• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Umoored Barge Video - Water level updates? Debris?

Just wondering how much debris is coming down from Jordan to the confluence. Are we just dealing with high water or are there a lot of new floaters?

Here is what I found a few hours after I posted this question.

1st video you can hear the barge crunching trees and brush on the shore.

[video:yahoo]th_barge001.jpg

2nd video is some closeups while the barge is floating horizontaly in the river blocking 75% of the river. Notice part of the tree it knocked over actually gets stuck on the barge and gets pulled into the river.

[video:yahoo]th_barge002.jpg

3rd video shows the tug coming to make the stop just in time.

The tug basically charged the barge and pinned it against the opposite shore. The video of that part pretty dark. There was only 1 guy on the tug to secure this barge. He pinned the barge, then ran from the wheelhouse down the stairs and hooked onto the barge by himself.

[video:yahoo]th_barge004.jpg

I heard from a guy today that has a cabin on Bigstone and last thurs or friday they had 6 inches of rain up that way, the lake came up 3-4 feet and the water is pouring over [PoorWordUsage] by bigstone which dumps into lac aparol {excuse my spelling} which dumps into minnesota river, It is coming up like crazy in the courtland new ulm area, I am afraid that it is going to get higher than it was this spring after ice out. People hav Been getting alot of eyes in the redstone area and the culverts by the old highway 15 bridge road, across from Minicon Park, I think the bite will slow down with the high water until it starts to drop again,

There is still some big stuff in the river. As always take it easy and keep an eye out. River is still way up from Jordan on down.... and any time its up there is debris..... I've seen some of the biggest floaters ever this year, including some sections that are blocking off half the river.

Be safe.

Lots of water and debris around henderson and south too. Some large clumps of logs to that looked like a whole log jam let loose

I has a huge log and what looked like 3-5 trees in one bunch flaoting by Jordan last Friday. Big stuff for sure.

The river is still on the rise here in Henderson, it has came up atleast another foot since Monday. It would make fishing a little better if the water would go back into the banks!

Is the ramp in Henderson still totally under water and into the parking lot?

Yes it is in the parking lot. It isnt coming up as fast as it was, but it has came up since Monday. I would assume it should start dropping soon. Then we will have to fight with muddy landings! The creeks have slowed at the mouths. The water is backing up in the creeks and they are starting to look cleaner and better for fishing!

Let me know if your up to going, I will be out tomorrow for sure with Aceinthehole, I do have room for you. And most likely Friday as well.

Can't wait!!!!!!! So how does one launch there boat from the parking lot ? Be very careful I would assume. How are you doing on bait? I was thinking about getting some sucker for some cutbait.

You see what happened to Tiger Woods he's out for the rest of the season. So a R&R would be a good thing to keep you in the game Tom. Looking forward to getting out with ya sometime. Just take it easy. I think I might have a fractured left foot but do you think I would go to the doctor No. I still have 2 months of softball left. Nothing a few pain killers can't take care of for now. Never said I was a smart man, just stubborn. Sorry to get off the topic at hand.

I have enough live bait for fishing, if you want to pick up some for cut bait feel free!

Bunch of junk floating down down river I wouldnt want to run across in a boat this past week.

River is coming back down round mankato.

Well, about 6 hours after posting this thread looking for debris and water updates I was taking this footage and playing a little dodgebarge. This thing was just floating down the river taking out shoreline trees. I called it in and followed it for about 25 minutes. A tug came cruising up the river just in time to stop it from running into two other moored barges. Another 1/8 of a mile and my video would have become real interesting. Not sure how much damage could have been done by this thing but if another barge pushed by a tug had been coming up the river it would have been a bit sticky.

1st video you can hear the barge crunching trees and brush on the shore.

[video:yahoo]th_barge001.jpg

2nd video is some closeups while the barge is floating horizontaly in the river blocking 75% of the river. Notice part of the tree it knocked over actually gets stuck on the barge and gets pulled into the river.

[video:yahoo]th_barge002.jpg

3rd video shows the tug coming to make the stop just in time.

The tug basically charged the barge and pinned it against the opposite shore. The video of that part pretty dark. There was only 1 guy on the tug to secure this barge. He pinned the barge, then ran from the wheelhouse down the stairs and hooked onto the barge by himself.

[video:yahoo]th_barge004.jpg

I swear to the fish gods, I seen that loose barge being pushed up stream by the same tug last night (around 7:30 or 8:00pm), down on the Miss.

Cool video!

wow, can't say I've heard of that happening before.

thanks for sharing.

When I first saw the title I thought maybe yet another person spotted the big white freezer that was floating around the other day.

I saw it one time in Jordan, and then another night it came floating by in Shakopee.

But I know PapaGrump, WWG, Aanderud, and Lowblazah all seen it. grin

Wow. That could have gone bad quickly had it been at night. Thanks for sharing the video...it makes me all the more timid to launch my boat on the river soon. eek

wow, can't say I've heard of that happening before.

thanks for sharing.

When I first saw the title I thought maybe yet another person spotted the big white freezer that was floating around the other day.

I saw it one time in Jordan, and then another night it came floating by in Shakopee.

But I know PapaGrump, WWG, Aanderud, and Lowblazah all seen it. grin

Is this going to be like the infamous box fan (w/stickers) thread.

Now that is a floater! Here I thought those little 50 foot trees were things to worry about.

My rough KOTC measurement for this is 1800 inches by 1240 inches. I just have to ballpark it since I didn't have my tapemeasure. cool

Thats not what you want to see floating down the river at you when your motor would start. Holy Cow!!!