All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Does anyone know where I can rent and/or use a paddle board on Vermilion? Thanks!
  3. Today
  4. We fished the small lake a few week back the water was really high. No luck with bass around the pads tried Texas rigged worms and spinner baits, we did find crappies in 8-10" around Lilly pads and reeds crappies were caught on panfish leaches and small glow jigs.
  5. Hello from Sunset Lodge! In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island. Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green. In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points. A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well. Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches. Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. Until next week! Sunset Lodge
  6. ANYFISH2

Anxiously awaiting the 2018 regs

Definitely getting ready for archery season!
  7. A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park. We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun. Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass. The best walleye bite has been during low light periods. Sunfish and crappie bite all day. We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch. Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access. Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like. I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you.
  8. I'd try to catch ya at lunch for a bit, if not doing something else...
  9. FishingWebGuy

Anxiously awaiting the 2018 regs

Am I the only one? Less than two months 'till archery opener.
  10. A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park. We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun. Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass. The best walleye bite has been during low light periods. Sunfish and crappie bite all day. We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch. Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access. Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like. I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you.
  11. A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park. We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun. Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass. The best walleye bite has been during low light periods. Sunfish and crappie bite all day. We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch. Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access. Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like. I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you.
  12. ifishwalleye

Networking electronics

I bought a used boat and I had the dealer install my Lowrance HDS on the dash. There was already two Lowrance units that came with the Boat. One mounted in the bow and the other in the dash. So when the dealer installed my HDS, the networked it to the older unit from the dash. My sonar on the HDS would only work if the dash unit was on. I really don’t know the advantages of doing this? Anyways, this past weekend I landed the boat and the dash unit wouldn’t power up. I checked and I did have power going to the unit. Hence no sonar. I had to go old school and caught 10 eyes! Lol so my question is how do I bypass the network so I can just run the HDS? Thanks!
  13. Have you tried cleaning it? I have found more often than not when someone tells me their foot pedal isn't working right, I can take it apart, clean it up, lubricate it, and everything works again. If you try this, avoid grease or oil because dirt collects. I used WD-40 and it seemed to work well.
  14. Alexandria Appliance in Alexandria, MN is a Minn Kota parts outlet. Yeah, I was caught off guard about that too. Could check them out. Address: 222 6th Ave E, Alexandria, MN 56308 Phone: (320) 763-6583
  15. monstermoose78

Whos plans on trapping this year?

Protecting my uncles garden 3 chucks, 2 skunks, cat, and some other catches. Lots more chucks to catch and skunks.
  16. Lonny or if someone else can answer do you charge more in Sept to make the special trips or is it the standard rate. Also on a side note took my two citified nieces up there over the 4th for the day and we absolutely killed the Small mouth and even got a bonus trout, they have both asked when the next time we are going up there. 10 and 7. Tumy Also depends on what you are looking for, the bass fishing will be fantastic find island cast around said island catch 25 bass. HAH The bluegills might be a little deeper that time of the year. Walleyes I have two spots I would try that time of year but have never had much success in July and August, that also might be I do it for an hour and 5 pound small mouth start dancing through my head.
  17. We also ran into Fisky on the lake as well as at the weigh-in. He is a fun guy to share a boat seat with.....and catches lots of fish big and small. We had a 30 1/4 fairly early but struggled to find 18 - 19 inchers. Or 16 or 17's. We had 1 18 and finally kept two 14 1/2's as the day wound down. Not getting nice unders was really unexpected. But color us very happy with the results. Good luck
  18. Try these guy's they helped me out one time https://www.warnersdock.com/ They are in New Richmond WI.
  19. Awesome...Always was wondering what happened to him on here. Sounds like the crappies are on fire back home and here I'm working day 9 straight
  20. If Minn Kota doesn’t supply them any longer, you should search the typical on line sales sites in case someone is advertising new old stock parts. I have a 55lb Maxxum on my fishing boat that needs a new armature. MK doesn’t sell them anymore either. I did find some new lower units available and some armatures. I don’t have the serial number sticker on my TM anymore to know for sure what armature to get so I took mine to an electric motor shop to be rewound. The cost is about the same as a new lower unit though. I might just as well get the lower unit with new seals and such but it is really a wash on price and everything else is in good shape. Check more resources if you haven’t already is my advice. Good luck.
  21. Hello, I have an older model minn kota trolling motor. Its a 1999 All Terrain Power Max 44lb Thrust. I cannot seem to find a new foot pedal system for it. Should I just get a new trolling motor? Thanks in advance for any help
  22. It’s the greatest experience to take a kid duck hunting on youth day. There is not enough kids out there to chase the ducks away. When I take kids o rarely see another person hunting. I wish they had youth day when I was a kid. Stop being selfish and give the kids a chance!
  23. I think that's a great way to do it. Probably only takes a minute to put it on or take it off.
  24. Yesterday
  25. The guy I bought our place from had an 1/8" cable right down the center of the whole dock. I'll likely move towards a more invisible, section by section approach. However, the full length cable setup has been effective and not as intrusive as one may imagine. Really easy to fasten all the sections at once. May be able to see in the attached
  26. Headed north to a little perch and walleye lake this morning. The day didn't start the greatest, go to take off from the landing and the boat porpoised like a mofo... Ah crap forgot the plug haha haven't done that one in a few years... The day got better from there, we found fish stacked up on the wind blown weed line... There were so many fish I assumed they were schools of big perch, but they were mostly smaller walleyes with some real nice keepers mixed in... Crawlers under a bobber were the ticket... They would hardly touch a leech.
  27. Many of you FM long termers remember FisherDog from way back...he used to post all the time before he moved to Florida. He was up for a couple days this past week and we got on a good crappie bite in the area, he is a Crappie Guru and man we worked hard but had fun...boated well over 100 in 2 days on the outside weed edges...many absolute Donkeys. Kept a few smaller ones so he could have a fish fry for his family...couple of pics...he's in the blue shirt.
  28. Any action out on Gull? I have tried a few times and have had some success pulling rapalas but finding areas void of weeds is getting harder and harder. Just curious how others are fairing out there. I am thinking I need to get out there during the day and try small jigs and 3" minnows as that is what have been in the guts of the fish we have cleaned.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• Wanderer

Wanderer 542

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • monstermoose78

monstermoose78 1,616

Official Fishing Report Team - MN
    • dillon

dillon 4

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • LBerquist