• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Bite has slowed dramatically, it's time to venture off the early community spots and find some hidden gems. Will be back at it throughout the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished breaklines from 3-8 on the chain yesterday and managed a ton of walleyes, couple cats and a crappie. Most walleyes were yearlings kept a couple 15-16s for the pan. Good to see the numbers high for the population on the small walleyes, should mean that the chain should remain a healthy walleye fishery for years to come. BOL fishing everyone!

just a ? dont want to know where you where fishing but what depth were you in for the walleyes i have been in 24-25 and get one 2 every night but i know 4 5 feet shollower could make a huge difference?

Mav, Sunday evening I was in 21fow when I was catchin those. Every outing may be a litte different. It helps to try top, mid and base of breaks til you find em. BOL

Yeah, those little walleyes are thick in the Chain this year. It's great to see.....can't wait for two years or so until they get bigger. Should be fun!

Made it out on the north end of Big Birch this evening, 15in of ice and full size trucks pulling wheelhouses everywhere.

anyone having any luck anywhere, thinking of going out on saturday afternoon and fishing the late afternoon night bite

Was out Friday, wind was howling slow fishing. 13.5" on Cedar Island Alot of vehicles on the lake, mostly half tons or smaller.

Out on Sunday, again fishing was slow 15" solid on Big Fish

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I haven't had anything to report on as of late because I haven't had time to make it out.

I made it out today.... out to eat, and caught the trophy of my life which just so happened to be on my birthday.

She was finicky and took the bait slow but eventually I reeled in the woman of my dreams, my future wife.

I am now happily engaged!!! grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats Buckmaster.

SOunds like a real trophy. smile

Thanks fellas! I truly am blessed to have such an amazing fiance, friends, family and fellow HSOers.

BTW she loves the outdoors, this was the first thing that attracted me to her. She likes to fish, has sat with me in the bow stand multiple times, deer hunts and even provided me with my Clam Nanook for xmas blush Spoiled sick I know..

I'm excited for the years to come with her, only thing that worries me is the beating my wallet may take by setting her up for all the outdoor fun I hope we share together.

PS thx for the birthday wish RFM!

• 2 weeks later...

Headed out shortly hoping for one last whack at a few walters and maybe a few 'pies for the pan. Haven't made it out in a of couple weeks, hoping BassBoy will join me. WAKE UP BASSBOY! grin

• 4 weeks later...

Spent a little over an hour down at the river part of the chain tonight after work. Was hoping to find some suckers running but did not find any takers. In true river worm lotto fashion did manage to hook into a bass, a small pike, and this tubby. Thought I felt a roll at first and was thinking it might be a monster cat....no such luck.... but certainly fun regardless. This brut actually locked up my drag somehow when adjusting it while bringing it in.

.. full-27018-18940-2012_03_23_18_52_31_793

Ended up switching over to cut bait to try to land the first bigger cat of the season, again in river fashion .......just ended up catching another type of bottom feeder wink

full-27018-18941-2012_03_23_18_26_39_567

Yep.....unlike earlier in the week you could just see/feel the activity.....bass and carp were jumping and hitting the bugs, I was hitting the mosquitos, green slime coming up with the jig......it felt like spring. Have not fished this area very much and playing with a bobber to find current and collection points and stumbled on a 10 ft ish hole....might even be crappie time!

Seeing how the sun came out and the day warmed up Jr. and hit the river again tonight for a few hours. We went back to the same area that produced well last week, and it was more of the same. Thought that hole that I found might be holding some holding some crappies, but just more walleyes.

full-27018-19131-2012_03_24_15_48_04_234

After soon realizing there were not any there, we switched gears and went after the carp again. Have not tried to catch one in something like 30 years, but reliving childhood memories this spring and having a blast. Just put a few crawlers on a larger jig and let the presentation sit in the seam between that hole and the main river flow. He had first crack at this one, let him set the hook, but soon realized he was a little outmatched smile Doing a little exploring, throwing a lot of rocks, finding buried "treasure" (garbage that others left behind) and catching some fish..... good times indeed!!

full-27018-19133-2012_03_24_15_38_13_696

Great story and pic's as always. Thanks for sharing the info grin. That used to be one of my favorit areas when I was younger. Ever try the park just down river on the other side? Have gotten quite a few crappies in that creek. Can you still access the other side of that bridge yet? Small hole where the crapps stack up on the down current side of that piling.

As far as the park .... try not to let him see any type of playground equipment, if he does the gig is up. smile Yes you can still get across...good thing jr. cant read very well yet because we crossed despite the signs saying not to wink And, I talked to a guy down there who said pretty much the same thing about the piling. He said the bite was over there, did not quite know what to believe from him though, since he was casting about a 7 inch muskie lure grin

In an effort to earn a new nickname, I'd like to prove that I DO catch things besides eel pout.

OF course, I wasn't fishing for this girl, either. But I don't mind. I'm kind of amazed I got her in on my crappie stuff.

full-18483-19249-bigsunfish.jpg

Poutmaster is a good nickname grin. Anyone wishing to target pout on the upper Miss, carmike is your guide wink JK nice early bass wink

Those are always fun on light gear. Nice fish!!! Might also change my handle as well. I don't see Carpmanjake post very much anymore, maybe i could take parts of that over. In response to the sucker thread.......have not seen much out there this year. Just a lot of big carp.

full-27018-19254-2012_04_02_19_13_22_994

full-27018-19255-2012_04_02_19_14_34_479

full-27018-19256-2012_04_02_19_13_37_64.

Well, poutmaster IS a bit misleading. I don't catch them anymore on Mille Lacs, and all the ones I catch here are early in the season....and none are more than 14''. I love eating them, but these aren't even worth cleaning.

I'd go for "bassmaster," but that seems a bit....unoriginal. smile

Well, Brad, you've seen the northern strain of barbel-less catfish that I've been catching. I'd say "catmaster" is quite the stretch.

Now, would I watch a TV show about a bunch of guys flipping jig-n-pigs and throwing cranks and topwaters for catfish, all the while wearing horrendously ugly shirts? You betcha!