• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

I'm pretty sure there always was a ridge between browns and wayzata. You can access browns and smiths off of 15. I haven't been out lately so I have no idea of the ice. Wayzata bait should have the info you need.

Been driving over that ridge every year. You can also drive in between the island and shore. They put rocks off the access in browns so that is a no go as far as driving on.

Hotime, In regards to shutting off the Browns access with rocks, are you referring to the drive on spot right off of 15 when it meets the lake as your heading from 394 toward Navarre? I like using that spot but it was plowed in with snow. It would be a major disappointment to find out it's shut down permanantly

yeah they added rocks to the shorline, im sure you can still get on the lake there but with all the snow and the rocks you will need a realy big truck... plus there is a culvert on the left side of where you drive on and it somtimes can get a wet and messy. i would say its just as easy to access at wayzata beach and drive around spirt island to browns bay

I fish Waconia a couple of weeks ago and it was dead. Everyone I talk to says they have bad luck out there. Maybe it is just me and the people I know. Sure would be nice to get some more reports on the lake.

i fished waconia yesterday. went out at 6 am on the north east side of center reef in 15 fow. ice is 16" and solid. i saw 2 pike, one muskie and one walleye on the camera. lots of very small perch and sonnies. i had a big shiner down with a red hook and they all ignored it. i was tossing down everything i had as the one pike kept showing up. he was interested in the camera but not the lures.. this was around 8am. after that nothing but small panfish all day. as far as im concerned waconia is a waste of time. used to be a good lake. it has been fished so hard the last couple of years i think it needs a break.

i was out there on Saturday night. 1 house on kegs, and they moved right around dark. i didn't fish there either, but found that kindof amazing. had 1 good bite at dark and a bunch of perch pestering me during the day. maybe there are so many little perch that the bigger fish don't have to bit on minnows????

going to try a different spot tomorrow night.

Anyone been catching nice perch on prior? No need to say where. What your using would be helpful.

Thanks and good luck!

Fished Carson's just outside the mouth of the inlet into the bay by the small island last night (1/11/11) for 6 hours, saw a few small fish, perhaps a couple larger ones, no interest in minnows except on 6 inch perch. Nothing on tipup in 10 feet of water set up just below the ice with med sucker.

fishdaddy, i have found some good perch on prior using a slug bug by Northland tackle. (find shallower green weedbeds and you will find the perch)

Does anyone have info about driving a full-size truck from wayzata beach over to browns bay? Is it somewhat safe?

Thanks Hendo, I'm heading out this weekend with hope of finding them. I have some spots from last year and with some luck they will still be around.

Does anyone have info about driving a full-size truck from wayzata beach over to browns bay? Is it somewhat safe?

I haven't done it myself but have seen a few trucks a day drive that way. I have just been using the winter access in smith's bay and driving to browns from there. If you drive out you will see old tracks from where cars have already driven, just follow those to browns and you should be ok.

Creek kid, I use waxies, gulp waxies and small minnows have worked too. When finicky real waxies work best.

Good luck!

Was out on Waconia Friday (Jan 14) evening. We did pretty well with the crappies. Brought home 15 between two of us. All the ones we kept were 9+ inches. We fished from 7pm-midnight. Never had a hot period, but the bite was steady. Lots of sunnies too but no size. Was using a ratso with no bait and waxies on a glow jig. Not going to give a location or depth just letting you know we did have some success.

macattack... you dont need to tell everyone that your not giving up a location or depth, just dont mention anything about it at all. sounds like your just trying to rub it in peoples face

If he didn't say it, someone would have asked. Then he'd have to say it! Geez, keep it positive.

Fished Waconia this evening. Out near Pillsbury in 13 feet of water. Caught 20 sunnies only 3 big enough to keep.

Prior last night. Small glow jig with crappie minnow produced some crappies in 28 FOW. By a few I mean three. They weren't as interested in a plain hook or non-glow jig.

Was out on grays bay and could land 10" eyes one after another from 2-6 but not a single bite after six. Also tried by the sheriffs station and pulled one 18" at around 9pm.

was on medicine lake this week, lots of small crappies, a couple 10+. also a few eyes, nothing over 15 inches. thinking about hitting whaletail, any suggestions for crappies out there.

whaletail is slow. when you do get them, they are small- 6-7". the lake has not been the same since the crappie kill. it's very similar to medicine. tonka is a better bet.

maybe whaletail can wait. My brother was heading out to tonka on monday, to the north arm. any ideas on that. I will post my report monday night. THANX, RDOG....

i was on wailtail today. there is a road/path that is drivable. going from the access all the way to the other half of the lake. if you off the road you might need 4wd. the snow isnt that deep but it is slick. i fished in front of the access in 9fow. crappies were comin through here and there but not a hot bite. they bite very light..so lite thet my spring bobber wouldnt even show it. got a few small ones by watching the ice 55 and lost one nice one. i wasnt there very long though

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions