• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

on sunday when we drilled i had to put my extention on and my ice scoop is just over 3ft long and i had to put my hand in the water to touch bottom of ice?

Any recent reports, I am headed up in the morning to Morris Point we are thinking we may head to the end of Adrians road.

I cancelled my trip up there this weekend, I didn't want to go swimming for pike!!! There is always next year!

there was still 3.5 ft of ice as of tuesday up on long point, my 8x16 sleeper is still up there in teh staging area so i hope it still good haha

Where I had my house on the west road at LP this last weekend I measured 26" with a Stanley tape measure. The most I mesutred out there this winter was 31" and that was 15' from my stepson's fish house and he measured 24" under his house.

Daily Fishing Report (March 11, 2010): Today will be overcast, high 41F with winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight we should get rain showers early becoming more intermittent overnight, low 32F with winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 40% chance of rain. Tomorrow we should see showers early becoming less numerous later in the day, high 43F with winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 40% chance of rain. Tomorrow night should be mostly cloudy skies, low 33F with winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Saturday should be mostly cloudy, highs in the mid 40s and lows in the low 30s. Sunday should be cloudy, highs in the mid 40s and lows in the low 30s. Monday should be mostly cloudy, highs in the mid 40s and lows in the upper 20s. Then the next few days it will continue to get colder, with even snow on Friday (the 19th) and Saturday (the 20th), which should help us out for next weekend. Today’s fishing report will come from me and our guides. Pink, White and Gold are still the magic colors on Lake of the Woods. Vexilars are not a must, but suggested…I won’t even fish if I don’t have a Vexilar these days. Today our houses outside of Lighthouse Gap in 16 – 24 feet of water did fairly well, some of the gentlemen that I talked to picked up 30 plus fish each, so keep that on your radar this weekend…you don’t have to go as far for good fishing. We just went back to the Reefs today for the first time in a few days and I have yet to get a report, but will post that tomorrow. People are having good success out at the end of Adrian’s Road in 32 to 36 feet of water. The road is still drivable as of today, but please call Adrian’s for the current reports. Snowmobiles are still you’re best bet as of this weekend…there is still snow on the ice. The lures showing the best success rates are the “Gold Disco Ball aka Strobe Jig by JB’s Tackle”, “Charmer Jig (Pink) by Tom’s Tackle, the Pink or White Florescent “Stop Sign”, “Macho Minnows” and “Chubby Darter/Rapala Rattling Jig” (all can be purchased at the Log Cabin Bait store approximately ¾ of a mile before the Wigwam on 172). Use anything that glows right now, whether it is pink or white. Also give the plain gold jigs/Disco aka “Strobe” balls a try. The ice thickness out there is currently 32-34 inches on the big body of water and 24-28 inches in Four Mile Bay. Adrian’s road is open for business, but with the weather, I would only bring something with 4 wheel drive, but as I indicated earlier, call Adrian’s for the up to date report. Fishing has been a tad bit slow the past few days during the mid day hours, but smoking hot from 4:15 to dark. As anyone who has fished before knows, it can’t be gang busters all the time, even if we want it to be. Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods; come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

Wigwam Fisherman

Wigwam Resort

JP thanks for posting that report and saving us a step! Me and my crew have been glued to this site for the past two weeks as we are heading up on the 19th. One minute it looks like a bust and the next hour you hear good things about the bite and "ok" roads time will tell.

thanks,

Meat-Run

Talked to the group at my sleeper now and they are doing very very well. They tried yesterday out deep and only got tiny saugers but today have had there hands full in the house.

I went out of Adrian's yesterday, out to 35', had an incredible flurry from 1-2pm, enough to almost fill out during that time frame, kept only 16-19 inchers, nothing bigger than that. Road by the island was getting pretty bad, and a lot of water at access points. Went out of Morris Pt the day before (29'), hot time was 4-5pm. If you are driving a sled or wheeler you're gonna want to wear gortex or rain gear or you will be soaked.

Just got back from Whiskey Jack Flats area.

We fished Wed afternoon, all day Thursday, and until 3pm yesterday.

Our best day was Wed afternoon from 1 to about 4..

Thursday we got 3 fish by noon, did OK mid-afternoon, and 2 fish after 4pm. Saw a lot of fish on the graph through the midday hours as well.

Friday was HORRIBLE. One dink, one 14 inch sauger and one 12 inch walleye. We didnt graph hardly anything all day long.

We fished in 28 ft of water and threw the tackle boxes at the fish.

Morning and evening bite was non-existent.

