• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weather concerns?

Just wondering if anyone has any opinion on the bite this weekend given the weather forecast. I was planning on going out of Arneson's but would wait for a better weekend if this cold is going to mess things up. Any opinions?

Im going up this weekend also. Weather is already cold up there. The forcast shows nothing much worse.-11 tonight, -15 Friday and -14 Sat. The barometer is at 29.93 and steady. Steady is the KEY!! I dont think fishing will be bothered much at all. At least I hope not. LOL. goodluck!

Beavers....Well I dunno, I've watched that barometer bounce pretty major the past 48 hours. After mondays -19 degree temp with the barometer reaching 30.32 it then hit 26 degrees yesterday and the barometer hovered for a bit in the 29.60's, 19 for the overnite low. Cloudy with a southerly wind and 22 degrees this morning at 9am and the barometer read 29.59. Since then the wind has shifted to the NW, the sun popped out, the temp fell to 9 and my barometer now reads 29.98 and appears to be still climbing.

A guy may have to just fish harder! Who knows maybe they'll be snappin good come this weekend??

fiskyknut

Thanks for the input guys. I still can't decide, the best day of fishing I've ever had there it was -25 with a stiff wind, but I am a little concerned with the pressure. I guess even a bad day at LOW is better than any day in the cities.

I've had tough luck on even the nicest of days ice fishing, I've made plans. to go, so I go. Deep an away from crowds. Boar