• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

Minnows are there because it's the first place that aquatic vegatation grows. and it grows because the water warms there the fastest.

Why does the water warm there......Well......not sure but I'll take a stab at it.

because Masses's put there docks in, The wood from the docks warms from the sun and transfers it to the water. just a guess

Saw a huge crappie caught on wakonia on tuesday, most fish we caught were small, two guys kept eight fish.

went out of spring bay last night at about six thirty. the bite was really good and hooking up with crappies and sunnies constantly for about the first 2o minutes in 6-9 fow, but once the front/rain started to get closer the bite slowed down to almost nothing, but yes the fish are still in shallow. i was reading about 60-61 degrees for the water temp.

Fished Turtle Lake in Shoreview Thursday night. About 6 trailers in the parking lot. Caught 6 sunnies, released 4 bass. Water temps were 64-67. Went Saturday night, water temps were 58 degrees all around the lake, caught 1 bass, no sunnies.

out again last night on tonka. we were still fishing over the milfoil is 6-9 fow, fishing crappie minnows under floats and did well. most fish about 9-1o inches and the biggest was around 11 inches. didnt pay attention to the water temps. its like a whole different lake during the week without all boat traffic you see on the weekend. it was nice to fish where there wasnt three or more boats fishing the same area. i was the only guy out that i saw fishing.

fished the narrows for a hour or so last night caught 2 small sunnies. any idea where a guy can find some carp on tonka? any one have first hand knowledge of seeing any carp?

any one know if there is a place to park and walk back to the bridge on the north end of tanager lake?

You should be able to park right off 15 alongside Brown's Bay. There are usually some cars there and it's on the east side of Tanager. Walk across 15 and you'll be on the path to the bridge pretty quick.

Tonka. I was out on Tuesday from 10-3, not much to show for my efforts but saw plenty. Started in Libbs, went to Crystal Bay, worked Breezy Point, back to Grays Bay on the north side....... Big Fish are cruising the shallow water right now, temps are down some (52-57.5) and weeds look like they never really did die off this winter in some spots. I like the mid week fishing without the crowds, and the weather was great. Marked some big fish out there, this lake has a FEW in it, and it also was nice to run the graph over some of my past winter spots. refine the winter tactics....while fishing the open water.

fished the narrows for a hour or so last night caught 2 small sunnies. any idea where a guy can find some carp on tonka? any one have first hand knowledge of seeing any carp?

put some corn on and fish the narrows,,,i think you are in the right spot

Windy this weekend on Tonka. Crappies are still inconsistent, get 20 real quick then nothing, been like that for a month, still waiting for them to turn on and now not so sure it will happen at all.

Saw some bass on beds, Muskies in the shallows, weeds are starting to come up so some of the shallow bays are getting messy to fish.

Was out on Tonka last night and worked emerald, Setten and black lakes with success on the sunnys about 3 inches long! Did have a few bass attack the grubs but no pannies to bring home. Any tips on where the slabs are right now?

I was out on cedar today looking for some shallow pannies,but found none only three walleyes shocked nice to see a few and get pumped for next weekend!

Are the any local streams around the metro area that hold chubs? I want to take my son fishing for them because from my experience they are easy to catch and easy to spot...

basset creek in golden valley just north of brookveiw golf coarse has em...used to catchem as a kid then take them bass and pike fishing

Does anyone have the recent water temp for Waconia or Tonka? Have the Crappies moved up?

Does anyone have the recent water temp for Waconia or Tonka? Have the Crappies moved up?

I believe it was 58 and did not see any crappies in shallow. Caught one crappie 10" jigging for eyes in 20 FOW

The lake had to be on fire this weekend! Couldn't make it out this weekend but I'll bet next weekend I'll hear "shoulda been here last weekend!" Cloudy with a spritz of rain or two... PERFECT! Somebody report PLEASE!

Water temp was 68 last night. The sunfish were biting on Lindy rigs with leeches, typical Tonka bite.

Went out with a buddy on Sunday trolling and casting weedlines in the North Arm and a bit of Crystal for pike. We did pretty well, I wouldn't say it was on fire but we caught a few pike and numerous bass each over the course of the afternoon. Nothing with much size though, biggest was in the high 20's. We were mostly casting X-raps. As hotime imagined, each time it started to drizzle the fish did seem to really get active.

Also saw the largest muskie I have ever seen, easily over 50 inches and just thick! I don't have a trolling motor so we were just drifting along when we came up onto the weeds and all of a sudden it was under us. My buddy brought his lure right past its face but it just slowly swam away. Hoping I can find it again sometime later this summer

Also caught a ton of sunnies with about 1 in 4 being eater size in the North Arm before we switched to chasing the pike. They were in the shallows between the inside weed line and shore. We actually caught 3 sunnies on our x-raps and crank bates as well, I guess they are getting pretty aggressive

I've seen some nice muskies pitchin senkos into the weeds. Too bad they're more interested in the bass I catch than the biggest swimbait in my tackebox.

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions