• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JeremyCampbell

Heat was taking some time to get use to but I stayed hydrated and kept on fishing.Noticing the bass really were awake today.Most of them were right on that edge of current and would hit that bait like it was there last meal.A few other species were fun too.Hope to try a few more spots tommorrow and see if I can get some more carp on my hook.Have a great weekend all:)

20170602_194438_1496451103722.jpg

• Like 3

eyeguy 54

nice paint free pic :) 

• Like 2

monstermoose78

Way to go Jc 

• Like 1

JeremyCampbell

Experimented with corn on the river today.Guess it really does work:)

20170604_120413.jpg

• Like 2

Borch

My dad and I got out on a local lake from 11-5 pm yesterday.  Best bite for us was shallow for a mixed bag of walleye, pike, crappies and bass.  Trolling cranks over and around weeds was the most consistent approach.  Ended up keeping 5 nice eyes and a couple crappie.  Best trolling speed was a bit under 2 mph.  Color didn't seem to matter much.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

Team Bobberdown

Went  out in the morning( Saturday)and brought home some supper. Nothing better than fresh walleye. Got them on leeches and spinner rigs with 3/8 oz trolling sinker. One was 20" the other 19" and got other smaller ones. But I only got two hands.

image000000_07.jpg

• Like 3

Team Bobberdown

Beautiful morning

20170805_131314_01.mp4

• Like 3

Rick G

Area bluegill bite has been very good as of late. Look to deep weedlines or hard bottom areas  in the 6-18ft range to hold better numbers.  Please remember to release the larger fish to help keep our area lakes healthy.

20170824_112003.jpg

20170824_142644.jpg

20170824_122430.jpg

• Like 3

Borch

Nice gills Rick!

• Like 1

JeremyCampbell

BoOm! Nice:)

Rick G

Back on the hunt yesterday. Finding better fish relating to the remaining weeds on hard bottom areas. 

20170907_154907.jpg

20170907_160751.jpg

Borch

Did some late night trolling this weekend.  Small shad style baits trolled on the inside weed edges got bit.  Lots of small and eater eyes caught.   Also got a few nice smallmouth with the biggest just over 19 inches.

20170910_002214.jpg

• Like 4

Rick G

Bonus night time smallies are always fun:)

Borch

Yes they are...

Team Bobberdown

Cold weather equals fall walleye. Love it. And bonus perch.

20171007_100420.jpg

20171007_110341.jpg

20170930_095634.jpg

• Like 3

Team Bobberdown

20171029124753acca1081225eba8a.jpg

• Like 1

Rick G

Nice one , Nick!   I still recognize the background though;)

• Like 1

Tom Sawyer
31 minutes ago, Rick G said:

I still recognize the background though;)

Yeah, not many good shore spots in our area with reeds..... His spot is safe Ricky!

eyeguy 54
1 hour ago, Rick G said:

Nice one , Nick!   I still recognize the background though;)

me too ;)  must get back there. smallies were hungry at college dam this afternoon and managed 2, 14 inch eyes. fun time of the year. 

1029a.jpg

• Like 1

Tom Sawyer
22 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

me too ;)  must get back there. smallies were hungry at college dam this afternoon and managed 2, 14 inch eyes. fun time of the year. 

1029a.jpg

NICE smallie!

eyeguy 54

6 to 7 inches where I was this morning. lotta smalls again but a few nice ones in the mix. This nice female just broke nine inches. Not a monster but a beauty. 

1214b.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tom Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Good one Roycey

Tom Sawyer
27 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Nice fish, but not a male. Those gills in your lake sure have an unmistakable purple hue. Might have to stop down there sometime after the walleye bite fades....

4 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

This nice male just broke nine inches. 

smurfy
4 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

6 to 7 inches where I was this morning. lotta smalls again but a few nice ones in the mix. This nice male just broke nine inches. Not a monster but a beauty. 

