• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tbirath

Input appreciated for North of Pine and Adrian's Road

tbirath

We will be heading up this Thursday to fish North of Pine out of Adrian's road with our portables and would appreciate any input as to where to fish, should we head west or east of Adrian's road and your thoughts on how far out. Snow depth, are we restricted to the plowed roads with our truck? Appreciate any input, thanks for the help.

opsirc

a group of us just came back this evening, we were up friday thru noon today. Adrians roads are in good shape, even with four wheel drive it will be near impossible to get off the plowed roads. there are some places you might be able to, but still tuff. the bite was very slow we spent most of the time in 28-32 feet of water, 2-3 miles out. we parked on the main road then pulled our portables off the road a few yards. no one color seems to do better than any other, stay near the bottom with short jigging motion. hope you have better weather than we did cold with 10-15 mph winds.

O

SDbowhunter

We were there from the 1st to the 4th.

There was no consistency in lures or colors except the hot lure was a chubby darter every day.

We caught the most fish in 27 feet but on other days had better luck in at 21-25 feet deep. We didnt catch anyfish in 33 feet of water.

We also didnt catch many fish in the eater size range maybe 8 for four days of fishing. We caught hundreds of small ones. In my opinion it was a pretty slow fishing or at least not exciting.

J_D

Was out yesterday on adrians road, the road itself is great, but as mentioned above getting off the road is the problem, if you have access to a snowmobile i would definitely bring it, otherwise you are going to be fishing off or very close to the road. fishing was real slow, but with the nasty wind/cold we weren't able to fish as long as we wanted. Also there was a ton of water coming up the holes, had three inches of standing water in the portable which doesn't make for a fun time. Oh well, always next weekend.

tbirath

Thanks for the info, are there any side roads us portable guys can use to get away from the main road?

SDbowhunter

Yes there are alot of side roads but they are still major arteries to houses. A snowmobile would be nice to have if you have one.

icefishingdude

You should have no problem getting off the "main" road. However, just as everyone has said you'll prolly need to use roads going east/west towards resort/lodge houses. I do this fairly often when the snow gets a little deeper...just try to stay a little ways away from the ones in use and you should be fine. Typically, not every house on their road will be in use....also a good way to tell where the resorts think fish will be....they'll try to put ppl on top of them.

18 inch Crappie

They have a road 3.7 miles on the left and one 8.9 miles out on the right at the end of the road just for people like you and me, get teh map when you pay for a pass