All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow! As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs. Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!! The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure. -Cheers! Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525
  3. The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow! As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs. Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!! The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure. -Cheers! Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525
  4. Today
  5. I live just off the Rum near walbo. Water high deer flies horrible. Yes good smallie and walleye when water down to normal. To high right now in my opinion.
  6. I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that when the dnr guys pull their seine on my beach they get 150 or so nice perch? Run up to 4 or 5 inches. They seine at a number of places around the lake 4 times every July and have been for many years. This is way above what I can remember as typical. And that is without the young of the year which are still too little to show up much.
  7. I fished last Tuesday and Wednesday. Caught 5 walleyes in Lower WF on lindy and leach. 4 of the fish were caught within an hour on Tuesday early evening. Mornings were slow both days. Heading up again on Monday for a few days. Hopefully weather will stay stable.
  8. Carpenter's North Star Walleye Classic July 13 Big fish was 7.6 pounds and some guys from Bemidji won. That's all I can find out . http://northcountrycarpenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2019-Carpenters-North-Star-Walleye-Classic-Flyer-and-registration.pdf Saw a sign alongside the road while driving to Tower for groceries..
  9. Bumping this post. Back out of 2 harbors with my nephew today. Went 3 for 7 with 2 coho and 1 laker. Nephew had a snafu with the net that cost us a 15-20lb laker at the boat. Tougher bite today. Caught coho on 7 colors of lead and Lakers came on riggers at 50'
  10. Yesterday
  11. I really expected to see a lot of construction going on when I drove through Cook last Friday. Pretty disappointing. That being said the grocery store in Orr served our needs nicely.
  12. Last week
  13. July for me. I have had a couple openers that were pretty thin soup as well.
  14. Who writes this stuff? Neo nicitonoids are insecticides, not herbicides so far as I know.
  15. JBMasterAngler

St. Croix River Fishing Reports

Was nice to hear that the Croix upstream of Stillwater was pretty much normal level, so I fished out of Osceola yesterday. Was an absolute beautiful day to be out! Didn’t get as hot as expected, nice and cloudy, and a nice wind blowing upstream. For the first time in history, I didn’t cast a twister tail on the river. For some reason I was deadset on jointed rapalas and clacking raps. Only caught 1 smallie, 1 walleye, and 1 pike. Lost about 5 fish, 1 of which I suspect was a turtle. Overall experience resulted in one of my better outings of the season!
  16. eyeguy 54

Pics Please

my iPhone 5s att might be for sale soon for cheap. ordered a 6s to try.
  17. any reports/pics/vids of storm damage on the North Arm from this weeks storms? general locations would help too. Thanks!
  18. Always have had struggles in July. Lots of forage to keep them fish full this time of year.
  19. MarkB is the best. So glad to hear from him. Master.
  20. Wanderer

Pics Please

Anyone Got an old smartphone they’re not using anymore???
  21. You can expect excellant walleye fishing with little competition. Don't be afraid to take a trip over to Elephant lake to chase some slab crappies as well. The feed bag should be on.
  22. Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me! If not in Carver, than in the nearby area, like Chaska, Jordan, etc.
  23. Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me!
  24. eyeguy 54

Pics Please

for sure. I havnt been there since first part of may.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• Edward Eshleman

Edward Eshleman 0

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • Wheezy Outdoors

Wheezy Outdoors 15

• papadarv

papadarv 349

• CC Jake