• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

I guess they're not just for sandwiches huh grin...Nice report and nice fish.

JP

Anyone have any panfish advise? I'm at my parents cabin on the chain this week and wouldn't mind catching some. We had a few sunday night but nothing for number.

On a seperate note,Crappies and Sunnies are around still in Sartell to Sauk rapids, The hard to get to areas I found a couple of crappies in the 10" range in size.For the most part I'm finding pan fish and bass in a 10-to 15 ft cast reach from shore.It's a lot of work finding them,they seem to move place to place every day not too far from where I originally found them the day before.Lol ,I been losing tackle in the river the last couple days ,time to restock again. eekfrowncrazy Sorry I didn't see the post above.Didn't mean to stomp over your question eek:(******** crazy

Anyone have any panfish advise? I'm at my parents cabin on the chain this week and wouldn't mind catching some. We had a few sunday night but nothing for number.

Find a good thick weedline and you should get a mixed bag of fish. Rocky points and bars will also be holding some fish. Small crappie minnows or a chunk of nightcrawler under a float like the new Thill Wobble Bobber is the easiest way to locate them, then just pitch jigs and plastics, or continue using the live bait under the float.

Any of you had much luck with Northerns on rivers or lakes? I used a lot of different tactics and locations but numbers Arnt the same like a few weeks ago.I been getting a few here and there on the river with shiners and a hook .2-3lb range is all I see.Same with lakes.Sometimes I'm fishing gills and the northern seem to come around then,so maybe there hanging around schools of sunfish,that's my guess anyway.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Rice has been kicking out walleyes, pike and bass up shallow on cranks and jigs. A lot of action in 5-8 fow although with the weeds getting thicker it gets tougher to access them even though they are there.

Got the chance to go out with a buddy and try for some eyes on a local lake and had some luck...ended up keeping 3 eyes that were 18"/19" and 4 really nice crappies...released a couple small ones and 2 that were at that 23" inch range. Wind made it tough to hold on course at times but we still felt good about our day...this was Friday.

full-43284-34998-image.jpg

full-43284-34999-image.jpg

JP

Started around 7:30.At first the bite was slow after moving around I Found some crappies around 9pm by the papermill.They were roaming further away from shore today.16oz glow jig with a minnow .Night bobber was 2' from the jig with a few slow turns they took the bait.full-45395-35011-imag0320.jpg Average was 9"in size.Wish they were a little bigger lol

Thanks Jared,smart phone cameras work great! Today Gills and crappies started around 4pm in Sartell.Bobbers wernt working so I just used panfish hooks and moved a wax worm or crawler on the end.Realing in slow worked well.I got pretty dirty over there with all the foam and everything near me.For me today I beat my own record of a gill caught at 8.5 inches.The crappies were about the same size they've been lately.It was hot today.Glad I'm back home in the ACfull-45395-35086-imag0327.jpg

Sorry My hand was covered in foam and dirt from the river.

Did you bury that one to keep it cool laugh...JK...

Nice gill Jeremy...the river has been treating you well lately....

JP

That is a very nice gill for the river Jeremy wink

The river has been good to me as well lately. From 11PM till 2AM we got 12 cats in the boat and missed a few othersfull-26589-35097-003.jpg

full-26589-35098-004.jpg

full-26589-35099-002.jpg

full-26589-35100-005.jpgIts now 3AM, I have to be at work at 6:30AM, it's going to be a rough day tiredgrin

I kind of figured that...I figured I would ask since you fish them so much I thought maybe I was missing out on something grin

JP

Went on the Mississippi Pretty good day with a limit of crappies and a 18" smally.Jigs and gulp minnows for bait.I was surprised the crappies didn't move again.They move day to day around 20 ft apart from where they were the day before.I guess the river condition didn't change much from yesterday.full-45395-35157-imag0339.jpg

full-45395-35158-imag0342.jpg This crappie was 10.25"

JP,you sure there Arnt fish in that pond by your place.I been thinking about it lately,if there is an outlet on there You never know if fish are romeing in there.I gotta come out there with my orange bucket and try it before summer is over. cool

Jeremy, nice smally and good idea on the avatar. As for my honey hole whistle...it is worth a shot. The only thing I have ever seen in there besides the ducks and geese are koi, bait fish, muskrats and one time I did stumble across a bullhead but those things could live in a bucket of dirty water for years grin. If not this summer there will be access to it next spring right cool.

I suppose if muskrats can swim up it there must be a way right. Seen blue herons with small fish at times now that I think of it.

JP

I was in the neighborhood so I decided to see the quarry park in st cloud.I only had some plastic bait with me.It was a Sun fish day.Next time I hope I have live bait.Maybe a trout will bite.Everything was released as the park would want it.The suns and bass looked skinny,they don't seem to eat much.Lots of good things in that park with some history,hikeing and plenty of nature to explore.I'm glad I got to see it full-45395-35234-imag0348.jpg

Made it out on the river after cats again last night, would like to say we did good, but can't this time. Got on the water by 8PM, by 8:30 Traderlee got his first fish, a mid 20s fish, by 9 he had his second. That was it, we stayed till 12:30AM, had a couple more hits and caught a few bullheads crazy I think the front that came through the day before made things tough. This raccoon was the highlight of my night frownfull-26589-35280-005.jpg

I was down below the dam today seeing what everyone was up to, when I ran into this guyfull-26589-35279-011.jpg Nice crappie Jeremy smile

Almost forgot, the guy we talked to that said he was getting 3lb, 19in crappies did get a nice slab that was around 12-13in, but I bet he measured it out at 15-16 grin I love listing to the stories of fellow river anglers smile

Orange bucket in the back ground, painters paints...why, that's Jeremy Cambell grin

Nice crappie...is the thing 17-18 inches. gringrin

JP

You river boys have all the luck...someday I will stumble down there and see what the hype is all about...

JP

You river boys have all the luck...someday I will stumble down there and see what the hype is all about...

JP

You aint missing much, or maybe you are, hmmmm grin

Yes, that orange Home Depot bucket is Jeremy's trademark smile

I seen your friend over there a couple weeks ago with an orange bucket too.Lol I'm makeing such an impact on bucket fashion I guess