• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

congrats on a dandy !

• Thumbs Up 1

Hit the river today. Both above the SCSU dam and above the Sartell dam. I haven't fished above the SCSU dam much, so that was mostly exploratory. But, ended up finding some fish, mostly on the west bank near the hospital and just south near the park. Caught a couple bass and lost what I think was a musky at the boat. 

Then went above the Sartell dam. Fished it for a little while. Stuck to rock piles, find more bass and a walleye. All fish where caught on a jig and a chartreuse shad 3" gulp. 

Going to the Chain tomorrow. Haven't fished it yet this year, so we'll see how it goes. 

Trying to figure out where to go Thursday. Anyone have any ideas? I don't care what I catch, I rarely ever keep anything. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Why thanks Rick. Going to go fish gull lake this weekend I will let you guys know how it went.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the river this weekend and picked up a few walleye and later in the morning the smallies were on smash mode, couldn't keep them off my line. Also I hooked into about a 20 pound carp, thing took me 10 minutes to get in. Wish I would have got a picture for Jeremy, but I didn't pull my phone out at all for any of the fish. Now I wish I would have.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice fish Rick. When we going to hit the water to gather. My weekends are free.:P  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got out on a local lake this weekend, we trolled the weed edges and picked up a few walleye and crappie. Early in the day we fished shallow about 8 -12 fow then when the sun got higher we moved to 12-16 FOW to pick up some fish. All in all it was a nice day on the lake.

20150624_202914.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Made it out on the river for a bit today. Weather conditions were less than ideal. The wind was the biggest pain this fine day.  Between the gail force wind, and the front coming through, it made fishing that much harder. Still, we managed to catch enough fish to make my arm tired. We started out tossing lipless cranks to the shorelines looking for signs of life.  Only got a few doing this, but did manage to find a area that ended up holding quite a number of fish.  The walleyes wern't very active, but we got a few anyway:) The smallies were a bit more willing..... so were the suckers and rockbass. Got my biggest smallie of the summer sofar, just shy of 19in. Jigs and trigger x minnows worked slowly along the bottom worked better than anything else we threw. 

20150802_163429(0).jpg

Edited by Rick G
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hit a local lake the past two weekends with some success with walleyes.  Several eaters, small walleyes and a couple big ones as well.  Got most fish up shallow trolling cranks after dark in 4-6 fow.   Here's a couple of the biggest ones.  The first is my dad with a dandy.20150726_224541.thumb.jpg.6a551d8b0dcf1d

Last night my neighbor stuck another nice one.20150801_215038.thumb.jpg.7e36f3524ba338

Both are still swimming and I'm will be much fatter cone fall.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Boy the bite is tough this time of year. Went out on Saturday morning and we picked up a few eye's and a northern but it was a tough bite. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. All in all it was not to bad on the lake. There there is such a thing as  bad time on the lake. 

• Thumbs Up 2

wading has still been fun in the creek :)  

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup...pretty much anywhere  those pockets are...Been wading the miss too..Alot of places I been the last week have those tight areas close to bigger rocks that been producing well.Carp have been a little less eager and in deeper holes as well but they still make it to shore in my net.lol As for other species panfish are spread out and size hasn't been there but once in a while quantity comes at those darn lucky moments.lol..Pretty much sums river fishing for the last week or so for me.

JEREMY CAMPBELL

• Thumbs Up 4

It was a windy one on the lake.Paul and I trolled around with beetle spins on a lake we haven't fished a lot in.Keeping a consistent speed wasn't happening with this wind today.We ended up catching some crappies,perch and a bass.Nothing with any size value except for the sunfish at 8.5".Not much for water visibility either.We were gonna try another lake but the weather kinda put a stop on that.

Hope some of you get a chance to go fishing this weekend.Have a great weekend .

2015-08-22 14.33.05.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

This afternoon I ended up doing just fine bobbering a jig and crawler or just a hook with a split shot. Seemed the only way to fish in all this wind is to keep the rod low on an angle so the line would stay somewhat tight.Just the average sized bass for this section of river is all I found today..

2015-08-23 16.44.25.jpg

2015-08-23 16.47.14.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

you missed a dandy pig roast dude! ;)  

• Thumbs Up 1

After work I headed  out on a lake today close too an appointment I had to do..Not a whole lot of action  but still caught some fish in the two to three hour time slot I had.

2015-08-25 17.58.03.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Been out working on the East coast for the last month or so, that's why I have been so quiet. Have a few days off, then back to work for a while again. 

Andrea and I have made it out a couple times now, river mostly. Been finding good numbers of smallies and lots of little walleyes pretty much everywhere we have been. Today was no exception, fish bit well. Minnow baits have been hot, finding where the fish are holding has been key. Most of the fish we are finding have been relating to deep ambush points were they can wait for food to come by. Rock shorelines with spines that come out to deeper water or fallen trees have been best. 

20150911_183646.png

• Thumbs Up 4

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It should really start picking up soon.  I love the fall bite.  Nice fish Nick and Rick!