• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Made it out to the local bluegill pond again today. Tge bite was super tough. Managed to get a few, but really had to work for them. (quote=Rick G)

The weather sure made it easier to deal with the ugly bite, can't imagine sitting on them any longer then we did.

Still fun times Ricky grin

Those "pond" fish may be showing signs of pressure....... Patty and I are headed to the Alexandria area today.

Check your phone Rick, if you and Andrea are interested in meeting up for a showdown.... FISH ON!!!

Made it out few a few hrs this afternoon/evening with traderlee. We were after crappies, found then on a sharp break close to the deep basin. Had our best luck in 22-25 ft. Plastics iced most of the mid day fish, while a spoon tipped with some meat worked best after sundown. full-26589-52356-20150124_142648.jpg

full-26589-52357-20150124_145847.jpg

full-26589-52358-2015_01_2421.36.02_1.jp

full-26589-52359-20150124_180815.jpg

Nothing overly big today, lots of 9-10in fish, a few 11s and 1 or 2 a little bigger than 11in.

Got out and did a little Ice time yesterday. Did well in the morning with one 24 inch walleye and a few crappie. then about 5 pm I hooked into a nice 36-37 inch Pike. Played him out and was super surprised on how he was hooked.Took like 5 minutes to bring him up the hole. then when it got darker I hit a nice 20 inch wally. All in all it was one beautiful day on the Ice and to spend outdoors full-46894-52360-img_0436.jpg

full-46894-52361-img_0443.jpg

full-46894-52362-img_0440.jpg

full-46894-52363-img_0446.jpg

full-46894-52364-attach0_22.jpg

full-46894-52365-img_20150124_185709.jpg

My rod that I Iced that Pike with Is a 30 inches long and had 6 lb line on it and the thing hit on a fathead minnow. full-46894-52366-img_0443.jpg

Nice fish, Nick and Rick!

Focused on big gills, Patty and I made it out for a little while and found some dandies right around that magical 10 inch mark, some just under, others just over gringrin

full-44147-52367-dscn0104(629x800).jpg

full-44147-52368-dscn0105(800x693).jpg

full-44147-52369-dscn0110(790x800).jpg

full-44147-52370-dscn0113(800x600).jpg

Great day out there! Hand-tied flies and plastics put the hurt on all fish yesterday. It was great to finally get her confidence up with using plastics, along with watching fish behavior on her Vexilar. She was pumped when she figured out how to convert sniffers into biters. Once dialed in, it wasn't long for her to take the "Biggest Gill Award" from me for the day. That was worth the trip smile

Some nice Walleyes and pike, Big Nick!!!!!!

Tommy, looks like you and Patty scored in the Alex area...Good job Patty smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Those are some awesome gills Tom and Patty.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Wow them are some great gills Congrats

Nice job on the gills Patty and Tom. Rick.G you keep doing your thing and we will have to get out sometime together.Till then Bobberdown....

Made it out to a lake today.Hung out in 26' for awhile but the size of crappies were pretty small.

Finally towards dark I moved deeper in 32' or so and 8 keeper crappies came out of that.

Staying close or in the basin seemed to be where most were suspended.

Dropped my wallet in a hole today for the first time.I'm glad it floated for a little bit long enough to save it from sinking. smile

Dropped my wallet in a hole today for the first time.I'm glad it floated for a little bit long enough to save it from sinking. smile

Better than metaphorically flushing it down the toilet. I do that all the time. smile

Had a great Walleye bite on shoe last night. Caught 8-10 eyes but the largest was only 11". That was disappointing but the bite was encouraging. Sure not like earlier in the season when I was catching eyes by the bucket full.

Noticed that the vegetation started growing on the bottom of shoe where there was nothing a few weeks ago.

Don

Was out on Goodners near Cold Spring last night and caught some nice crappies! Solid bite and not hard to find if you are willing to punch a few holes.

Hey guys, I'm new to ice fishing the area and am lookin for a little guidance. I have been trying grand and haven't had much luck, and tonight I'm on pleasant and haven't even had a bite. Fishing for crappies/walleye or whatever will bite! Thanks for the help.

-keep your stick on the ice

Very nice gills Tom! and welcome jtlewer!

I finally found the illusive St. Cloud walleye... I think I will stick to the crappie action around here.

IMG_7010_zps76e641bb.jpg

ScreenShot2015-01-27at73250AM_zps86e814f

Nice crappie, what lake,lakes have you been finding them on, havent been out for over a week and might be able to get out tomorrow to target some.thanks

Very nice gills Tom! and welcome jtlewer!

I finally found the illusive St. Cloud walleye... I think I will stick to the crappie action around here.

Bryan, let me know if you're headed out again tomorrow. I'd love to get into some of those monster walleyes. wink

I am planning on going tomorrow so give me a PM if you're up for some.

Nice Crappie Bryan!

We went looking for a meal today in about 30FOW.Fish were suspended 8'-10' off the bottom.Paul used a jigging spoon with a minnow head and I used plastics on fireball jigs.Also had a couple Northerns come out and suspended sunnies.Had to pick through the crappies a little before finding some that were good enough for the pail.Haven't seen Paul in awhile, think I was out with Paul probley once during first ice.It was nice to fish with him again.

Main course tonight:Fried Crappie grin

full-45395-52431-2015_01_2921.24.13.jpg