• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

so your saying then, the fish can rest easy for a while huh!!!!!!!!!!👍👍

throwing any jigs out??????/😅🤭🙃

• Yayyyy 1

holy crap did the sauk river rise big time since tuesday. went up to get my boat this morning. hwy 22 is closed assuming water over the road. the main body of becker lake still has ice but the bays are open.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, smurfy said:

holy crap did the sauk river rise big time since tuesday. went up to get my boat this morning. hwy 22 is closed assuming water over the road. the main body of becker lake still has ice but the bays are open.

The Miss was forecasted to rise about 1 ft/day till Sunday.

• Wow, ❤ 1

14 hours ago, Wanderer said:

The Miss was forecasted to rise about 1 ft/day till Sunday.

I went down on Wednesday and water was a little high....Went down this morning and it had to have gone up 3-4 ft since... No ice left, lots of big logs and debris coming over dam

IMG_20230415_081919698_HDR.jpg

• Wow, ❤ 3

all this rain aint gonna help either..........been raining, not hard, but steady all day. on the plus side, except to check tires and throw a little grease at the boat......it should be ready for open water!!!!!!!

i cant picture where your lift is located but the other pictures are down 22 between Mertens and what they called buttons corner. i mighta left a few hooks, line and bobbers in the power lines by the little peninsula in my younger days!!!!! 😣😒🙃🤣

10 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

Nobody on the forum was alive in your younger days smurfy!  😆

🤪🤣

• Yayyyy 1

16 hours ago, Mike89 said:

sure hope wind and ice don't damage your lift!!!

I think the damage is already done to both lifts.  We'll see if they're both useable by opener, that's what I mostly care about, so I don't have to use the landing in the morning.  On the other hand, I guess it gives me an excuse to possibly upgrade lifts.  :)

13 hours ago, smurfy said:

i cant picture where your lift is located but the other pictures are down 22 between Mertens and what they called buttons corner. i mighta left a few hooks, line and bobbers in the power lines by the little peninsula in my younger days!!!!! 😣😒🙃🤣

We're on the main peninsula of Horseshoe.  Are you talking the underwater peninsula?  I don't know of any other point along the stretch of 22 between Mud/Horseshoe.  

Coleman.....no that little penninsula in your 4th picture is just south of the winter access.  after ice out it was usually packed with shore fishermen back in the old days.

not even sure about an underwater penninsula??????

think i know whrere your at, just south of the 22 bridge????? kinda sad i grew up just north of where the caseys is on the left side past the old railroad bed and i dont know the chain hardly at all!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Coleman said:

I think the damage is already done to both lifts.  We'll see if they're both useable by opener, that's what I mostly care about, so I don't have to use the landing in the morning.  On the other hand, I guess it gives me an excuse to possibly upgrade lifts.  :)

We're on the main peninsula of Horseshoe.  Are you talking the underwater peninsula?  I don't know of any other point along the stretch of 22 between Mud/Horseshoe.  

home owners insurance covered mine when the storms got them....   good luck!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
19 hours ago, Mike89 said:

sure hope wind and ice don't damage your lift!!!

My thoughts as well mike.  Seen some bad things happen when lake ice starts pushing in the wind.  

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, smurfy said:

Interesting, I remember the house with the underwater garage being there for so long, that I never thought of that. We’re on the main point of Horseshoe, in the bay just south of It meth hole. 

haha, that’s too bad that you know know if the underwater Point right there, that’s an awesome Walleye spot in the spring. 

yeah, the old man and I figured there would be a claim going in once we’re able to check them out. 

On 4/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, Rick G said:

water was a little high

In the summer of 2021, they literally shut that dam off because there wasn't enough water going through it to run the turbines.  It was the first time since that dam had been built that it was shut off.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm taking the boat out on thursday to a lake by new london to try my luck...........yea Rick....i fish!!!!!!!!!!👍🤪 i know a spot or two!!!!!!!

Eyeguy and myself spent a good portion of today on the Horseshoe chain and Clearwater.  Both systems the water is still running about 2 ft higher than normal.  Lots of people's lawns and  docks still underwater.   surface water temps were in the low 50s in most of the spots we checked out.  Quite a few of the better early panfish bays on the Chain have floating grass and weeds to the point they are unfishable.  

IMG_20230504_151045974_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Rick G
  • Thumbs Up 4

👍 nice going. i took the boat out for its initial voyage yesterday to a lake out by new london, needed to check my aspargus anyway, and i struck out. 😣 fish havent moved into the back bay yet thats got history. most that bay was unfishable to with all the crap floating. looked like alot of pollen?????

• Thumbs Up 1

I got out on the Chain on Friday, although I didn't fish.  I was just breaking my new motor in.  It looks like all 3 public accesses can be used, although the 71 access is a weedy mess.  Water temp on Cedar was 50* and Horseshoe was 55*.  I saw quite a few fish on my depth finder, although I assume they were mostly cast on breaks.  

It looks like it might be rainy on opener, so hopefully that keeps the fair weather fishermen on dry land.  I'm looking forward to this opener, I never went out for last year due to weather.  Then my season was cut short due to the motor dropping a cylinder.  darn thing only had 150 hours on it. That motor is still waiting for a new powerhead(since Labor day 2022), so I switched brands, and is why I'm breaking a new motor in.  Anyways, I look forward to it, and hope to be pleasure fishing by about 10am on Saturday.  We'll see how it goes.:) 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 months later...

The mid/late summer patterns are producing lots of fish on the Mississippi.  Haven't fished near as much as I would have liked as of late (life, work)  Still able to sneak out for few hours here and there though😏  Nice fat 18 5/8 from this morning.....1/20 ned rig with z-man trd in green pumpkin did the trick

IMG_20230819_084940597_HDR.jpg

Edited by Rick G
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Rick G said:

The mid/late summer patterns are producing lots of fish on the Mississippi.  Haven't fished near as much as I would have liked as of late (life, work)  Still able to sneak out for few hours here and there though😏  Nice fat 18 5/8 from this morning.....1/20 ned rig with z-man trd in green pumpkin did the trick

IMG_20230819_084940597_HDR.jpg

It's been to darn Hot as well!  🥵

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, SteveL said:

Has anyone found any ice that’s safe to walk on in the St. Cloud area for 2023?

About  2 days ago when my wife took a  cruise around the horseshoe chain she said it didn't look as anyone  ventured out yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would wait a little bit it looks like the next few days will make a little ice.

• Thumbs Up 2

very colorful bluegill bud!!!!!!!👍 i didnt want my man card pulled saying pretty!!!!!!!!!!🤣

Edited by smurfy
  • Wow, ❤ 1