after. Getting frustrated at 1.30 pm I headed to Osakis went straight to Mantheys bay N end hit some waypoints and connected on about 8 more crappies 10 1/2 -12 inches and 4 decent  gills. The fish were really!!!!!! scattered and terribly finiky!I had to finesse the heck out of them and bites were so light I could barely detect them on my noodle rod/  3-4 mm fiskas and chartruese and  white whisbone combos scored the few craps I got, The gills came on a small clown gill pill and a spike.  Fished till dark and headed home . 3 tanks of gas through the Strikermaster a lot of miles traveled and not a lot to show for it.  Sometimes a good beating teaches you a few things :) and every day on the water is a blessing, as even though fishing and weather were tough, I am still a lucky man to be able to enjoy the sport I love! Next time fish lookout I'm comeing for revenge :grin: :grin:

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice job guys! 3 tanks?? !!   you da man!  I am at the 3 tanks last 6 years phaze... lol  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Different Lake but same results.  Hit the lake today with Sir-Idlebobbers and his girlfriend.  I enjoyed fishing with him and later on his girlfriend.  A really nice couple.  To bad the bite was tough and the wind so raw.  Fish were really scattered and finicky today.  Drilled a pile of holes and jumped around all afternoon and into the evening.  It was really hard staying on fish as they were there and then they weren't.  Plastics in black and chartreuse got bit today.  Ended up with enough sunfish and crappies for a meal or two.  The bite picked up during a short window before dark.  The wind was tough to fish without being in the house with such a light bite.  Ice conditions improved in the areas we fish and there was 11-13" of ice when I checked.  Lots of vehicle traffic on the lake today.

• Thumbs Up 4

Royce that was 3 augers cutting I was with 3 other guys today that fish as hard as I do. I've done 3 in a day numerous times over the years, but even this dog is getting older and the tanks have become less ;) Time for me to bring along some younger blood, Any takers?:lol: Probably the craziest site and probably the dumbest move was with the stupid temps and high winds we had 4 clams stacked in the truck that never came out all day. Run and gunned all day. Kind of our style for this group.  There was one Big Santa in Red and Black and Three little blue smurfs following all  kneeling with backs in the wind all day :)

• Thumbs Up 2

ya, I was thinking bout you guys out there having fun in the wind today. swiss cheese masters! ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1