• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have the solution for you guys with RP's to get over the carver trestle... Do not try this with a prop!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• pureinsanity

• wastewaterguru

• ec30_06

That was probably the dumbest idea ever

I give him an 8.5! Shakey landing, but otherwise good air and nice distance..

I would rather jump my boat on a wood ramp than a hard packed river bank full of rocks like these guys...

I have the solution for you guys with RP's to get over the carver trestle... Do not try this with a prop!

">

Someone hasn't been following along, you are about a year late on that video laugh

Sorry! I just registered a month ago. So i had no clue..

Honestly, a couple boats (one jet and maybe a prop if allowed), couple of good thinking river rats, a couple of free days and the right equipment, anything can be done. It is just getting it together and doing it is the problem. grin Look what was done by the group a couple weeks back wink

I am ready grin

Turkeysthedogsbackyardaftertreeswhe.jpg

Think your going to need help in the life jacket department there Shack. What is that thing, 20 years old? grin

Ditch all that stuff except the gas can and a lighter and add a few tires and some dynomite and that river will be wide open and possibly much deeper...

I say use the chainsaw to cut enough trees down to make a giant snag above the rapids so that's impassible and leave the snag at the bridge alone and just consider that in between area to be a flathead sanctuary. wink

I like where your going Rush. Plant enough Mt. lions in that stretch and we'd have our very own Jurassic Park.

Shack...........You have WAY to much time on your hands.

BTW, I'm in smile. TXT me

Right now I have Mad cutting skillz going on! I had a long drawn out post at first of what I did last week with a bunch of pics, but figured I would just leave it at that. wink

Hanson I think that is your life jacket? No, I had the stuff out and just grab one of the kids pool jackets for added filler to the image. grin

Had to do a bunch of tree removal last week under pressure. Used a saw since I was around 15, but only have a tree here and their the last couple years. Back in the game. I can sharpen a chain saw blade in under a couple minutes now. Fell a 3' plus round at the base oak 60' high in the dark and have it limbed and the trunk cut up in 8' chucks in about 15 minutes. wink This and did not kill myself or crush my house. IMO right now that pile in carver does not look all that big of a deal. Once my sore muscles heal some I would love to at least try and get that pile ready for next spring. Just need my saws, about 5 gal of 40:1, 2 gal of bar oil, a couple of 7/32nd rat files, a regular screw driver, my steel toes, a cooler of diet pepsi, and someone to drop me off at the pile/sandbar in the middle wink Might make more of a mess, but got the gusto to give it bell right now or in a couple weeks.

I would have took a match and fuel to that pile in my youth, but now I would have regrets if the town of Carver burned down. Maybe get channel 5 out their to watch lol.

shack I'll grab my saw as well and give you a hand. thwe only problem is next spring it will either be worse or it'll be worse I guess there is no either. gas and a match would be considered arson and that could be jail time grin

guess we could make it a get together of sorts grin could be a lot of fun and of course lots of work

If we planned somthing for early Sat. Morning late August, I think that would be a great idea. I know who would be their and I am sure more would come. If we did get something planned (even a small group) I would have no problem contacting a HS friend who is reporter for one of the big four channels in town. Or just contact all of them. Saftey first, cause I know I am not going to get hurt, bit the news media does not know this lol!

I am booked the next three weekends, butaybe the 29th of Aug. Or the or the 12the of Sept. I know for the most part the weather during the weekend days has been good this summer, so I think that should not be an issue.

I will do in the name of KOTC. Plus I am pumped to cut a bunch of wood again grin

guess we could make it a get together of sorts grin could be a lot of fun and of course lots of work

Ya that is what I posted and was thinking yesterday.

Give it a try on a bigger scale or at least say we tried. At least make a sizable attempt and maybe a dent?

Interesting idea your starting to get going..... has consideration been given to putting all this wood in the river on a weekend? Maybe not an issue if it takes the wood a 24-36 hrs to get to chaska.... but I would hate to hear of any incidence involving collision due to the release in the river of anything associated with this project.

Personally, (even though I don't know a ton about this) I think it's a bad idea for some dedicated, motivated amatures to attempt. Not that the thought isn't good but something as big as this undertaking should at least be planned by someone with intimate knowledge of cutting logs in current.

There could be some unseen consequenses of removing the log jam that we are unaware of?

I will say Boys you will need bigger than a 36" bar on your chainsaws. When we made a scratch threw there earlier this year my Brother-In-Law who has been a logger ever since he has been 10 years old with a family owned buisness did all of are cutting and he has a Jonsered 98 cc chainsaw with a 36" bar. Just so you no what size that is equivelent to is a YZ 80 dirt bike!! But still was no easy task for the saw! There is a termendous amount of current in there! And I can guarantee that a 36" bar isn't going to be enoguh for some of that stuff. To all that will atempt to do this good luck and stay safe. But so ya know I will be hangin on the sidelines This Time! I was lucky enough last time and it wasn't near the task as it is now!

That was probably the dumbest idea ever

"Disagree" That was awsome... I wish I could shake this guys hand laugh

Honestly, a couple boats (one jet and maybe a prop if allowed), couple of good thinking river rats, a couple of free days and the right equipment, anything can be done. It is just getting it together and doing it is the problem. grin Look what was done by the group a couple weeks back wink

I am ready grin

These are logs Not Branches!! laugh

No offense guys, but I am not gonna be surprised when I hear about somebody getting crushed or drowning out there. You guys be careful.