• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Jeremy, that is one heck of a gill for this area, good job!

I too made it out for a while this afternoon. The weather was just too nice to do anything else. I did it the lazy way though, I sat at the fishing pier with some friends grin Fishing was pretty good for the first hour and a half or so. We were getting quite the mixed bag of crappies, gills, dogfish, smallies, catfish and even a large mouth now and againfull-26589-36316-003.jpg I find it kind of odd that we got a few large mouths, usually I only get one or two of them A year below the dam, today we got 4 shocked

We kept the bait pretty simple, plain hooks with crappie minnows or 2in grubs on a 1/16oz head.

After a while the horn for the dam sounded, the turbines for the power plant started kicking out quite a bit more water that it has in the last week, the water rose and became muddy. This was our downfall, the fish became very tough to get to bite. We stuck around for another hour picking off a crappie here and a gill there, nothing like the sunfish Jeremy got but fun none the less smile

Rick,Ah your lucky I been searching countless hrs looking for crappies.You said in a post earlier that you pulled out a couple and today you found more.I havnt found one since before the last full moon.That gill was just luck for me.I was just jiggin around in boredom and he came to say hello.The search for crappies continues......

Rick,Ah your lucky I been searching countless hrs looking for crappies.You said in a post earlier that you pulled out a couple and today you found more.I havnt found one since before the last full moon.That gill was just luck for me.I was just jiggin around in boredom and he came to say hello.The search for crappies continues......

They are pretty easy to pattern on the river this time of year, find smaller holes with sand bottom. The spot I was fishing yesterday was one you have been to more than once wink

Anyone have a fishing report for Koronis????? I'm heading up there to do some fishing with the father in law Monday and was just curious what everyone has been catching bass, pike and some 'eyes on and in what depth of water.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Was out on Koronis two weeks ago and had a fairly gd outing caught 17 eyes and 2 nice smallies. Had a lot of short fish but did manage a few nicer ones for a meal. Im not sure about now but the fish were hanging right on the weed edges and iside corners along the weed lines. From what im seeing on other lakes the weed pattern is still working and I would assume they are still there. Presntation was a jig 16 oz and small leech dragging the edges. I wouldn't be afraid to try cranks some other local lakes have a hot crank bite going on right now. I have been doing well with salmo hornets number 4 and shad raps in the same size. Gd luck

Hit the river in search of bass this afternoon. The fishing was pretty good despite the cold front that rolled through. the wind sure made thing interesting, boat control was tough. Throwing out the anchors was about the best option.

We got our fish today on dt-3 and 4's, jigs and plastics and a few on topwater, but the hands down winner was a good old fashioned 1/8oz jig and a fathead minnow. This simple method put a good number of bass, a few crappies, a bunch of party crappies grin couple walleyes, one northern and this big ol' bowfinfull-26589-36379-001.jpg A bonehead move by me blush it's on the scale, but scale is turned wrong way. This one went 8.9, it's in the top 3 biggest ones I have ever landed smile.

Water temp was 78 and change when I got on the water, it was 76 when we left.

My buddy and I went over to a lake in the area.Gills were pretty decent size.This lake usually is full of smaller Sunnies so I underestimated this puddle of water for sure.Hook,small jigs and floater jigs were doing well.Live crawlers for the most part and a cast or two with a spoon latched on a bass and Northern.Largest gill was 9".For this lake it was impressive.As we were leaving I ran into Mike R .Midwest outdoors/HSO guy at the landing.Talked a little bit on fishing.Hope you all had a great weekend.full-45395-36396-imag0415.jpg

As we were leaving I ran into Mike R .Midwest outdoors/HSO guy at the landing.Talked a little bit on fishing.

First off, nice one Jeremy wink Wow, you really got to talk with Mike R ? I thought he was m.i.a. or just working alot grin He's one heck of a nice guy, can't wait to see him again this winter.

I too made it out today, back to the river for some more of them smallies. The bite was still going strong even know the water temp fell a little more 74-75. Pitching jigs with live fatheads or the Trigger X minnows in redtail pattern produced lots and lots of fish. Size wasn't overly impressive, most of the bass were in the 12-15in class, some were a little bigger like this onefull-26589-36399-002.jpg

Around 7 we switched over to walleyes/crappies. They were biting the same jig/minnow combo the bass were. I think we ended up boating 5 walleyes and quite a few crappies. Best depth was 12-15 ft right on the edge of the main channel.

Had a good day on a local pond.I found two large mouth in this pond.Caught on at 17" and another at 14".a couple of dozen sunfish were hooked too.Everything was caught on circle hooks and crawlers.LG mouth and Sunnies were released of course.Strange,I never heard of a pond with LG mouths. full-45395-36498-imag0425.jpg

full-45395-36500-imag0423.jpg

full-45395-36501-imag0420.jpg

Looks good and green in the back ground Jeremy. I have a coworker that use to catch bass and throw them in the pond in his back yard...then he would take his daughter back there and she would have a blast. You would think they would freeze out in the winter though. Nice bucket mouth.