1214b.jpg

where'd ya say that was!!!!!!!;):P:grin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Similar Content

• minnleu
      By minnleu
      Hey, guys - I'm looking for a place to tie an older 16' Ranger 40hp up to around the St Cloud area for the 2018 season where I can come and go without restrictions.  Will trailer it to other lakes sometimes.  Lake or river.  I'm disabled, so close too parking or accessible with my electric scooter would be great.  Lift not necessary.
      Thank you,
      Tony  

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Fishing has picked up significantly this week. Minnesota fishermen can be selective of fish kept, as  they have had no problem filling Walleye limits.  17-19 feet will produce late in the day with 21-25 feet being most productive away from structure during mid day. Pink, white and gold have been most productive all around. Glow or UV have also had success during cloudy conditions if charged often.

Canada continues to give up Crappies between 25 and 32ft, still with a light setup and electronics. Many tulibee and the ocassional whitefish are being caught while crappie fishing.  Walleye in Canada on points and reefs remain easy to catch.

We still have plenty of ice on the Minnesota and Canadian side and trails are still being groomed. 

March is a great time for a last minute trip to the Angle!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle of Lake of the Woods!

The Minnesota side is still kicking out fish between 18-25 feet. Fish are hitting jigging spoons when active; specifically White, Gold or U.V.  When activity levels are slow, try the Deadstick 8-10 inches from the bottom. We had numerous Giant Pike this week, all caught on Walleye spoons.

Canadian Walleye fishing is incredible. Fish are slamming aggressive presentations like rip’n raps and spoons tipped with Shiners. Crappie action varies day to day. An ultra-light set up is guaranteed to catch more Crappies than a walleye rod.

Trails are still being manicured and are in overall great condition. The warmer weather is exposing ice chunks off of the snowmobile trail and creating heaves, one near Knight Island deserves attention. Travel cautiously off of marked trails. We have 3+ feet of ice.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota fishing has been most productive in 20-24 feet of water.  Guests are bringing home their limits of Walleye and Sauger with the occasional Perch and Northern mixed in. Fish have been most active early and late in the day and the bite has been terrific. The use of electronics continues to be very beneficial with fish taking jigging spoons, jigg’n raps or rattle baits.  Snowmobile ttrails on the Minnesota side continue to be maintained and are in great shape. We are still making ice, with most spots at over 30 inches. 

North and East of us in Canada, big Crappies are coming in on light tackle setups out of 30 feet. If you are looking for walleye, they are everywhere!

Until next week, 

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota fishing has been really good this past week with good numbers of slot fish and a 30” walleye. We have been on the move with our houses and it is paying off.  Multiple houses producing an all day sauger bite with plenty of walleye mixed in. 20-24 feet is where we have found the most action. Glow and white/gold spoons have been the prefered color as of late. 

Our snowmobile and marked trails are in great condition.  Thirty inches of ice is common with 24 in higher current areas.

Up in Canada, limits of crappies are still being had in 30’ and deeper water.  Ultra light tackle and rod set up can make the difference some days, while other days crappies can be caught on Rip’n Raps and Jigging spoons.  Walleye action remains strong on reefs and points in 24-28 feet. 

We hope to see you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

In Minnesota, limits of walleye and sauger are being caught between 22 and 25 feet. Presentation changes daily from deadstick to jigging but not both. Pink and white, or gold and chartreuse have had many slot fish and lost a few BIG ones.

The Canadian side of the lake has seen a lot of northern action, with the biggest closing in on 48.” Walleye are still plentiful off of reefs and points. Crappie action has been sporatic with the changing weather fronts. 

We hope to see you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota walleye continue to be caught in 18-21 feet at the bottom of shoreline breaks.  Rattle baits and jigging spoons call fish to the holes, while a plain hook and minnow seals the deal. Perch and sauger are consistently found between 25 and 28 feet, walleye can be found there too for a good mid-day bite. The hottest bite this week was within an hour of sundown. 

Up in Canada, walleye fishing remains relatively easy, get yourself to a spot that looks like walleye structure and start reeling them in!
      Canadian crappies are still filling freezers at 28-32 feet, with small UV colored rip’n raps or a small jig and plastic.  Depth finders have proven to be a necessity with finding a pattern in the fish, whether it be rising or falling jigging action.  

Until next week,
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      1.22.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report
      Hello from the NW Angle!
      Minnesota walleye fishing has been consistent between 18-21 feet. The most effective method is on the dead stick set slightly above the jigging rod. 25-28 feet is also filling buckets with a good walleye and sauger mix, even the occasional jumbo perch. Slender and Tundra spoons have been bringing fish to the house. We have also seen numerous northern pike this week with the largest being over 42.”
      Canadian walleye fishing remain excellent, especially along points and reefs. Crappie action has been hit or miss. The bite has been better in the morning with anglers limiting out in the first few hours. Fishing deeper than 28 feet is important to get good action.
      Until next week,
      Sunset Lodge

• #m2
      By #m2
      Does anyone know if big pine lake mn. By perham is safe  to drive on.. I'm driving ram 1500 hemi... and r the walleyes biting...thanks....
    • Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

The bite remains consistent on the Minnesota side where we are fishing between 26 and 28 feet, yielding good walleye, sauger and jumbo perch. The dead stick will provide action early and throughout the day. Shallower depths are worth fishing early and late for quality walleye, a majority of which are in the slot.

Up in Canada, big crappies are filling buckets via minnows, plastics and rip’n raps as well as, very light setups in 28-32 feet. Walleye fishing is outstanding near structure, either points or reefs. jig’n raps, buck shots or spoons have been productive.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Stephen L Johnston Jr.
      I saw the guy who bought our cabin, Ryan Aker, came in 4th. A couple of 7lb fish and i thought i saw a team with a 10lb fish also. Shhhhhh, the shallow is a secret. We fish quite often in 5' or less, Often watching the guides out on the sandy flats from a far
    • Stephen L Johnston Jr.
      Last year my family and I were just landing our boat off the hoodoo point access and someone from here recognized my pike master boat and daughter from pictures i shared the year before. He suggested going to some underwater rock formation north of Ely island where he said he did well with jigging raps, which I just so happened to obtain a collection of over the past year or so. We marked a ton of fish in the 26' depth range but could not get those to bite for our life and ended up resorting to old tactics much shallower. I have watched videos of Linders and other anglers doing well with them but have yet to have that same luck. Had a giant on Minnetonka on a jigging rap but ended up getting off before showing itself. So, ill strongly second this on making the jigging rap work this year. On another note these spot lock and conture following features coming out with the new trolling motors is a true game changer. We pulled of on a family favorite spot on a windy day and had a hard time staying on position with my dads old trolling motor. A guy pulled up and had no problem staying were we wanted to be, going to have to be one of the upgrades on the next boat.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Over the winter, my family acquired some snorkel gear. I know that Vermilion isn't a great lake for clarity, and certainly my bay is at the bottom of the list. However, are there areas of the lake that have decent clarity?
    • leech~~
      Welcome to the forum Dave38.  More then likely the tab like the others have said. Did you do anything to the boat to change the weight around like add a live well or battery in different spots?  Is it a wheel or tiller? 
    • PSU
      Any sense to when the walleye tournament results will be posted? Always enjoy reading the names and weights. Aside from Saturday morning, we did very well Thursday-Sunday. LOTS of tiny walleyes in the Frazer/Smart's Bay area, but did manage plenty of keeper fish in 22-35 feet with Lindy's/Jigs and rainbows
    • Wanderer
      +1 on the trim tab being the issue.
    • PRO-V
      Did you do anything to the lower unit? Trim tab might need adjusting.
    • vermilionfox
      Looks good Cliff! The perch look mighty tasty!
    • vermilionfox
      I recognize where those pictures were taken!  
    • Dave38
      25 HP Merc on 14 ft Lund pulling hard to right???