• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Jeremy- lol Thanks! Nice crappies man! You defiantly deserve a good limit if you were out there hole hoping in this cold lol. Nice work. Keep it up!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

You fished today in this cold Jeremy you are the man. I went and bought a rod holder for my fish house and something to put all my plastics in.

I can't believe anyone was outside fishing today. You're nuts. My buddy brought a heater....with an empty propane tank....so I had to sit inside without heat while he ran to town to get a refill. Brrrrrr. Didn't help that I assumed we'd have heat for the entire trip, so I only wore jeans, a vest, and my slippers. smile

The were finiky, took a lot of hole hoping, it was cold but shelters helped

Good time again JC let's get out again, probably not today

It was fun Geno.Yeah not today smile ...

After you left,I checked a different area and the screen was loaded with perch with few crappies showing on my Vex.Had to jig in the middle of them but couldn't see if the crappies were comeing close to my bait with all the perch everywhere.Had to just watch the spring bobber and hope.I was surprised it worked lol

Nice job guys! Jumping around from hole to hole on a day like yesterday must have been fun to say the least grin

Crappie bite was very fickle on shoe tonight. But I did pretty good as the sun was setting. Before dark I was watching them on camera to see what they were doing and they would just come and look and not bite and I tried many presentations and baits.

The Snap shack was very warm though. I had the big buddy on 4000btu and was toasty warm.

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Headed out to Stick in Mud Secret Spot #129 yesterday and caught 21 walleyes in a bit under two hours. No monsters, alas. All fish were released to fight another day.

Hoping for a repeat, I and three buddies headed out today. They were braver (or dumber) and punched holes and moved around in the portables. I hunkered down in the permanent house. Between four of us, fishing from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m., we caught a total of three walleyes. I won the big fish prize with one a hair over 13''. Uff da. But at least I was warm. smile

That's a long day in the cold,Stick.You guys are troopers.

Probeley should have wore your lucky slippers:)

Been out a couple times on couple different lakes around here been getting some nice gills and crappies. The bite has been good have yet to put a wax worm on this year, kinda find it funny actually. Been a great year already in between the ice shows and tourneys. Heres a couple pics from this area. full-29588-52171-10915153_10204267198658

full-29588-52172-10484778_82662390406702

full-29588-52173-1010221_102043059010258

The Snap shack was very warm though.

So, that's whos house that is,lol. I asked around and nobody knew who owned the "snap shack"

yes it is a portable stationary. Comes apart in 12 pieces and no tools are needed for assembly.

Nice batch of crappies, Clayton....but your taste in beer leaves something to be desired. wink

You'd fit right in in the mushroom forum, though!!! smile

Found these crappie very cooperative last night in about 11' of water. They were caught on a glow jig with a Power Bait wax worm used for the body. Had to wait for them to come through but they came hungry. full-44005-52193-image.jpg

Out for a few hours this afternoon. Had to drill quite a few holes and move constantly in order to stay on active fish. full-26589-52199-0111151302.jpg

full-26589-52200-0111151459a.jpg

full-26589-52201-0111151511a.jpg

full-26589-52202-0111151445.jpg

Our hard work paid off though, got enough fish for my once in a blue moon fish dinner smile even got to let a few bull gills go to pass on their genetics grin

Nice work Natureboy and Rick!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Awesome fish!

What are you catching them on Rick? Looks like some kind of plastic creature bait but can't quite make it out. I been smacking them on tungsten weighted tied flies that imitate freshwater shrimp and plastics as well. But haven't had any luck yet on the creature style plastics.

While in St Cloud to get books for this semester, I had this great idea to hit up some of my favorite stores. Well I got a few things, but I helped 2 different guys out. One of them wanted a reel but not the rod it came with, but I wanted the rod but not the reel. We decided that we could split the cost and both be happy. Heck of a deal working together. Next at another store I was looking for some more jigs for my collection and a guy asks if I fish for gills. I said yes sir. He wanted to know what I use for rod and reel, so I showed him the St Criox Silver with the spring bobber. He did not want to spend that much so I showed him another way to get about the same kind of set up and he bought 2. I also got my books that I needed to get from the college. It was a great day. Take time to help someone and do not be in such a hurry.

I can't for the life of me figure the bite out this year. We're either catching lots of fish or none at all...and weather doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with it. Some days, high pressure seems to shut them down, but the next day it doesn't matter at all. Can't figure them out.

Headed out with 621vs on Saturday night and put another whoopin' on them. In two hours we got ten 'eyes with six of them going over 15''. Monday night....zero fish. A few of my buddies were out, fishing a little ways away, and they caught eight, though. Dumb fish. Or fisherman. smile

Awesome fish!

What are you catching them on Rick? Looks like some kind of plastic creature bait but can't quite make it out. I been smacking them on tungsten weighted tied flies that imitate freshwater shrimp and plastics as well. But haven't had any luck yet on the creature style plastics.

The Impulse mayfly smile took me a while to gain confidence in creature style baits during hard water. I have been a fan of plastic for quite a few years now, but always used smaller, simple baits. Thought the ones with all the legs and the larger body were either for dumb fish or dumb fisherman grin Boy, I was sure wrong, turns out they work rather well blush

hard to find them in town. I ordered a bunch a while ago on amazon and hope to use on crappies wednesday. caught some dandy gills a couple weeks ago with them.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I wondered of that was it. I had good luck last March with the brownish color impulse mayfly when I had a good fresh water shrimp bite and the mayfly worked well. I think I have a package of black to try. I still haven't bought any live bait this winter and the fish haven't seemed to mind.

i saw they had the jig plastic combo. I just wanted the plastic. smile got enough jigs. did I just say that??