JP

Slow bite on the river tonight.A walleye and a few bass.My daughter was fishing she caught the biggest one tonight.We mostly walked along st cloud Mississippi and had an adventure.She normally wares shoes when we do that but she wanted to walk bare foot the whole way.She's becoming a river rat lol.

I saw your truck up by the Sauk Rapids bridge, woulda stopped but was running late for a meeting.

I also made it out for a couple hours this afternoon, it was a hot one, but the water sure felt goodfull-26589-36562-003.jpg

I cant believe how low the water is, I was able to wade out to some of the islands that I haven't been on in a few years

full-26589-36560-002.jpg

full-26589-36561-004.jpg

Shoreline are exposed up and down the river, I sure hope we get some good rain before the fall bite starts winkfull-26589-36563-006.jpg Does anyone know what these pilings are from?full-26589-36564-007.jpg I know where about a half a dozen sets of these are on the river in the St. Cloud area. I assume they were from the logging industry, I always wondered and never knew for sure. Any ideas?

Brrrr, it was cold out there today. Fishing was less than stellar, walleyes and crappies just wouldn't go for me today, thankfully there are bass smile They weren't going hot and heavy, but we got enough of them to keep things entertaining. Working the shorelines with jigs and minnows or plastics got plenty of bites again today.full-26589-36604-001.jpg

Rick how is the water level in that spot in the picture. have you tried for cats there lately. pm me with what access you used. I would like to get out there one more time before the ice season starts this year. I have kind of gone into a holding pattern right now and am getting ready for the ice season(even thou it is 3 months out yet).

I would like to get out there one more time before the ice season starts this year. I have kind of gone into a holding pattern right now and am getting ready for the ice season(even thou it is 3 months out yet).

Water level is low, but very fishable. Bite has been going pretty well for just about everything again wink I have been using the West access, the East ones are messes up for anything bigger than a 14ft.

Brad, your the only person I know that quits ice fishing in Jan and summer fishing in Aug crazygrin waaaay too long of wait between seasons for me man smile

J/k about that area btw Rick.Sartell is giving more walleye and northern been showing up too.walleye been around 14" and northern are around 24" A local I was fishing with is confident that there's going to be a lot of more of this in the comeing 2 wks.Minnows on a medium jig been ok for me.I havnt figured out any color specifics yet. full-45395-36636-imag0433.jpg

Jeremy, that thing in the background is the St. Cloud Hospital parking ramp...

Yes, you are going to see more walleyes moving up to the dam area as the weather starts to cool. First week in mid Sept-mid Nov is almost always lights out for numbers on the river.

I didnt feel like fishing this week.I got six bee stings at a job that I was replacing siding.The bees got in a mad panic when I started prying them boards off the wall and they really got ticked when I was driving the nails in the new siding."Its all good in the hood",is all I kept saying to myself.Finally got out for a couple hrs is sartell.First place I tried had some crappies and rockys.Then I found another hole with more pans and smallies.After a long week I thought I would keep my limit of crappies and then I ended it with a fish fry .Have a fun weekend Everyone! cool

Made it out to a local stream today, water temp is definitely starting to drop. After we got used to the water temp it ended up being a nice day for a wade down river. Started getting smaller bass on grubs and various crankbaits. Size was not so good for the first few holes. After trying just about everything we had with my partner broke out the big Senko type worms and 3/0 hooks, this turned out to be the ticket for a few bigger fishfull-26589-36786-011.jpg

Along the way we came across some gravel bars, found a couple agates

full-26589-36788-009.jpg

We ended up getting about 20 or so bass between 12-18in, not too bad of day for a small streamfull-26589-36789-025.jpg

Rick,

I am taking a break from fishing for awhile mainly because I sold the fish finder off the boat and don't want to fish blind for the rest of the open water season. I am going to be putting a side imagining unit(Humminbird 798 for now then if I could pull it off in a year or two a 1198) on but will be waiting until spring to do that. If I feel like it I do have the one lake up the road from the house that I know good enough to fish it blind with out a finder. with this colder weather it has got me in ice mode. all the ice gear is ready except for putting new line on the rods. waiting to pick up some new stuff this fall. getting the new Clam Legend Thermal one man and the Clam drill/auger conversion kit.

Rick,

I am taking a break from fishing for awhile mainly because I sold the fish finder off the boat and don't want to fish blind for the rest of the open water season. I am going to be putting a side imagining unit(Humminbird 798 for now then if I could pull it off in a year or two a 1198) on but will be waiting until spring to do that. If I feel like it I do have the one lake up the road from the house that I know good enough to fish it blind with out a finder. with this colder weather it has got me in ice mode. all the ice gear is ready except for putting new line on the rods. waiting to pick up some new stuff this fall. getting the new Clam Legend Thermal one man and the Clam drill/auger conversion kit.

Um ok crazy whatever makes you happy I guess confused Only like 3 months till ice up smirk

Eh, you're not missing much, Brad, and don't let Rick tell you otherwise.

We all know the fish quit biting after Labor Day! smile

Made an hr or two out on a st Joe lake.Jigged some minnows in 20'-25'.Found this guy by himself drifting along in the upper twenty depths.full-45395-36817-imag0445.jpg