• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

Had a great time last night on Tonka. Pounded the bluegills and crappies. Crappies were stacked up the whole time I was there, avg 10"+ with one 13.5".

Honestly, on Minnetonka it's not all that critical in my experience. Inside turns in the weedline are a #1 choice anywhere. They're even better if the weeds are green and you have the time to find that out. Bigger weedbeds with fairly long runs of straight, then an inside turn before changing direction -- like at the heel of a weedy bar/underwater point -- are excellent.

I've also had success fishing a tip up 10 feet from where I was fishing crappies with no weeds around.

Anyone hear of anyone getting into any good perch lately? Or any spots that have produced in the past? I'd like to switch gears off sunnies and crappies for something different.

Anyone hear of anyone getting into any good perch lately? Or any spots that have produced in the past? I'd like to switch gears off sunnies and crappies for something different.

Yea, I can give you a spot I have caught quite a few perch in over the last few weeks if you could give me a spot where the sunnies are. I am the exact opposite of you.. tired of perch and looking for some other types of action. drop me a line at: a n d r e w p ri ck ette AT Yahoo com

has anyone been out on grays bay on minnetonka since this snow? i only has a van and was doing fine before this last snow so driving is ify sometimes. thanks

Two wheel drive Ranger and need to get back out on Crystal Bay... I cut a road on tuesday, but that was only 2.5 - 3" this is a little more than I dare to since nobody can push me during the week... ? Saturday twenty trucks were out, but now the snow is slowing ME up....

I am fishing Waconia for the first time on Friday. What is the secret jib and bait combo? I plan to bring crappie mins, waxies and some gulp.

anyone fish stubbs bay on tonka in the winter? just wondering to know if i can access it from the landing in maxwell bay?

thanks

We were out on Saturday 2/06/10. Our white Ford Explorer go stuck by the Island. Apparently, we drove into a snow drift about 12" of snow. I just want to say thanks to the guys who helped dug us out on Saturday.

It was tough day, no fish, no bites....I don't understand the lake.

We were out on Tonka (Black Lake) last night, 6-10, the bite was very slow. The fish were down there, it didn't matter how we presented, they would follow but no biters. I caught 2 keeper pannies.

I always hear about guys catching jumbo perch up north but is there jumbos in Tonka? Or anywhere else nearby that people catch them?

Has anyone ever caught a perch out of tonka with no stripes? I got one today...technically they were very very faint, but not noticeable by a quick glance. Also caught a pale silverish crappie with a distinct yellow hue to it. What's causing this?

My guess is global warming.

I caught a crappie out of Medicine tonight that was almost completely silver with very few markings on it. I thought it was kinda weird.

Blame 3 m

if your going to take offense to a obvious joke about a large company in Minnesota that has been caught in the past polluting the waters on Minnesota I apologize ahead of time.

I don't think Tonka or Medicine are on the list of waters that were found to have the 3M chemical. Nice job to try and blame them though. There's also 10,000 people employed by them in this state. Pretty sure our economy would be even worse without them around.

anyone have any info on the driving conditions on prior?

i am probably going to head out tomorrow but with the recent snow and wind i have been hearing people have been getting stuck on many lakes lately.

There are some plowed roads out of Sportsmans and if you have 4 wheel drive you should be ok on most of the lake. Just bring a shovel as there are some drifts and such. Fishing is slow with a few sunfish though nothing of size. Crappies are pretty much a no show now. Spring is the lake for crappies now but again not much for size.

I was being sarcastic about the global warming thing, by the way.

nobody said you weren't.

As for fishing reports, I took the wife out to Tonka tonight and pulled up a few crappies and sunnies. Glow red jigs with minnows were the best combo for our crappies. Only one crappie was over 10", the rest were dinks. Sunnies hit on euros and minnows. The 10" just swam around the hole and didn't take the bobber under. The wife lost a decent one(crappie) at the bottom of the hole, but she didn't know there was a fish on. I actually went to move her bobber stop and pulled up on the line and said you got a fish on here. Fished in 24 FOW everything went back.

Offended because this state would suffer without them being headquartered here. And they also have 3 or 4 manufacturing plants here too. Many of my family is employed there and I have worked there in the past. It doesn't help their cause when people throw out accusations on areas that aren't affected by what happened many years ago, even if you were only joking. Since this is a fishing report thread, let's get it back on track.

I hit tonka last night as well and had to pull the fish up. Sunfish would not bite unless I pulled the lure up about 2 ft higher then they wanted to go. Either they would hit it or go back down. Got three decent sunfish and one Crappie on a minnow. Flasher showed solid fish from 15 ft to 22 ft but most of them were dinks.

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions