All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Had a family reunion on beaver lake on Saturday. Spent the morning out on the lake and caught close to 50 bass, with a few hammer handles. Most bass were just little guys, but I did hook into a 19.5 inch beast. Early morning was real slow, but once 5 minute rain storm blew through, the action really picked up. Lake really exceeded my expectations.
  3. Totally agree with Del. You don't need to skip the walleye fishing altogether, but you picked a tough time of year for walleye fishing. Focus on other species which are plentiful, and then try your luck at the eyes here and there. You might get lucky with a storm front, a walleye chop, or some plain old good luck.
  4. Wanderer

Pics Please

You might have something there.
  5. HunterFisher11

Upgrade

Yep little bit early to start thinking about ice fishing but want to upgrade my tv antenna on the fishhouse, so have a buddy that got a new fishhouse last year and it came with the King Jack antenna and he loves it so am thinking of putting it on mine, was wondering if anyone else has one and how they liked it? Also how hard is it to install???
  6. Yesterday
  7. Chad, looks like a heck of a view. Have fun trying to decide which place to spend time at!
  8. CigarGuy

Muskies On The Big V?

I'm not a muskie guy, but you'll have better luck posting this on the lake vermilion thread
  9. That was a fat one! We don't know smallies so even if we had measured it, we would have released it just the same not realizing what we may have done.
  10. eyeguy 54

Pics Please

shoulda had my paddle in the pic
  11. Wanderer

Pics Please

I got nuthin’ I think @Hoey has my favorite motor pic.
  12. That’s a dandy BobT. Good birthday gift for your BIL! I agree with @DonkeyHodey, it’s all in the girth when they get over 20-21 inches. My heaviest weighed on a scale went 7.5 lbs and was 22 inches. It was the thickest smallie I’ve ever seen live. I couldn’t believe the weight so I weighed it twice. Plus camera angles just can’t always do a fish justice. Me holding my fish made it look like a heavy 5. It looked more for real when my brother held it. Laying in the net on 22.5 inch bump board. That one took my breath away; made me shake for a while. Those toads will do that; congrats again!
  13. 29 1/2 Incher. Biggest of the year.
  14. If you want to have fun, get over the Walleye obsession. Bass and pike are also around and also fun to catch.
  15. Going to be staying in daisy bay first week of August I know it is not the best time of year to be fishing but I will take what I can get family rented a cabin and I am wondering how the fishing is in that area will be looking for walleyes does anyone have and advice on the area things to try such as areas, baits etc. any info would be great
  16. I would come but I don't want to hog all the prizes. But honestly I won't be around this weekend but heading up either Monday or Tuesday. Hope they have a great turnout as it is for a really good group!!
  17. Beautiful fish, Bob! FWIW, I like the following (printed from a study from Michigan DNR) length/weight chart... https://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/SMII_Assembled_Doc_2017_final_552610_7.pdf It's pages and pages of scientific mumbo-jumbo: BUT, if you can click to Chapter 17, pages 5-9, you'll find an awesome length/weight chart that is what I use to guage my fish (as this includes numerous sport but also non-game fish (burbot, redhorse, etc...), which can be hard to find... ) (BTW, I like the fact the Michigan bass are probably more reflective of what I'll catch in Minnesota than a Texas bass growth/length/weight chart...) By their measurements, a 24 inch smallie should be north of 7# but probably not 8 unless it was a big ol' fatty... But don't fret; your fish is a trophy regardless! ('Course I'm pretty sure the fish I caught, unwitnessed and undocumented was bigger...)
  18. Public can meet local wildlife staff and learn about upcoming hunting season changes Local wildlife managers across the state are again inviting the public to come to open house meetings to ask their deer-related questions and offer thoughts on deer issues. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is dedicating time from mid-August to early September to discuss deer-related topics including upcoming hunting regulation changes that will be released in early August. Specific time and location details are available on the deer plan webpage at mndnr.gov/deerplan. These local, open house meetings are a way to encourage conversations about deer and deer management, enhance local relationships and foster two-way communication between the DNR and the public. The DNR began the meetings last year with the release of its statewide deer management plan. This is the second dedicated opportunity for conversation about deer-related topics this year; the first meetings were held in March and April. “After the productive discussions we had in spring, we’re really looking forward to the additional conversation at these open houses,” said Barbara Keller, the DNR’s big game program leader. “These events are great opportunities for people to learn more about specific regulations changes this year and get their questions answered as we approach hunting season. They also provide an opportunity for us to receive public input that will help us plan for the coming year.” In addition to discussing general concerns about deer, individuals can ask DNR staff about last year’s harvest data, provide topics that the DNR’s deer advisory committee should be aware of, and discuss upcoming hunting season changes. Regulations for the 2019 season will be released in early August and reflect disease management needs, as well as feedback that was gathered from surveys and open house meetings in the spring. The open houses do not include formal presentations; people can arrive any time during the scheduled meeting times. The DNR encourages people who can’t attend a scheduled meeting, but who have questions about deer management, to contact a local wildlife manager. A list of area wildlife offices is available online at mndnr.gov/areas/wildlife. More about the Minnesota deer management plan The DNR released the Minnesota White-Tailed Deer Management Plan in July 2018, setting new goals and priorities, increasing formal opportunities for people to influence deer decisions, and aiming for a disease-free deer population. The plan was a result of two years of planning that involved statewide meetings and hundreds of in-depth conversations with the public and interest groups. The full plan is available on the DNR website at mndnr.gov/deerplan. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
  19. I will be headed up to vermillion later this week to hunt some monsters with some friends. Generally we dont make it up until late August, any tips on where the fish tend to be hanging out these days? Have they started moving shallow or they still lounging in the bays, and over bottom transitions? We will be staying on the east end and looking for a good starting point as time will be limited to 3 days.
  20. My father in-law and I got out Saturday from 9-11:30am and 8-10:30pm trying a few new spots. We found crazy amounts of perch and sunnies with a few pike mixed along the weed edges. Once again the eyes eluded us but was nice to be on the water
  21. I fished on Cross for a couple hours on Sat morning (6-8am) and caught two 14" eye and a couple pike. One eye was on a jig/leech and the other on a silver Flickr Shad. 17ft. The sunfish were relentless on plucking leeches off my jig if I wasn't moving fast enough or got up into the weeds a bit. Nice morning to be out, but the lack of breeze and full sun it was hot by 8:30.
  22. snagfinder

What's In The Tank?

I tried pieces of wax worm , corn, some kind of fish food flakes found in the garage. The first worm I dropped in got eaten that was it. Had them about a month then got rid of them.
  23. eyeguy 54

Pics Please

My first 11 incher
  24. Please show us your best fish pic of 2019. Here is a triple caught on a lake off a logging road in Northern Minnesota.
  25. There are a lot of shore fishing spots on the Minnesota to chase flatties. Find a flat with deep water nearby and if you can find a place where the river is pushing into a granite face, even better. Fish the drop off edges to the flat into deep water or right where the river is flowing onto the granite face.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• Lee

Lee 0

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • scott-z

scott-z 0

• JFitz

JFitz 32

• Dan85