Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

monstermoose78

Went and checked the first ice lakes and found .5 inches to almost 2 inches. If you go out please bring a buddy and dry clothes.

• Thanks 1

Dirtyfisheyes
5 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Went and checked the first ice lakes and found .5 inches to almost 2 inches. If you go out please bring a buddy and dry clothes.

What part of the state?

monstermoose78

Cambridge Princeton area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Barrington
      By Barrington
      NOW BOOKING FOR THE 2018 ICE FISHING SEASON!!
      LIMITED SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE..

Barrington Lake camp will now be offering remote ice fishing for the very first time thanks to its unique train access. You can also come by ski-doo from the town of Savant Lake. Its a 30-45min ride.
      Ice fishing with us at Barrington r Camp will be one of the coolest fishing trips you ever experience! Pristine snow covered lakes in the rugged Canadian Shield. Remoteness! Where the fish are plentiful and tasty!
      During our ice fishing season, we use the main lodge for accommodations. The air tight wood stoves in every room keep you  toasty warm and the propane lights make it cozy and rustic.
      This is remote ice fishing at its best. At camp you will have a heated room, Wi-Fi, full kitchen with propane fridge and stove, a newly built heated outhouse, and electricity on demand to charge batteries and extra lights. A flat screen TV for hockey games is also available.
      We access numerous lakes by snowmobile, ATV and even snowshoes. We travel with portable ice huts to keep us mobile and on top of fish.  Water will be available through the lake but there will be no running water for showers.
      The fishing has been outstanding all summer long so why not extend it year round. Main species in the lake are walleye, northern, white fish, and some perch. There has been numerous 26"-30" walleye's caught on a weekly basis through out the summer. This camp and lake have been private up until this past summer. 90% of groups who came for the first time this year have already booked for next year. References are available.
      Limited spots available for ice-fishing. Only 2 rooms available in the winter months. You will have 1000's of acres of water at to your self.

******4 Man Sunday to Monday Special $600/Person******
      Included in the package..
      -Accommodations
      -Train tickets
      -Ice auger
      -Ice Shelter
      -Quad or Ski doo for traveling the late
      All you need is your equipment & Food. Our ice fishing packages are very flexible and can be customized to suit your requests. Come try one of our Northwestern Ontario winter getaways, ice fishing remote waters!
      The train departs either Armstrong Ontario north of Thunder Bay, or Sioux Look out Ontario 2 days a week. Its a 1.5 hour ride direct to camp from either direction. Dates can be re-arranged to suit your needs.
      Call or e-mail for more information.
      Tonnes of new reviews & references available from this year.
      Check out our website at
      www.barringtonlakecamp.com
      or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Barringtonlake/
      Jonathan & Lyndsey
      807-584-2202
      807-407-4202                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      807-407-3997
      You wont be disappointed!! No one has been yet!
    • Dock Boy
      By Dock Boy
         Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 
      We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!
      Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)
    • Jason Aherns
      By Jason Aherns
      Me and my family never have caught a walleye where can we go 2- 3 hours from Chisago city Mn? And pretty much guarantee abunce in walleyes and maybe have a few for dinner?  I have tried and tried caught some real awesome fish so far but no walleyes please help thank you
    • Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      Hey guys and gals!
      I was wondering what kind of fish is this? I was thinking they were redhorse suckers or something but I am not 100% sure! I have been catching them out of the Mississippi and don't know if they are invasive or what the heck they are because they smell god awful!
      Thanks!

By 12345
      Im staying at Arrowwood July 2-5 and looking to catch some 'eyes for a fish fry or 2. Never been to the area before so I dont have much to go by other than my overall knowledge of Walleye fishing elsewhere. Ill probably be fishing early mornings and dusk for obvious reasons, but also because my boat will be used for the majority of the days for entertaining the girlfriends family. Im open to fishing not only Darling, but Carlos and Le Homme Dieu as well. 

From what ive read and can see on Google Earth, the lakes are pretty clear, and from experience, usually means tough walleye fishing for this time of year. -I grew up fishing Woman Lake in the Longville/Hackensack area and that lake is as clear as they come. The only way we can snag some 'eyes in the summer is to fish the deep weed lines. Is that the approach I should be taking on these lakes? Does dragging rapalas across mid-lake flats produce? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gavin.
    • Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      I was wondering if and there is any good fishing in Hastings during the summertime lake Rebecca, lake Isabella, Vermilion River, or anywhere off the banks of the Mississippi? I haven't caught anything yet this year and I am itching to catch anything now. Just a fyi I just bank fish.

