• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Don't know about your mills but mine has a very nice Clearance sale going in the Icefishing sections for lures and whatnot. Saw some of the impulse plastics at 20% off not great but ok. I bought some of the good Hali lures for 75% off though wink

i saw they had the jig plastic combo. I just wanted the plastic. smile got enough jigs. did I just say that??

Scheels also had the bags of Impulse mayfly larvae bodies only

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

cept earlier when I was there. lol I got 7 bags dirt cheap online. smile

I use Tom Sawyer's Custom Designs Ice Series, only available to my Pro Staff so far. Still in R & D stage with patterns and weight specs., but the prototypes are proving to be deadly. As effective as the Summer Series you witnessed first hand Royce. laugh

No need to change plastic bodies, or having to make sure they are sitting perfect on your hook after every fish.

Correct action and look everytime. grin

I use Tom Sawyer's Custom Designs Ice Series, only available to my Pro Staff so far. Still in R & D stage with patterns and weight specs., but the prototypes are proving to be deadly. As effective as the Summer Series you witnessed first hand Royce. laugh

No need to change plastic bodies, or having to make sure they are sitting perfect on your hook after every fish.

Correct action and look everytime. grin

Did you ever get some tied up from those feathers you found this spring???

How does a guy become one of Tom Sawyer's Promotional Staff?

Yepper, it sure was fun watching you catch all the 10 inchers while I only got the 6 and 7's. Next summer hopefully you will let me tie one of those babys on. Buy gas and beer rick and maybe, just maybe you become staff. grin

not to worry rick, the camera is ready 24-7. grin

One plastic that i have used this year and other years past that i find helpful on finicky fish or aggressive either one are the maki plastics made by clam. They have a scent and motion that really draws the fish

Did you ever get some tied up from those feathers you found this spring???

How does a guy become one of Tom Sawyer's Promotional Staff?

Yes Ricky I did tie a few with those feathers we found; the mostly brown barred feathers have been producing well in stone fly and mayfly nymph patterns. Also used them in a few tungsten bead head patterns that are still in R & D; proto's working well, but nothing set for production yet.

Don't understand the bike thing Royce, but you should know pink is a color only good for crappie, trout, smallmouth, and sometimes catfish crazy

I figured you could ride it to the river this summer and be cool. laugh

slow for us today on the chain. managed a few small crappies and Adam got a nice cat. Threw a lot of stuff at those tight lipped buggers. lol

full-27930-52222-114a.jpg

If you are still looking for ice plastics Gander Mountain introduced their own line of Ice plastics this year and they are between $1.50 and $2/pack Picked up a few packs of the nymphs which are very nice looking.

You admit to shopping at Gander Mountain, what a joke of a store. As far as their product line of ice plastics goes, not even close to Impulse by Northland tackle.

Yep, they only look good LOL! laugh

I found Gander to have a pretty decent selection of the panfish style jigs I normally use. Haven't checked out their store brand plastics yet though.

I only admit to going when they have clearance stuff. And actually my kids picked out the plastics, so I let them at $1.50 a pack instead of the $3 for the ones they will never use smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm going to give the trigger x mini plastics a try this weekend. Picked up a couple packages of 1" nymphs last night. May haver to cut them down a little for sunfish.

No more 20+ fish evenings for Stick in Mud. Not too surprising, but the bite is still OK. The bite window has definitely shrunk, though.

Spent the evening teaching the soon-to-be Mrs. Stick in Mud the finer points of using a Vexilar. All ice fishing experience to date has been sight-fishing for 'eyes on Mille Lacs. Needless to say, we missed a few good chances, but we brought seven 'eyes into Chez Stick. Obviously need to teach her how to hold a fish...Pushbutton could've made that dink look like at least a 22 incher.

Biggest today a hair under 20, a couple of small ones. All keepable fish released to be caught and eaten by someone else next week. smile

full-18483-52234-danddog.jpg

i found some crappies last night hopping hole to hole but they were tough to catch. they would chase it up but didn't want to commit. maybe have to try the plastics you guys are talking about. i was using a small spoon with larva. did catch a nice 13" biggest of the year! threw him back to grow some more. couldn't figure out how to upload a picture.

Welcome to fishing minnesota!

Changing size, profile, fall rate, color and action can make a lot of difference at times.

Here's a link to posting pics and adding pics to your avatar.

HSO Photo posting tutorial.

now he can do it twice. smile

I knew I spent too much time posting.

You're fast. wink

Going to give those Northland Mayflys a try this weekend. Got the black ones and pink sparkly ones (doesn't make me less of a man, right?). Haha.

What kind of jig do you like to use with Plastics? Same as you would with a crappie minnow? Or do you use a plain gold or red hook?

I'm a newbie to plastics.