• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hot Lure, Size, Color?

Heading up to Walleye Retreat with the wife and another couple this weekend. I am wondering if anyone will divulge what their hot lures, sizes, and colors have been lately? Thanks!

Roscoe16

Golds, Glow white, Glow red, glow pink, and pink and white are some really good colers up there. Try the buckshot rattle in spoons 1/4 oz ,chubby darters #3 or #4 ,rattlin varmints 1/4 oz and forage minnows 1/4 oz for your jigging rod, then on your deadstick put on anything with them colors you want. Good luck hope this helps. A bare hook with some color can work good to at times.

Yip...Ray summed it up...What he mentioned, is exactly what I make sure I bring up to LOW. However, if you talked or looked at my fathers rigs, nothing but a plain hook. And this year, he has out fished me with his plain hooks!

we had the best luck with green, pink and orange all white glow in the dark. most bites came from shiners. any thing up high on the graph go after, i caught a 26inch walleye 16ft down in 34 ft water, buddy also caught a 40 inch ski about the same depth. and a 42inch ski on the bottom in 2 days two fish both pushed 20lbs nice fish and a good time.

Hey Buck slayer where did you guys go out of and as far as limits go how did you do? I have been up a couple times and caught the biggest walleyes suspended ten to twelve feet off bottom just like you mentioned. Wonder why there doing that? Well I be going back in one week from today hopefully catch the hogs.

The bigger walleyes are probably chasing tullibees at them depths. I have caught some pretty nice eyes ten feet down in 30 feet of water.

we were in the mud in 30 fow, 2-6 inches off bottom. Small gold or white jigs worked, or a split shot with a #4 gamagatsu(?sp) octopus hook both red and orange, all tipped with a full fathead, and use an ice buster bobber to balance it perfectly.