Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wicky

PINE ISLAND REPORTS ??

wicky

Im heading up the 6th -9th of Januarary has anybody been fishing up there today or monday the 3rd? I was looking for some depths peple are fishing at north of pine off of Adrians road. My house sits 1.5 miles north of pine in about 26 feet of water. Is this a good location or should I move farther out we have a 8x16 house (kinda hard to move if there is a-lot of smow) but it can be done. How has the fishing been also??

Very Good fish hard or go home!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

bturck

Wicky: I checked with Jody last week at Riverbend, thought maybe you had left a cold one in the cooler for me, no such luck. I told the boys hi for you. cool.gif

Last week we were out in 28' by Wed, and Richard was moving some to 30'. they have started the migration of the houses to deeper water. I'm headed back on the 17th so hopefully you will have a good report by then. Good luck, hang on. Bill

mr marbles

We were up over New years, fished Fri.Sat Sunday, 2 people very slow fishing for everyone i talked to, Fished in portables in 26, 28, and out to the edge of all the houses 30 ft, weather though was not good!Caught 10 fish a day but all pretty small, 12-14 inches if that! most fishermen were keeping these small ones i was surprised!all the cleaning houses had small ones in the barrel.caught mostly walleyes,couple decent saugers, this was the norm for most i talked to,caught 5 eelpout,one of the eelpout had a 8" walleye in its stomach, what happen to all the saugers? if the weather would stabilize maybe it would be better, but for the money i would go to a different lake.Ice is good, though went through a slushy spot on my way out to deeper water.

wicky

Thanks for the info any other informents can pipe in also.

How many miles north of pine are houses going?? And how deep are they.

grin.gif

Tripleplay

Wicky,

Good luck fishing this weekend!

If you don't know who I am just a reminder that you were at my house for X-mas day. FYI---my LOW trip fell through with the other group as we couldn't fill up the big cabin we had reserved so I'm game anytime you've got an opening in the house.

Did add a new SM-Lazer Mag along with the Vex so I'm getting the goodies and just need to get them wet. Hopefully out this Saturday for a bit with the kids then some of the ICE events (Medicine, Rush and maybe Tonka) as well as the WBL get together if you are not working why don't you ride along with me as I could use the help.

wicky

What is the WBL I have not heard of it??? There is a big Forest lake contest some time this winter maybe could hit that. Im not sure when though.

You must know Santa pretty well to get a new VEX and a auger for x-mas. Those Hammers have the money. grin.gif

PikeTipper

I think he is referring to White Bear Lake.

Tripleplay

Only somebody who married a Hammers would know what it's like! Honestly the Vex wasn't going to do me a whole lotta good without a hole in the ice and it took me a couple of days of pointing that out before the breakthru. Of course, I used a little X-mas money I got from father/mother-in-law and my dad towards the purchase. I may have failed to mention that in return for the auger I had to sign a note on a china hutch!!!!! It seems I got the short end of this stick (not really but don't tell her) and I'm keeping track towards a portable shelter-believe me.

The WBL is a get together of FM'rs in the metro area that just want to fish and maybe teach us rookies some tricks. There is a thread on the metro lakes section, but it is next Saturday (15th) at 10AM and I'm bringing Nathaniel for sure--probably not the girls unless they really enjoy this Saturday on Coon or Medicine. Just another opportuity for me to get out and maybe get a little better at ice fishing since I'm a novice at this hard water type.

I saw a flyer for the Forest Lake tourney and wouldn't mind fishing it if it works out.

By the way Happy B-Day if I remember your comments on Christmas Day.