• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

That's probably the problem with fishing without a flasher. Is that the fish might be suspended and one wouldn't know. Oh well, a day in the ice is better than a day of work or staying home. Will update if I decide to venture out.

Even though it was slow for you guys today, You still got some crappies. smile

I hope to catch dinner tommorrow myself.

Just ate the last of my stock tonight. frown

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Rick I struggled out there also the other day. Found a few craps but the gills were non existent. Went through a tank of gas searching but never did land on them. mad

Slow for me today.Caught 5 keeper crappies and a couple of sunnies.Another lonely bass too.Wish I would have drilled a little more, but I got lazy today.

full-45395-52050-2014_12_2919.05.12.jpg

full-45395-52051-2014_12_2919.00.00.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Should had you meet me Jeremy I was in St Joe fishing a little lake and caught 5 crappies as well. They were coming in as we left but we did not want to run out of propane.

I've been hitting up Briggs for crappie but nothing much for size so going to try either Pearl or Rice tomorrow. Both would be new to me. Debating on morning vs afternoon and thoughts on which I should head out on. Will heading out in the dark AM make one more difficult and same for the fact I'll be walking out?

Decided that the real issue this morning was that it was about -20 windchill so no shelter made me think that going this afternoon would be wisest regardless! Still haven't decided on Pearl or Rice yet.

It was a windy cold day today on the ice. Crappies were tight lipped but I managed to pull a few slabs from the pack.

ScreenShot2015-01-03at75133PM_zpsf554bd2

Way to go!! I noticed a okay bite before the wind switched from the north once that happened the bite stopped. Did you notice this too.

Nice fish Bryan.It Must be nice in those hubs on days like this.

nice if wind blocked and hub tied to vehicle or ice stakes, smile

Fished the 'Shoe this afternoon. Initially set up in 21 fow because that is the only hole that I drilled that showed any fish. To my surprise/approval, I kept myself extremely busy with kitties. I had to throw 4 different lures at them before they would bite. Puppet minnow, gray in color, was the hot item. Iced 13 kitties in about 35 minutes. The kitties soon left and I moved out to deeper water.

Finally settled into 32 fow and worked on some crappies. Extremely tight lipped. 1/16 oz frostee jig spoon tipped with a minnow head seemed to open their mouths up. About 5 o'clock those light bites turned into full fledged hammering when they finally gave into the jigging. After it got pitch black outside I switched to a orange colored, green glowing buck shot spoon and had to jig vigorously. Ended up bringing home my limit for me and my family to enjoy.

Did drive my crew cab truck out. Was kinda nervous at first but all was good when I seen all the other trucks out. Game Warden even paid me and my "neighbors" a visit!

I had good crappie action going then wind picked up/ switched then bite shut dow. I was out in Avon area

Jeremy- It was nice in my hub, but it was a test to the wind...lol Like eyeguy said, I had it staked down and blocked best I could. Ended up working out good and I got into the crappies until the wind picked up, then it shut off.

Got out to the Chain for some crappie action this afternoon. Figured with the cold front we had roll in, it would be best just to find a good school of fish and try to stay on top of them. They were pretty fussy, but once we found the right combo of jig and plastic, those tight lipped fishbegan to bite. full-26589-52137-0104151517d.jpg

full-26589-52138-0104151521.jpg

full-26589-52139-0104151503c.jpg

My Girlfriend Andrea scored big fish of the day at just over 13in. full-26589-52140-0104151609a.jpg

smile rick, you are starting to remind me of jeremy... wink

Nice crappie Andrea, and way to tough it out you two. -7 below and -30 wind chill.

It's so fun to have someone like that to enjoy the outdoors with isn't it Rick? Tend to feel sorry for those that don't have partners that enjoy fishing, or the outdoors, at least half as much as we do. Patty's off next weekend and it looks like the ice should be plenty thick for driving; would be fun to meet up with you guys sometime.

Give us a text with the where and when and I'll whip something together for the grill and make a day of it buddy. I'm always glad catching fish, is only half the adventure when your with those that are so special grin

Think there open that early.

Its a BP staion off 75

On your way to Avon

The address I found online is:

St Joseph Gas And Bait

27 W Birch St, Saint Joseph, MN 56374

Nice video. How deep was that tipup sitting?

Thanks! I was fishing in about 7ft. Sucker minnow about half way down.

Nice video Bryan.Think my kids and I seen it five times since new yrs lol

Today,fishing was interesting.Size of fish were just plain small.Stayed till after dark and was lucky to fill my limit before I went home.Drilling and hole hopping in this cold was not fun..lol smile

full-45395-52165-2015_01_0619.21.25.jpg