• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

Had a solid six inches on grays. Fished for a couple of hours managed two nice eyes and a couple pike.

Where are you guys parking on Grays? Any ATV's out there? How deep are you fishing?

Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Went on Tonka yesterday out from the Harrison Bay access. I cut a handful of holes and the ice is 4"-6" thick. I also in three hours of effort caught a dozen miniature Perch with only 2 that were approaching keeper size.

You can park on Red oak road and walk over to candy cove. That is about the closest you can get with out doing it illegal. I guess I have to ask why all that work to fish candy cove? There are a ton of spots on that lake with a lot less work.

any insight as to what the eyes were biting on? picked up a darter so I might give that a whirl....send me a PM if you are nice enough to let me in on a tip!! thanks!!

Was out on a west metro lake last night and caught one of my biggest crappie through the ice. It was almost 16inches. We ended up with 15 crappies all over 12 inches,4 bass ( 18 inches was the biggest ),1 northern and 2 bullheads. The ice was about 7-8 inches.

Nice! Jipper, have any pics of that monster? I can't wait to get one of those for the wall some day! Congrats on a good day of fishing.

We were out from the landing for Carson's, down to the right off the first point 2 weekends ago, 2-3"

Out towards the islands before the main lake it was still wide open, but again this was 2 weeks ago.

I went out last night and to try my luck again, Well not as good as it was the night before. But we did manage 5 over 12 inches and a bunch of 4-8 inch bluegills and crappies. If someone could help me to get the picture of the big 16 inch crappies of my phone and post it it would be great.

Ice sucks on Tonka, was out in Excelsior bay, was out thursday night, caught 15 eyes 3 keepers, now with the snow it will be along time before their will be solid ice, wallaye fishing in tonka is getting worse every year, keep the muskies out of the lake.

Hey what is working for the walleyes on Grays. Depth, time, lure/ color. Any info would be greatly appretiated.

I figured id post this on here because it gets more hits,

i need all and any information about nokomis looking to head out there this weekend for walleys or maybe some crappies. thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Went out the other night on Tonka. Caught a couple of decent crappies and a couple random perch. 8 ft of water was key.

You gotta love the guy that say he catches 15 Eyes ( 3 keepers) than has the balls to say keep the muskie out of the lake.... Ha Ha Ha people these days. Sorry pilot for your horrible 15 walleye day. What a joke

Small south metro lake today. Couldn't keep the gills off the hook, lots of smaller fish but could have probably managed a limit if I was looking for it. Crappies were spread out but biting well, caught a dozen or so, biggest being 13". Also got a nice 5-6 lb pike on the tip-up. Best bite was in 8-10 fow. Just about everything went back in, kept a handful of gills and crappies for dinner.

Lunker, care to say what small south metro lake you were on? Or at least a hint, landmark, city or something.

Thanks!

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions