• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Had a free hour to kill this evening, instead of being lazy I hit the riv. I would like to say it was action packed, but that would be far from the truth. I did however get one walleye around the 20in mark and one a bit smaller.full-26589-38750-010.jpg also got this little bugger, he was lost, said he was looking for carmike Stick in Mud grin I told him never to come back, and sent it on it's way.full-26589-38753-013.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I should have went fishing while waiting for my lecture to start, but instead went and spent money on ice fishing jigs. I even had a long rod in the car and my summer tackle. Nice catches Rick!

Kingfisherpat,did you ever find that pond? One guy on here let me know he checked it out recently and there still swimming in there.

Yeah,I'd like to check that out too on the ice and draw some sort of conclusion on depth.Same with the one in sartell with the large mouth.The sunfish I found in the drainage in st cloud were up to 8".the average was 5"-7".It would be nifty to get an idea of the patterns the fish have in their.The Sunnies are eating well it seems.Compared to the quarrys in st cloud the sunfish in the pond are definantly eating better.The majority of the Sunnies I found in half a dozen holes in the quarrys I found them to be real skinny and that includes the small mouth.The pond Sunnies are so much different.Very plump in there own way ,almost look muscular if that makes scence.Some of the local lakes and rivers still don't compare 100% as

far as body shape details to pond fish.I'm just talking about that particular pond in the cloud.They are special in there own way .

Lol, that pond is very fertile smile but not in a good way wink it's all runoff from city streets, so I'm sure there is plenty of food in there, not to mention some oil, antifreeze, lots of salt and God only knows what else grin. Lots of fun, but just don't eat anything out of there.

LOL like I told Horseshoe Don in an older post ,that would be gross to eat out of there.It took me a few days to recover last time I went .If your there longer than three hrs, you get an upset stomach just from being down there in the grossness.Hope I didn't ruin anyone's appetite tonight.

Alas, it looks like my move away from the river has forced to give up my title of "Eel Pout King." Sad day. smile

Tried @ long Watab today around 4:30 pm.Didn't stay long.Motor kept cutting out and couldn't keep the boat still in the wind for pannies.Had one nice bite I think, while drifting but that's it.Didn't really get a chance to fish with the motor acting up and all.I may try once more next wk in the boat but I may be pushing it.Maybe il keep going until it's unbareable. I will sneak out tonight or morning and see if I can slay a rock bass or another 6" eye .lol...Fish On! grin

I too made it out for a few hours today, hit a small river North of town. Found a few walleyes and pike, but the wind made things pretty tough. Might try one or two more times this fall then I'm waitin' for the ice smile

Went down to the river for prime time this evening. I was surprised at how active the walleyes were. In an hour and a half I landed seven and missed a few too. Got one low 20s, a few 15-18 and a couple little dinks. I was using a 4in Lindy Munchie grub paired with a 1/8 oz round head, this bait got all but one of my fish, the other one came via a Husky jerk in the perch color.

Here are the picsfull-26589-38897-004.jpg

full-26589-38898-007.jpg

I think I need to start fishing after dark! Nice fish Rick

Checked out a Holdingford area lake this evening.We were on top of a lot of schools but nothing nibbled Tried out a sunken island,points,deep areas and all were holding fish that wernt hungry for any presentation at all.Oh well.First time out on this lake.Didn't have really any weeds from what we saw.Caught a nice sunset was all.A few small sheets of ice floated by off the east side too.

It wasn't just you, fishing was pretty slow for myself and the company I kept too. We hit up the river for a little bit this evening, found out from one of my buddies that the water temp was 35 this morning. I suspect tomorrow evening ( depending what my schedule looks like) will be my last time hitting the open water this year.

Met up with eye guy at the dam for a little bit this evening. Would have liked to given one last good open water report, but can't tell a lie, we got skunked blush

With the high pressure system moving in I didn't have high expectations. I hit the shallows with my spot light before I took off for the evening, didn't see even one set of eyes a glow in' anywhere along the shoreline breaks. I think the fish have moved out to their wintering locations now. Any way, I'm now officially done with the long rod for the year.

got skunked but we were fishin. smile and Tran got a monster... wink

At least you guys went out and tried.Maybe Rick will pull another walleye or three out of the river before ice time.

Maybe Rick will pull another walleye or three out of the river before ice time.

Nope, I'm done till ice up. Unless we get a couple more warm days before then that is whistle

full-39463-39475-ice.jpg

My ice fishing season has started. I was right out in front of my cabin where there is a peninsula of 3" ice that makes it out to 15 ft of water. I had and lost 3 fish(assuming wallys by the way they hit).

Southside did not have any bait. Comes in tomorrow. I will fish tomorrow night with live bait.

Also had quite a few cats roll through.

Don

Thanks for the report, bud! I should have mentioned that about South Side not having bait, I took the last of their minnows on Sunday grin

Anybody been on Pearl yet? That is one of my favorite lakes in the St. Cloud area. Despite the pressure, I have a lot of good memories out there..oh yeah, one bad one, burning a hole in my clam on a windy day.

I was out in front of the cabin again tonight, could not get to my primary walleye spot.

I had 4" of good ice under me and the thin ice near me was 2.5"

I kept 2 nice walleye's and threw one back and threw a cat back.

The cat was a super light bite. Saw probably 20-30 cats on the sonar(they have a sonar signature you can see on the marcum chart view).

Was a fun night. Bit on shiners early and fatheads later. I was not trying for cats and they would spook unless you were dead stick.

Don

I saw Scheels had minnows on Sunday. Also saw they had about 10-15 suckers. My little guy has to check them out any time we are in the store.

It's probably gonna be a couple weeks before I'm able to get out so I will have to rely on watching the forums. Our little addition to our family arrived on Tuesday so my free time will be very limited.

Good luck and be safe!!