• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My Scott got a baby brother

DEADhead

After picking up a Scott ARC 1008/4 last month, I couldn't pass up on seconds. I picked up another deal on a Scott ARC 956/4, a 9'6" 6 weight (4 piece). This has the same progressive taper as the 8 wt, and has a fighting butt to boot!

Scott ARC 6wt

arc6wtxu8.jpg

big brother, baby brother

biglittlebrotheryd4.jpg

I also got an extremely good deal on a new reel and line from a "superbowl special". The 6 wt setup will be indentical to the 8 wt: Lamson Velocity Hard Alox (size 2) and Scientific Anglers Steelhead taper.

I should be able to give the old one-two punch to the fish with these setups.

Is it spring yet? grin.gif

Yeah, so far 2008 has been the year for gear. I've got the new Patagonia Double Haul pack coming on Monday. It is redesigned for 2008 and is modular so the chest pack and hip pack can be worn independently of each other. It looks awesome and should be pretty versatile, especially for travelling light.

It's been nice, with my wife now working as a 0.5, there's finally been some funding available for "capital improvements". I've still got more gift cards from xmas and my birthday to use yet too. Should be a fun year.

Yup, once you go Scott, you’ll never look back – I “collect” the old, old ones. I just recently acquired a San Francisco era G series 8’8” 3 wt. the thing still had the plastic on the cork, it was brand new and never taken out of the tube, a heck of find. Those ARC’s are a little fast for my taste, but nice rods nonetheless. Yes sir, a huge Scott fan.

The current Scott count in my house hold is 5; all but one is at least 10 to 15 years old. Lamson reels? Got a bunch of them too.