• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Confluence Action?

Anybody having any luck fishing the confluence area lately? I'm debating whether to hit pike island, lilydale, harriet island, or SSP over the next couple of days. email me please if you do not want to post. I'll mainly be fly fishing or throwing plastics from shore. Thanks.

I fished this area last Sunday morning, and am sorry to say I didn't have a very good day. Nothing at the confluence and nothing but a small white bass up to the dam. I was trolling a #5 Shad Rap firetiger or perch. Tried casting the rock rip rap at the dam with a jointed Shad Rap perch with no luck. Tried casting a few current breaks with no luck. The current has picked up a little and with the forecast may pick up some more. Hopefully the water temps will start coming down.

Fished by the confluence Saturday night with decent. Using sassy shads I was able to pick up a couple smallies, sheepies, with a stray white bass and crappie. Surprisingly I havent got a walleye or sauger there in a while, maybe too much poaching???

I hit the confluence and fished around pike island yesterday afternoon. nothing. saw one dinky perch follow my plastic to shore. Debating about whether or not to go back this afternoon for more punishment. If nothing else, I found a few agates and got about 6 or 7 miles under my belt yesterday.

Confluence fun doesnt start until we lose at least another 8-10 degrees, steady. I notice its best in the upper 50's or lower. The bait fish arent all there yet.

Fun fun

went back yesterday afternoon and hiked the shore up to minnehaha. caught a couple smallies, one ok sized, and a white bass. There were a few baitfish around, but not alot like you had mentioned channelfats. I agreee that it is early for the action to pick up.

whiterd6.jpg

Was out Saturday as well in a buddies boat, really slow. next time won't forget the fatheads