Man, I have never seen so much water on top of the ice. Pretty wierd feeling driving in 6-12 inches of water for 8 miles back to the shore. Definitely would be an experience for someone who has never been ice fishing before. laugh

we fished over pine agian wed and thur and had the best bite out of 8 times up there two guys 130 fish and i finaly got my hog 32 inchers 11lbs also got 5 fish over 23inches pulled the house homen after all the water on the ice for those going up yet in march i would get up there soon because i think the road is going to be done after the end of this week or early next week

hunter21: I think Adrians is going to close after the weekend. I would call and check with them. Other roads may be in better shape.

we started fishing around 11:15am thursday didnt catch any till 4:15pm then it was game on.didnt catch ant slot fish but realy nice eyes 15 to 17 inch with a few decent saugers.friday mornin about 6:30 am same thing with 2 18inchers and a few decent saugers.around 11:00 am it died off.we were geting a few here and there till around 2:30 started to catch some more then that was it last fish friday was at 3:43 and nothin after that.saturday mornin started fishing at 6:30 am 7 am rolled around and fishing was on.7 am till 8:30 was great fishing with 1 nice perch and 1 19inch walleye the rest were 15 to 17 inches.then it was time to pack up and pull the sleeper to the sand bar.fishing was realy awesome.the sand bar was a mess except were the trucks were going on the rubber matts.heading back up on wednesday for more fun.

What do you think the roads will be like this coming week. We are heading up 18th thru the 21st.

as of yesturday the roads are in good shape.main street is a little messy and bumpy.it all depends on if the bay holds out or not.the looked good but that creek is started to flow on to the bay.i would call be3fore you head up or you can take 4whgeelers out of craceton landing im sure

Hey mnhunter, good to talk to you on sat. morning. we went out to our house and two of us caught fish right away in the house,was very good sat. nice fish too the guy not catching in the house went out and used your holes and he too was catching fish. was steady all day rattling flyer and gold with white glow raise em up a little and the fish were nailing it. we moved into where you were sat late and caught 15 more sunday morning the bay was getting kinda ugly Deanna was telling people that were coming up monday to bring wheelers so not sure how long road will be open we had a great year will be back next year.. will talk to ya then TERRY

glad you guys did great.you guys caught some in the afternoon by my house???im headed back up on wednesday mornin hopefully to catch the mornin bite in that spot 4 sure.

Fished out of Wheelers point we had a great time but not for any effort on their part. We rented a sleeper from them and after finding out the bite out deeper and them not moving us at all we took it upon ourselves and went mobile on our own. Good thing its was warm and there were plenty of open holes.Anyhow it was a fantastic weekend of fishing, We came home with our limits of both eyes and sauger. The hot bait was the northland doodlebug's in glow pink or gold with a glow pink back also the northland dropper spoons in glow redfish. Fished in the sleeper about 2 miles off Pine Island then went mobile after the morning bite ended moved out into deeper water. Shack was in 22ft and the morning and evening bite was awesome but would shut down around 9am and would start again at around 5pm so we would move into 25-30ft and the bite was consistent during the day. No big fish to speak of over 24. We estimate we caught approx 130 fish mix of eyes and sauger. Ice is getting soft but there is plenty of it.There was water on top of the ice on Friday when we went out but it disappeared by Saturday. Wheelers is pulling all their shacks and only doing day shacks on a day to day basis.We won't go back next year to them.

Also if anyone can recommend a good cheap motel/hotel it would be appreciated as we are doing it on our own next year.

fished out of zipple yesterday and this am, caught about 80 fish for 4 of us, mostly saugers with a few nice walleyes mixed in. dead stick plain hook, and gold spoons were best for us. wheelers only from here on out was what the boss lady said as we left this afternoon.

Hi mnhunter, I wasn't to far from you last weekend and had similar results at approximately the same times. I think you were outside about 10:00pm. on Friday when I was looking for a place to park my house. I saw a little green light moving around when I turned around near you.

I got a 28 on sat night. Lots of 15-17's and a few slot fish. Lots of action. And there were not any people by me. Another great time on Zippel.

Same here. Fished for 3.5 days out on Lunker lane to the north. House number 94 in 30 fow. 4 people, Caught 155 sauger/walleye. Mostly eaters. No big walleyes and 2 northerns. Already signed up for next year.

i belive you didnt do good they have had them in the same spot all year i'm sorry but you have to move the house where the fish are

i know zipple move there houses steady.if im not on fish i move for sure.

theres 2 or 3 motels in warroad. otherwise check out the Royal Dutchmen it is 3 miles east of baudette on the river. I am staying there this weekend coming up as we fish for Pike.