• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

Yea, i was West of your spot along with everyone else in about 12 FOW. I didnt bring the camera along, but i'm thinking tomorrow when i get out there i will drop the camera and see whats going on down there. Thanks for Feedback though, and hopefully they start biting here pretty quick!

Was out on Waconia on Saturday fished out by Pillsbury. Very slow only caught one small crappie and marked very few fish. Saw a bunch of sheepshead on the cam which I have never seen before. Thought the walleyes might be nearby but no such luck. Anyone ever seen sheepshead on the cam before? Just so everyone knows I did find some thinner ice. Put the house down on some snow and one of the holes had less than 6" of ice and the others only a little more than 6". Notified In-Towne and they were going to try and mark the area but not sure if they found it. Be careful out there!!

I was out on waconia Early A.M this weekend and didnt have any luck. Alot of SMALL perch, no crappies, no Sunny's, No Nothing But Perch! Wondering if anyone on here was on the Northwest side of the like. I had seen a big group of people int hat direction, but i was having problems with the auger, and was catching anything so i packed up. Bringing the big house out this weekend! Hopefully they start biting soon!

I was out on Independence this morning with no luck, we didn't see very many on the vexilar and it seemed pretty quiet from the people we talked to. The ice was about 7-9 inches.

bobbers where were you on the lake? i was out there this weekend managed one walleye. herd the same thing about it being slow might give it another try tomorrow evening

We went out the access in the park and headed north to small group of houses. Looked around that area and found nothing worth while.

I was on the west side of Tonka and caught my limit of Perch in just under an hour. I was in about 6' of water with swedish pimples and a minnow heads...

Has anybody been having any luck on Upper Prior? It was pretty slow for me this weekend. New to the area so looking for some advice on a couple good spots.

Metro Report: One 19" walleye and two very cold hands.

Edit: by the way, there's nothing more satisfying than picking out a spot on a lake you've never fished and have it pay off. One walleye isn't a huge payoff, but it's enough to know that they use that particular spot.

anprickette......which bay were u in if you don't mind me asking....if you want shoot me an e-mail d _ seifert6 @ hotmail

Rode the snowmobile around Sunday with my daughter on Prior. Only 6 to 7 inches of ice out of sportsmans. A few bigger houses out there that were pulled out with wheelers. Mostly portables though. Talked to a handful of guys fishing the main "common area" out of sportsmans. Daytime bite was good for little 5 inch sunnies.....if that's your bag. I wasn't impressed with the size that's for sure.

hey everyone what is the REGULATIONS on TIP UPS..i seen some people with 5 or 6 to them self...? the dnr website just says two lines through the ice but didnt say anything about tip ups

hey everyone what is the REGULATIONS on TIP UPS..i seen some people with 5 or 6 to them self...? the dnr website just says two lines through the ice but didnt say anything about tip ups

Two lines, regardless of rod or tip-up. If you see people fishing with more than that.....approach them about it, call the TIP line or local CO.

TIP Hot Line- #TIP

wow....where are all the fish at??? spent about 4 hours on minnetonka and only marked like 2 fish....anyone....HELP!!!

I was on Minnetonka tonight and I marked a few but they weren't interested in eating. I was in about 20' in Wayzata Bay.

We've been getting them on Tonka here and there. The bite sure isn't like last year though around this time.

Just after dusk seems to be best, 5:30-7:00. 14' just off the weed edge with a gradual drop off to 30' is where we are finding them.

I Havent gone to tonka yet heard mixed about prior but the crappies and sunnies are hammerin maggots on a genz worm my nieghbor was there yesterday

merry christmas;

tight lines

I was out on Minnetonka today fishing Wayzata Bay. I tried a couple different spots with no luck but finally settled down in about 22'. I was jigging a Buckshot Spoon with a big chub on it and I got some fish to come up and bite, but no hooks.

Me and Mike Thompson did a little fishing saturday on a metro area lake hoping to catch some pannies for the pan...and we did! Once we found 'em we caught lot's of keeper crappies and a few big bluegills. I used the Gulp! Alive Fish Fry the whole time and killed 'em! Great day to be on the ice, although it was a bit sloppy. Enjoy the pics...

nice+gill3.jpg

hole%2Bcrappie.jpg

nice%2Bgill2.jpg

gill4.jpg

crappie+in+hand.jpg

nice+gill.jpg

Very nice!! How deep did you find them? I have not found any in real shallow yet this year, all hanging out in about 25-30 fow so far.

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions