• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

As Mrfish said the dock on crystal gets pounded and the sunfish there are tiny. The better bet is to part up the hill on the west side of the lake and around the SW bay. The closer you can get to the pennisula on the east side of that bay the better luck and size you're going to see in the sunfish, and occasional bass under your float.

I haven't been out to carl's yet this year. That lake makes me mad sometimes. however if the water is high and the weeds haven't set in, which is the case. Since I drove by to take a look. You can always find hammer handle pike off the outside of the veg. and the crappies like the shallower bays.

scott: i have had good luck this year on Carl's trolling #4 salmo hornets in about 15 fow. i got a few nice crappie and sunnies (and a few pike) in the small bay on the eat side of the lake. i would troll from the point where the house is doing landscaping and aim for a large dead tree on the north shoreline. i have probably just given up too much information but that lake can be so hit or miss you can do just what i said and catch your limit or nothing at all on two consecutive days.

Water must be high, because in the past I never graphed much past 13 to bottom. grin

Plus I've had to get out and push my boat in that bay.

yeah i dont know about the water levels but my graph has shown up to 17' there this year....... of course its by no means top of the line.

Fished a NW metro lake with jac714 and Juan Grande today.

Pike and Bass were the target.

Put several bass in the boat. The biggest was lost when it came to the surface and shook her head. Juan Grande was pretty bummed about it.

All the pike we caught were 4 pounds or better. Juan Grande had a 40" plus Pike follow on consecutive casts, could not get her to eat.

Used Swim Jigs, Crankbaits in fire tiger, Spinnerbaits, Yum Dingers.

Great weather and a surprisingly good showing from some quality Pike.

Was on Carl's yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Both my locators showed as much as 17 in a few spots so yours shouldnt be too far off. only picked up a few fish. 1 eye, 2 crappies, and 1 sunny/bluegill. threw all back

Sounds like a pretty good day on the water. I was looking for a couple spots in the north metro to shore fish this week (before I go back to the salt mine). Are the Rum River north and central regional parks worth a shot or would that be a waste of time? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can anyone share some tips for catching bass on spring lake? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

I caught a 6 Lb. Largemouth on a black & blue plastic off one of the points on the south end several years ago. All I know...

How is the launch at McMahon's (carls)? Was thinking of heading out there but had someone tell me it was very shallow.

Water levels are up, which would mean the landing should be good. I've never had an issue launching from there.

Took a neighbor on Tonka Saturday morning before the rain. It was his first time out fishing the lake. We boated 14 northerns, 1 walleye, 3 largemouth bass, 1 smallmouth bass, 10 nice sunnies, 2 nice crappies, a carp, numerous rock bass, and had about a 28 inch muskie follow one of his rapala's up to the boat. Overall, a pretty cool day. 8 different species boated. Really would have been nice to get that muskie. Never had an 8 species day on tonka. That was super cool in itself! Kept one northern, one walleye, the sunnies, and the crappie. We took enough for a good meal for the family. Those fish tasted really good on Sunday night. Looks like everything is biting on Tonka right now.

Tator - thanks. I think he might just have been trying to keep me away from his spot...LOL. I CPR so not sure why he would worry, that is when I actually catch something.

it is pretty shallow but i have not had too much of an issue with it...... just be prepared to step out of your vehicle into the water! i have to back in to the point my front tires are in the water a little.

Somebody is lucky out at the Prior Lake Park boat landing! Hope you have success with my lures!

Packing up Saturday morning for a one night camping trip with friends from work, I discover that I misplaced 2 trays of Rapala's that contained mostly Shad Raps (50)and my main taclke box that contained general tackle. The only thing I can think of is I left those boxes at the boat landing as I have to take all the equipment out to put the boat in the back of the pickup at the Prior Lake boat landing last Wednesday evening! DOH!!!!!!!! Lets see this around $1000.00 loss! DOH!!!! mad

Fished Carl's sunday the 19th. Very slow. All fish caught on leeches. 1 largemouth, 1 sunny, 1 crappie. Lost one fish to a failed knot.

Got lucky today! I got my tackle boxes back thanks to a good person who found my boxes and took the time and effort to find me. I always put my name on almost everything including my tackle boxes. It's good to know there are still good people! smile

Wow that sure was nice of a guy. Most people now days don't have respect to do something like that.

Fin, thats great to hear.

I got out on crystal for an hour or two today. They pulled the weed harvesters off the lake today. Fishing was VERY slow. I think I only had one bite the whole time I was out there. I talked to another man just as I was getting off the lake and he said the same thing. He caught 2 bass.

Out on Tonka on Sunday night from about 7:30 pm until midnight. Left the lake when it started to rain. Landed two northerns before the sun went down. Switched over to the lindy rig with leeches after sundown and managed to catch one small walleye that was 12 inches long and 5 sunfish. Still amazes me how you can catch sunfish after dark on tonka while walleye fishing. Hopefully will make it out on Saturday morning early before the boat traffic gets too crazy from the weekend warriors.

Sunfish bit good last night. My five year old daughter caught her limit in about 30 minutes. Winner winner, sunfish dinner.

Anyone fish Crystal lately? I have been out last couple days in the morning but only got one bite. Wondering if it is me or fishing is just slow.

Not just you sean, its been slow for everyone ive talked to, including myself.

That figures. I was going to finally get out. Been real busy instead of reel busy!

I would suggest heading out to orchard instead. Look for weedlines

Orchard as been slow as well. Luckily due to lot size the boat traffic is limited.

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions