• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

River is open and rising and Ice is flowing

Ice is flowing...... big chunks drifting down. Decided to take the bobcat down and clear a launch. Much to my surprise there was a trailer at the landing that had launched.

They were happy to say the least when they pulled up to see that the snow and mud cleared for an easy pull out.

Looks like I will be putting the boat in this weekend. Woo Hooo

Lyndale or Cedar? After we left Bob's we checked out a couple spots right there in MPLS and then drove by the 'Sota. Glad to see some open water again. \:\)

Anybody know if it would be worth trying from shore at all this weekend? Im really starting to get the itch for open water. I guess theres only one way to find out!

I was in carver this morning so i decided to make a quick stop down at the river to check things out. The water is still really low and i was surprised to see that there was very little open water.

Originally Posted By: ec30_06
I was out dodging ice bergs(and making some) yesterday.

that didn't take long!

time to start playing Dodge-Log....

Tons of ice coming down river yesterday. I had to pull over to the shore and wait it out at one point. Sure would suck to suck up slush in a RP this time of year, water was 33-34.5 degrees.

Did you catch anything? I am going to go out Saturday for some crawler dippen, its been to long!

Saw on the way to work this morning lots of chunk ice flowing under the Ferry Bridge too now....come on 50's and 60's

Mostly rough fish so far. Might check out henderson today, it was still froze up in the first bend up yesterday .

I was through Belle Plaine and Blakely yesterday and the river is open in stretches but, looks to be some bigger sheets of ice yet floating around.

It shouldn't be long with some warmer temps and a little rain.

Rough fish! Them spring carp are the best! I seen the ice jam up stream from the bridge yeasterday as well.

Ok thanks! I plan on fishing all day Saturday, I just dont know if I am going to the lake, or going river fishing. If the ice is safe for me to get out with the atv, I may go to the lake, if it isnt I will be fishing the river for some bigger fish.

This is the kinda snow that can raise a river fast. All we need now is warm temps and rain.

Originally Posted By: DARK30

This is the kinda snow that can raise a river fast. All we need now is warm temps and rain.

*chuckle* the prop on the SS Bathtub says bring on the rain :ouch:

Was really expecting the river to jump this week, but the Jordan gauge has stabilized at around 9.5 feet for the last couple days. I have a feeling that today's thaw is going to change that in a hurry.

How about some ice reports....I know there are still some impassable areas out there.

The swing bridge at Superior Minerals (Savage) had a ice jam in front of it as of Saturday......

Shakopee first bend up from the ramp was still impassable as of yesterday.

Almost all of the ice that has been blocking my paths is cleared out, or at least passable. Still a ton of thick ice upstream from mankato that we may have to deal with yet. Hopefully it stays up there and melts instead of blowing out and heading my way.