• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jeff, with the govt building it, that bridge will be 4 million.

They should just hire us fishermen to give rides across, then we will have something to do, when the fish arent biting.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• pureinsanity

• wastewaterguru

• ec30_06

Ha yeah 4 million +. I just don't see enough people using a pedestrian bridge there, but they need to get that trestle down before someone falls off that thing.

One thing for certain, you wouldnt catch me crossing that bridge. I like to keep my feet on the ground. I wonder if that bridge would hold up to a flood?

Wow that is really tragic Dennis. I always get the creeps when I go fish that trestle or the area around it. I just get bad juju's around there.

Cause there is no way I'm going to cross that thing. First of all I can't be getting in any stupid legal trouble (yeah I know it's unlikely), and I'm not going to carry my 40 lb backpack, 40 lb baitbucket, two rods, a chair around my shoulder, etc etc over that bridge.

40lb back pack? that's a lot of lead sinkers. 40lb bait bucket? what you feeding them bullies. I want some of that food for mine if it gets them 10 inches and FAT.

40lb back pack? that's a lot of lead sinkers. 40lb bait bucket? what you feeding them bullies. I want some of that food for mine if it gets them 10 inches and FAT.

8lbs a gallon of water so if his bait bucket is 5 gals but then no room for bait grin

For trip like that you would wanna pack light may be only 20 pounds in the pack and smaller bait bucket... grin

I picked up a back pack chair and love it. I just bring the bare necessities with me. with the chair on my back, I am able to get two rods, and bait pretty easily. Occasionally i bring my back pack but it goes to a belly pack. Like one of those baby carriers smile

One thing I always do is travel with as little of water in my bait bucket as possible. With the river steps away I just fill it with river water when I get to my desired spot.

Nice Bobby lol, that is what popped into my head. Do you think the removal of the logjam and bridge make this area safer? I have gone through there in higher water but generally stay away from the area after dark.

The trestle is not a safe place after dark. I treat it as black dawg. Never go there after dark frown

If they were to build it I would cross in no problems. Why not if you fall in your 20 ft above water oh dam I got wet.

Heck yeah man that bait bucket is freakin' heavy. Aerator/bullies/water/etc. In my backpack I have everything I ever need (flashlights, knives, tons of different hooks/sinkers/tackle, first aid stuff, pliers, etc etc etc. It might not be 40 lbs but it's heavy! Gotta remember that I am not a huge guy..I am carrying well over half my body weight to those shore spots which we both know can be far from where we park.

Heck yeah man that bait bucket is freakin' heavy. Aerator/bullies/water/etc. In my backpack I have everything I ever need (flashlights, knives, tons of different hooks/sinkers/tackle, first aid stuff, pliers, etc etc etc. It might not be 40 lbs but it's heavy! Gotta remember that I am not a huge guy..I am carrying well over half my body weight to those shore spots which we both know can be far from where we park.

Im carrying close to that same amount and then almost twice your body weight smile you think you got it bad. Trying being a big guy smile right kev

That could be modified for shore fishing. That would be a little spooky hearing that thing going through the woods at night.

lol thats sweet

And ya you might get shot coming through the woods with that thing at night, but if you could get a horn that played Dixie I think you would be safe.

Keven I am calling you muscular. Gordie, If I carry Jeff out to a shore spot hes going to be used as my sinker. specially during high water.

Haha Ya maybe a mix of both these days.

oh that's right you've been cruising on your 10speed at work these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled this of the CC website, looks like those logs they moved are stuck in one spot. frown

MN%20River%20Carver.jpg

Yeah, I'm wondering how they thought all that stuff would just wash away? They might have bought themselves a little time with the Duck Crane, but that log pile should have been dealt with A LONG TIME AGO.

If you look really hard at the log in the center you can see one of my lost circle hooks and 8oz sinkers. laugh