• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is the snowmobile trail open?

Just wondering if anyone knows if the snowmobile trail from wheelers point up in to canada is open/maintained? I hope to put on a few miles if the fishing gets slow. i suspect it will be bumpy with the winds that have gone through there making drifts. how often do they groom it? thanks for the info!

Yepper they were staked a couple of weeks ago. I think they're groomed weekly.

fiskyknut

Hey Fisky: Your the man in the know. I understand that you must have skis on the front and tracks on the back with a Snowmobile licence and trail trag to run the trail to Knight and Bridges, but is there another trail for those of us who have tracks on all four corners and no trail sticker. How do the resorts get their houses out there?? I'll be up in a week and want to go out to Knight and Bridges. What is the best way??? Kaz confused.gif

Yepper that is kind of a ?? or dilema is'nt it when it comes to those 4 tracked units. I'm not sure how stickler the CO's and Sherriffs are on ATV's such as yours on the designated trails either. Have you spoke with Charlie and crew in re. to this? When you have tracks on an ATV is it still registered as such or do you have to get OHV tags? I gots no answer for you buddy!!!

The resorts pull huts with Bombers and track vans. I was up there 2 maybe 3 times last year where we had departed from the east side and we went up via snowmobiles on a Bomber track, not the groomed snomobile track. I know it was a Bomber track because we passed a couple.

Man oh man was I surprised at the number of resort houses way out there last year compared to years past. I was a tad dissappointed to roll way up to a waypoint on a small pile and found 4 resort huts spread accross it. Bet there was close to 40 or 50 resort huts scattered on or around the piles out around there.

Being you did'nt make her up in December I bet you're just about ready eh!!!

Take care....Norm

I was up at Knight and Bridges yesterday and I only ran across 1 crack that was about 12" wide but I came from the Long Point area. That was about the only excitement I had all day! Fishing was not very good for us and we hopped around to 5 different locations. I can verify that the trail was marked through that area. The trail looked to be in excellent condition.

Jason

www.hardwateradventures.com

[email protected]

thanks for the update! i wonder if the warm weather will make it tough for the sled this weekend? we will have to see!