Thanks in advance!
    • flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Greetings fishermen and women! Its great being back in the swing of things and better yet in the boat! Both the MN and Ontario season is now open and fishing has been great! Staffers here at Flag Island Resort have been busy getting ready for the upcoming summer months with some deep cleaning, window washing, grounds work and remodeling!

On the Minnesota side anglers have been catching nice saugers, walleyes and perch. Soon the crappies should be finding their way into the shallows around Angle Inlet and other small creeks and the walleyes have spawned out over the past couple of weeks. With the warmer temps that started out last week anglers were finding fish in shallower water between 5-17 feet now, with the cooler temps, rain and winds most of the fish have been pushed deeper into the 16-26 foot range. Points and reefs close to large land masses adjacent to sand and rubble have been hot locations. Anglers have found fish near Soldier’s, Little Oak, Oak Island and NW Point. The water surface temp has been in that 50-55 degree range. Right now it seems like everything is working from ¼ to 3/8 jigs to slow trolling with raps in the shallows as well as trolling spinners keeping on the move at 0.9 mph.

Over in Ontario, the walleye, sauger, crappie, perch and pike have been hungry. Perch and crappie should be spawning soon. Crappies are being caught around the 20 foot mark . Sandy bays and points have been best for the walleye and crappie bite while the perch are still caught in the rocks. Many pike have been caught in areas with current. There have been reports of a lot of smallmouth mixed in with the walleyes.  Jigging with a ¼-3/8 ounce jig has been the ticket and the water temp has been around 49-52 degrees.

We hope to see you up here soon!
      Until next week, good luck fishing!
      Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers
      Flag Island Resort
      218-223-8011

• 1eyeReD
      By 1eyeReD
      Simple question and don't give up your hotspots:
      You think crappies will be reachable by shore yet? By this weekend? It's gonna be nice, but a little windy. I'm heading out with the kids and we'll be hitting a few shore spots on different lakes within the same latitudes as the twin cities,  but just outside of the cities. Just curious what you all think based on your findings or experience.

• leech~~
      2 Trout stamps.  Did I miss something and need to go back and get another?
    • Wanderer
      The 200 foot rule gets me a little but it has to be defined somehow what is occupied and what isn’t.   So for a wheelhouse we get to buy tabs to have on the road and a sticker to have it on the ice and go away for a little while.  Seems pretty close to double taxation since any LE can find out who the owner is from the current plate. Plus the spear shack that I might want to keep up over the weekend.  2 tags plus license. Combination sports license 2 trout stamps Waterfowl stamps Pheasant stamp  Turkey license (stamp now included) Deer license for all seasons   The bucket is getting heavy with all the drops in it.  
    • ib_jigged
      Really no different than using your boat.  $14,000 fish house and $14.33/year is going to kill you?? What gets me is at the lake we are at in the summer, mostly out of state people in the campground and all of their boats, never leave that lake and they are all licensed out of state and not in MN.  That is a chunk of money the state does not see.
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Great news to hear! Hopefully it will make enough tonight and hope it isn't going to get as warm as they say. Fingers crossed!
    • CLPDB
      Was hoping to come up with a 1/2 ton and a 16ft wheel house Dec. 1st.  Any thoughts if the ice will be think enough to go out of Hillmens?
    • timjones
      Took a drive around Lake Osakis earlier. It appears the cold and calm winds we had last night made a lot of ice. From what I could tell it appeared the lake was locked up except there was a small open area in Manthey's Bay that had a couple trumpeter swans swimming around and another small area in front of Holiday Resort that had some ducks swimming around. The rest was all ice, thin ice. Don't know if it will hold up over the next 5 days. High of 38 tomorrow, 46 and showers on Friday with high winds, 36 Saturday, 44 Sunday and 44 Monday. The lows over night aren't going to dip very low. If it was a few inches thick I wouldn't be to concerned, but as thin as it is, could be bad.
    • PRO-V
      Not by itself it won't but they raised the price on licenses for everything. Once you add it all up I'll bet you never got that big of a raise at your job. I paid for an ATV license since they first came out and we didn't get squat for it for over 20 years. What a joke, not to mention debacles like Mille Lacs Lake management. AAARRGGHHH!!  I gotta quit now before I pop a vein.
    • JerkinLips
      Thanks for the updates.  Think I will play it safe and wait until Thursday, November 30 to go out from McKinley Park.
    • Finnish Flash
      7" of good clear ice in the couple holes I drilled in Pike Bay this morning.   
    • cookie129
      not sure why its not showing I'm posting? Anyway walking out on the south shore gets you in deeper water quicker. Yes they do bite on red lake during the dark. I hardly ever go on the lake early ice unless Buddy Hillmen needs my help. Once I drive on the lake with blue thunder I will be on her just about everyday un  tell mid march if mother nature cooperates.